What's new

New 6 plant Gettotree setup.

C

-Capfan-

So, just to clarify, Good Ole Lava rock with a good rinsing in the epicenter to let the beni's colonize eh?

Do you put the lava rocks perhaps in a cloth of some sort to keep them from gettin sucked through?

Also, ive been meaning to ask you, when you transfer from your Veg to your Flower room, they seemed like different container lids? The transplanting must be a pain in the ass?

I moved a few 3-4 ft girls into flower and had nothing but the 10" Net pot, was scary to move/transplant when they get so big, just curious if you just take your sweet ass time transfering them, or how do you secure them in the move?

hotboxes

Check out biobuckets, they run off of B.B. from lava rocks just running water over them for at least a 2 week period w/o any type of chlorine you will start building up a colony of B.B. . Add a Myco to it to start the colony faster, then just feed with EWC tea roots will stay nice and healthy.

HellaFella420

Veteran
Well played sir! A DIY fella after my own heart!

I'm confused with the foggers tho.... what are your lights on/off RH? I'm running dehums 24/7 to keep things in check, I flabbergasts me when I see people ADDING humidity to their environs...

C

-Capfan-

Ghetto, This is assuming the cooltube setup and this one are two different locations...

But ever think of a few more plants within your state law?

Just curious if 6 is the magic number for you, but if a new location is setup, more tree's? :D

edit: Bigger room bigger/added Ac more tree's? Or is it just too much work after all that...

Just wondering your thought process

whereswaldosbud

Ghetto I just built my own lil undercurrent system and was wondering where should I have my ph? And what's the highest or lowest I should allow it to get before chasing it?

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Ghetto I just built my own lil undercurrent system and was wondering where should I have my ph? And what's the highest or lowest I should allow it to get before chasing it?
I have a DIY UC and keep my pH at about 5.5-6.0. I use Dyna-Gro nutes and have stable pH with little drift, maybe adjust every 2-4 days. I adjust with 5 ml pH up or down per gallon of RO water that's added to res. The size of your res and buckets also can determine stability.

C

-Capfan-

Hey ghetto, just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback you give and sharing your knowledge...

You've inspired alot, including me..

9 1k 6 600, using what i have on hand, i hope to get atleast 40% of what your average is the first round...

the fun begins!

Thanks Ghetto!

Attachments

• 206.jpg
    206.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 25

Grow4Flow

Cap, you should ditch the cooltubes and place some muffins on low speed beneath them, the slow flow wind column pushes the heat straight up for extraction and you can actually put your hand between the plant and bulb and feel almost nothing.

Stonefree69

Veteran
Hey ghetto, just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback you give and sharing your knowledge...

You've inspired alot, including me..

9 1k 6 600, using what i have on hand, i hope to get atleast 40% of what your average is the first round...

the fun begins!

Thanks Ghetto!
Cap, you should ditch the cooltubes and place some muffins on low speed beneath them, the slow flow wind column pushes the heat straight up for extraction and you can actually put your hand between the plant and bulb and feel almost nothing.
DITTO for Grow4Flow! Then just figure out the cubic feet of room and exhaust vent 2x/minute air exchange. Fans run much more efficient too with little or no ducting. For intake vent I use Doran 12" x 12" darkroom stealth louvers where no light can escape (I remove 1 panel for better air flow each then rated for 800 cfm & still blocks like 99+% of light). Then sell that stuff on eBay or Craig's list and you can invest in other things or just save or spend it...

And babyshit like DHF says. :blowbubbles:

C

-Capfan-

The light placement i have not even touched, thats from the last run, the system i just did today, unfortunately i have to vent at least half the lights due to heat =(

I need to learn how to install a Air handler/ Condenser as Ghetto did, i plan to bare bulb it all like ghetto, once i can afford another 5 ton unit...

I am reading, but i wish i had a HVAC buddy to help me through a installing or two, i might end up buying a mini split, but a air handler would be so much better.

Shoot ive even bought some Aqua flakes + Drip clean, and a few items to make EWC tea...

Ghetto started with DM zone ( sterilized route ) and ended up choosing the EWC..

Big shoes to fill =X :tiphat:

edit: And DHF is the man

Stonefree69

Veteran
The light placement i have not even touched, thats from the last run, the system i just did today, unfortunately i have to vent at least half the lights due to heat =(

I need to learn how to install a Air handler/ Condenser as Ghetto did, i plan to bare bulb it all like ghetto, once i can afford another 5 ton unit...

I am reading, but i wish i had a HVAC buddy to help me through a installing or two, i might end up buying a mini split, but a air handler would be so much better.

Shoot ive even bought some Aqua flakes + Drip clean, and a few items to make EWC tea...

Ghetto started with DM zone ( sterilized route ) and ended up choosing the EWC..

Big shoes to fill =X :tiphat:

edit: And DHF is the man
Hey Capfan, I see you're running a sealed room then. My grow room is part of my house and there's no venting to the outdoors either. I just recirculate the air throughout the house with a 12" Mountain air carbon filter on my exhaust. My heating bill for winter is still about the same and actually went down a bit last month! :D Guess cause the heat source was more "direct" which was from the lighting (no HVAC fan and ducting in attic used) and HVAC rarely turned on. Guess same reason why mini-splits are so efficient, it's more direct with no ducting and fans are more efficient.

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
can't see for the fog your setup works a treat are your electrics fine with humidity like that

do you warm the water for the foggers or is it like a cool mist ?

I'm gunna have to create something similar

peace

Grow4Flow

I just received my ultrasonic foggers and tried them out, definitely a cool fog, almost enough drop room temp a degree or two, lol

V

Veg N Out

Well played sir! A DIY fella after my own heart!

I'm confused with the foggers tho.... what are your lights on/off RH? I'm running dehums 24/7 to keep things in check, I flabbergasts me when I see people ADDING humidity to their environs...

Humidity doesnt create mold or mildews a lack of airflow and circulation does

I

Inspired333

gettogro

gettogro

hey Ghetto!

Quick question man, you seem to have a pondmaster AP-100. How do you like the pondmaster brand air pumps?

Thanks.

Green_science

Did someone say 29kw 12 plants, Tehehehe, well done Getto, things turned out REAL SWEET, how you going? I would love to see some some SSH trees in there, I see you got access to H&G why the hell aren't you using Roots Excelurator?

whereswaldosbud

I NEED HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! I just built a under current setup 8 20gallon totes and one for the res my ph is at 4.6 I already poured a whole bottle of ph up and it onoy went up .1 what should I do its the first day the clones are in the system