What's new

Nepal Jam

Good Egg

Nepal Jam sometime around 7/8 weeks. First run in no-till beds and calibrating blumats etc. She was very robust in relation to low temperature and overwatering. She made some beautiful hash which I’m sampling now. Very interesting cultivar.

DD01BC87-D18D-496E-8C01-C06C4912CB34.jpeg
730B3983-6F2E-4391-95BE-DEC65F92FB92.jpeg
249CC7F3-15C0-4594-8446-D75E46A30865.jpeg
6DC7A340-DFF2-4415-933C-9F5EF35AAA8B.jpeg

Cactus Squatter

ToastedHoagie

Nepal Jam sometime around 7/8 weeks. First run in no-till beds and calibrating blumats etc. She was very robust in relation to low temperature and overwatering. She made some beautiful hash which I’m sampling now. Very interesting cultivar.

View attachment 18798800 View attachment 18798801 View attachment 18798802 View attachment 18798803
Super chunky looking pheno, looks fantastic. What were your yields like in the hash department? Was it fresh frozen or dried/cured material? I didn't have a particularly well yielding pheno but the flavor was outstanding. I want to hunt for a better washer for sure.

Good Egg

@ToastedHoagie thanks for the comment dude. It ended up as fresh frozen material. I’m very inexperienced with extraction so it is tricky to comment with any accuracy. Saying that, I suppose it did yield less than a similar amount of Zour Lemon by Karma (which I also pollinated the Nepal Jam above with). Probably a case of hunting a highly resinous pheno as you say. One of the girls I ran in a small pot looked more resinous fwiw. I’m interested to look through her progeny though. Hopefully her daughters will appear on the Ace x thread one day ☮️

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Well hello there. I'm now very close to harvest with this beautiful Nepal Jam. She is an amazing plant. Perfectly manageable structure and height and just so healthy all the way from sprout to flowers.

Shes been grown in Detroit Nutrient Company soil, without an PHing or care to VPD. In veg I keep the RH between 55 and 60 and in flower 45 - 55. Temps as high as I can get them but being cold this time of year they vary from 84 in veg to about 74/76 days and down to 67 at night.

I fed her almost nothing, as DNC has most of what a plant will need. I feed worm casting compost teas every 2-3 weeks, with a full array of support for the soil microbiogy with attention to the soil food web, fungi, bacteria, etc. Big fan of Yah Whey, Rootwise, Photosynthesis plus, microbe +. At flip she got some gypsum and Greengro flower finisher, and last 5 weeks of flower she gets flower finisher with the tea applications maybe every 2-3 weeks.

I took a sample from the lowest parts of the plant about a week ago and woooooooweeeee hits like a train. Instant heart rate increase and thena really nice upbeat high.

She's very close if not there, although her trichomes have not gotten quite as cloudy as Im used to seeing at this point in the progression but she is certainly strong! Im seeing a mix of cloudy and clear with amber at the very tops closest to direct light.

I have 2 other plants dharing the space and I'm trying to time all three together and they are just slightly behind (SFV OG BX and Chem 91 BX).

I'll come back after shes cured for a report on effects, but so far its some of the best Ive tried in recent years. Amazing all around and checks all the boxes.

Happy to hear you have had a good and smooth experience growing Nepal Jam for the first time @synthesis_314 :D really beautiful outcome on your Nepalese highland pheno. Nepal Jam is indeed one of the easiest genetics to grow we offer, it's a breeze to grow in all kind of conditions, and the flowers provide a really warm, pleasant and well focused effect that also works great in many different situations.
How did the terpenes and effects evolve through the curing ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yes @synthesis_314 that is 7 gallon pot... yes the structure and fast ripening from this one is really nice....i like not taking main stem out if possible especially on the mother plant from seed....then if there are subsequent clone runs i can experiment with best practice for that plant based on the first run
i only took a few lowers as clones...and perhaps removed a few more lower branches that did not stretch.... a few uppers fan leaves that were shading came of too.... all the low branches stretched out to find the light and are producing well... great symmetry and node spacing.... great height for indoor... odors are great from this plant....it's got the nepjam "creamy" smell with a backround of grassy herbal...there is also a spice like component... an quick dried green sample revealed a sort of creamy cinnamon taste (sort of like a horchata drink) ....there are other smells that come to mind when smelling nepjam mainly nag champa and sandalwood....

