What's new

Name Your Top 5 Ace Strains!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Hey guys,

I had a couple of big tokes of Zamaldelica this afternoon and it got me to thinking... If I was stuck on a lush tropical island for the next 10 years, and I only had 5 Ace strains to choose from that would have to sustain me, what would I bring with me? Of course I would have access to completely ideal growing conditions and I would have unlimited seeds available, haha. But I can only pick 5...damn! :D

Now I've just been growing for about three-four years, but luckily I discovered Ace early one and I have mainly focussed on their selections, although I have grown lots of others as well. But in that relatively short time I have gone through quite a few strains, grown at various levels of competency, and not all were great successes, that is for sure. But since I discovered recycled organic living soil two years ago and have gone completely organic the quality has only steadily increased. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting great results these days and am super happy with the state of things.

Now, here is a list of all the Ace gear that I have run so far in the past three years. Well, this is a list to the best of my recollection, so I might have missed a few, lol:

PCK
Kali China
Nep Jam
Zamaldelica
Early Bubba Hash
Orient Express
Malawi
Panama
Snow Moon
Zamal Bliss
Honduras Breeze
Violeta
Orient Express x Nep Jam
PCK x Kali China
Nep Jam x Kali China
Zamaldelica x Kali China
Ethiopian x Malawi
Honduras x Panama
Panama x Tikal
Panama x PCK
Panama x Bangi Haze
Panama x Malawi
Malawi x PCK

currently running so can't comment yet:

Thai x Kali China
Kali China x Orient Express
Bubba Kush x Kali China
Kali China x Panama

Wow, seems like I have tried a lot more than that, but that's partly because I have grown quite a few CBG, Bhodi and others that they have carried. And there have been several Ace strains also that I have grown two or three times already.

So at any rate, what are YOUR top 5 Ace strains so far, and why? Hopefully we can get a few folks to play along...here are mine, in no particular order, and I expect this will change in a few months:

1. Honduras x Panama

2. Ethiopia x Malawi

3. Orient Express

4. Panama x Bangi Haze

5. Zamaldelica x Kali China

Last edited:

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Nice lineup, thanks. I have a couple of those on my to do list...Guawi and Purple Haze x Malawi.

Greencedar

1) Super Malawi Haze
2) Malawi
3) Panama Bangi Haze
4) Thai Chi
5) Green Honduras Haze

SMH’s old school hashy/metallic taste is really hard to beat and the high is incredible. The pheno I liked grew a bit wild/octupus like.

I’ve got a bunch of Ace seeds and Gauwi, Golden Tiger, and Zamaldelica are high on the list to try. New Caledonia seems really interesting too.

spacetraveller

I have only tried 3 stains so far, golden tiger, Malawi X Panama and purple haze X Malawi. Purple haze I like the most, amazing high and such a great and challenging plant to grow. Smells fantastic.
Glad to see zameldelica X kalichina makes your top 5, I have some seeds I am excited to try next season.

Sensistar42

I have only tried 3 stains so far, golden tiger, Malawi X Panama and purple haze X Malawi. Purple haze I like the most, amazing high and such a great and challenging plant to grow. Smells fantastic.
Glad to see zameldelica X kalichina makes your top 5, I have some seeds I am excited to try next season.
It was good! I had the China dom version, I’ll be looking for an in the middle pheno in the future.

dilettante

Tropical island (nearly 12/12 photo period, no frost, at least periodically wet). Unlimited seeds of 5 Ace current offerings. OK.

Since there is no such thing as completely optimal growing conditions: what gives me more generic diversity? Feminized or regular offerings? Fems are all 1 x 1 crosses. I would say the regs, since they are made with some kind of a larger population.

Now I would keep planting gardens around the island throughout the first year seeding heavily directly into the ground with an even mix of the chosen genetics and see what works, how and when. Next year I would let everything pollinate everything else while keeping the unlimited pure seedstock.

Now to the selection... Maybe this:

Green Haze x Zamaldelica
Thai x Panama (fem)
Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze (fem)
Purple Haze x Malawi
New Caledonia

5 is not much. Maybe I would change one or two of the above-mentioned for Orient Express or Congo. It would be nice to have something mellow and soothing to smoke as well.

What do you think?

Or maybe rather this selection:

New Caledonia
Thai
Panama x Bangi Haze
Napal Annapurna x Nepal Mist
Tropical Mix Regular (cheat code)

Not my favorite strains, just a fantasy garden.

Last edited:

spacetraveller

Tropical island (nearly 12/12 photo period, no frost, at least periodically wet). Unlimited seeds of 5 Ace current offerings. OK.

Since there is no such thing as completely optimal growing conditions: what gives me more generic diversity? Feminized or regular offerings? Fems are all 1 x 1 crosses. I would say the regs, since they are made with some kind of a larger population.

Now I would keep planting gardens around the island throughout the first year seeding heavily directly into the ground with an even mix of the chosen genetics and see what works, how and when. Next year I would let everything pollinate everything else while keeping the unlimited pure seedstock.

Now to the selection... Maybe this:

Green Haze x Zamaldelica
Thai x Panama (fem)
Purple Zamal x Bangi Haze (fem)
Purple Haze x Malawi
New Caledonia

5 is not much. Maybe I would change one or two of the above-mentioned for Orient Express or Congo. It would be nice to have something mellow and soothing to smoke as well.

What do you think?

Or maybe rather this selection:

New Caledonia
Thai
Panama x Bangi Haze
Napal Annapurna x Nepal Mist
Tropical Mix Regular (cheat code)

Not my favorite strains, just a fantasy garden.
I like the first 5 picks, the different phenos from just those 5 types would keep you going forever 😉

Old Fogey

Within a few years you will have an island covered in mostly ordinary weed of little value. Genetic drift will cause the loss of desirable traits from the population. THC levels will be particularly affected negatively, without selective breeding.

Peace

dilettante

Within a few years you will have an island covered in mostly ordinary weed of little value. Genetic drift will cause the loss of desirable traits from the population. THC levels will be particularly affected negatively, without selective breeding.

Peace
Yeah, quite possibly. This is why in the year three selection starts after having scouted the pure strain / island compatibility and generated the mixed population. You need the mixed population for selection.

On the other hand already year one would probably have provided a lifetime worth of top shelf product, so it would not be too bad to allow the experiment of everything going wild for some years and seeing what really developed out of the starting material. For me gardening is about having fun and discovery.

Maybe I wouldn't even care about THC content or effect if I had nobody to share the weed with on the island. Just grow and breed the whole lot for fragrance, beauty and seeds for culinary use?

Latest posts

Latest posts