Glad to see you revisting Nepal Jam genetics @StrongTree and growing another one from seed :D much appreciated friend. I also have found that such green looking phenos of Nepal highland structure and flowering typically have those herbal-spicy terps you comment, not so sweet-floral.

How would you rate the outcome of this one after a bit of curing compared with your previous experience with this strain ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great looking pheno @Good Egg :love: As contrast, yours has much more Jamaican sativa influence, she's a bigger yielder but needs 1-2 weeks more to fully ripe than the Nepal highland phenos previously commented. Glad she has the appealing sweet, floral, honeyed signature terps of this strain and that produces good quality hash ;) Enjoy!

mikeymeteor

Nepal Jam about two months into veg just after topping and defoliation.
Nepal Jam Veg.jpg

Growing in a small 2x2x5 ac infinity tent under a Mars Hydro FC3000 in coco.

Feeding daily around 700ppm of 2 Masterblend, 2 Cal Nit, 1 Epsom Salt and occasional Silica.

Thanks Dubi for preserving and stabilizing such great genetics. Can't wait to smoke her and pass her around.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome to ICMag mikeymeteor :D and thanks for supporting our work, much appreciated.

That's a healthy and well focused Nepal Jam :yes: the lighter green color and long, strong branching are usually a sign of strong Jamaican influence in your plant, we will see during flowering!

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Nepal Jam about two months into veg just after topping and defoliation.
View attachment 18809202
Growing in a small 2x2x5 ac infinity tent under a Mars Hydro FC3000 in coco.

Feeding daily around 700ppm of 2 Masterblend, 2 Cal Nit, 1 Epsom Salt and occasional Silica.

Thanks Dubi for preserving and stabilizing such great genetics. Can't wait to smoke her and pass her around.
pretty well, how's the look of this plant lately.

mikeymeteor

Hey Mars Hydro - what's up? And Ace nice to see you again. I like the combo. It works for me in NYC.

It's my first grow with FC3000, which has been a nice upgrade. I'm in a closet - medical grow, legal state. I love the light so far. I keep it dimmed at around 60% lately since I'm in a 2x2x4. Also electric bill has looked better lately. Thanks for that. Next grow I'll go with a taller tent, but can probably only go up another foot maybe two if I break out a saw. I'm at the lights at the moment, but am twisting and bending the stalks. They're in coco, so kind of bend without breaking, but snap back. It's a little late for lst. Still, I'm buying time for now. I might have to harvest in stages. Take the tops a little early. I can't wait to taste the herb anyway and like that heady sativa high. Also this plant has a ton of bud sites. I topped it and did various stuff, but it just snaps back stronger.

The smell is pretty fresh and herbal. To be honest, it's that time when things get funky even with carbon filters. At this point, I just need to power on until finish. There's no hiding it completely. Cook a lot pasta sauce and practice my masalas for next month. Still it's there hanging in the air like a mountainside ganja temple. It's not chem dog, but it's got that killer weed smell.

I'm digging the jamaican and nepalese jungle funk and ancient magic. Just having the plant around gives me good vibes and hives. I have three seeds left and didn't take viable clones. I went into the air bubbler with a few cuts, since I'm successfully keeping mothers alive in the same mini dwc bubblers. Bad idea. I couldn't get the clones to root. Next time, I'm going to go into the rooting formula and then peat pellets. I want a mother of this plant around. It feels like family already and I like it in my place.

Puff puff pass... View attachment 18823214 View attachment Nepal Jam under Mars Hydro FC 3000 3.jpg

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad to hear you are excited about her :) @mikeymeteor she is fattening up well passing mid flowering.
The leaf serration upwards is usually a sign of PK overfeeding so lower down a bit these 2 and perhaps overall ec too.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yes @Kalbhairav it was a limited edition released in 2018 and now sold out and discontinued:

Latest posts

Latest posts