What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

My current landrace grows.

Freezerweed

Hello, former lurker here. I don't normally photograph my plants, but I thought some here may enjoy seeing my current grow of Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo x Jamaican Longtime and my Meao Thai recreation. These are at 6 weeks into flower and 1 week after being tied down to promote side branching and increase bud sites. I will try to take regular photos and show the evolution of growth characteristics. After planting in containers for many years, I now plant directly into the soil of my crawlspace grow room. The normal lime green color in the Punto Rojos darkens, but the bud sites still are lime green. I think planting in the soil has solved many grow room issues, like aphids, mold, and wet roots. Which are all related to drainage.
Shown in order of Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo crossed with Jamaican Longtime, and a Meao Thai leaning pheno. Next pics at 8 weeks should show beginning bud development.

Attachments

• 20241016_075031.jpg
    20241016_075031.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20241016_075037.jpg
    20241016_075037.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
  • 20241016_075840.jpg
    20241016_075840.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

Freezerweed

Niice choice of strains.

What are they like to smoke? Havent seen many JLT/PR reports.

Are they your crosses?
Yes. The Meao is a cross of Double Thai and Golden Tiger #1, then just kept looking for the right characteristics, like internodes, leaf, and longer flowering times.
The Punto Rojo is F2 crossed with a nice girl that lasted 27 weeks in flower and a good looking male.
The PR x JLT F1 phenos vary in effect and character. I have isolated 2 that should have extreme resin production along with some good trippy visuals.

Rocket Soul

Yes. The Meao is a cross of Double Thai and Golden Tiger #1, then just kept looking for the right characteristics, like internodes, leaf, and longer flowering times.
The Punto Rojo is F2 crossed with a nice girl that lasted 27 weeks in flower and a good looking male.
The PR x JLT F1 phenos vary in effect and character. I have isolated 2 that should have extreme resin production along with some good trippy visuals.
Can i ask you why youre looking for longer flowering time? Mature is mature i figure but i havent looked into this is practice. Got some sativa hybrid genetics, 4 generations from orginal origin in Himalayan/mexican/reunion island which gives great highs from 7 week flower (though we often take it til 8).

Freezerweed

Can i ask you why youre looking for longer flowering time? Mature is mature i figure but i havent looked into this is practice. Got some sativa hybrid genetics, 4 generations from orginal origin in Himalayan/mexican/reunion island which gives great highs from 7 week flower (though we often take it til 8).
Longer flower times for landraces equal better effects. The Punto Rojo female from my cross took 27 weeks and was electric trip weed.

Landwolf

I used to put myself to sleep at night on how I would utilize my parent's crawl space to grow weed. All I needed was an electrical outlet down there... Good job man! And using the soil level brings your plant height down too. I bet the soil has been dry for many years, have you considered putting something like earth worms in there for your roots?

Freezerweed

I used to put myself to sleep at night on how I would utilize my parent's crawl space to grow weed. All I needed was an electrical outlet down there... Good job man! And using the soil level brings your plant height down too. I bet the soil has been dry for many years, have you considered putting something like earth worms in there for your roots?
A few worms pop up when I'm pulling out finished plants. I like growing there. No problems with temps either. I actually lowered the plants too much this time because a leg broke on my PVC frame. I'll see how that works out, but it is not optimal.

Latest posts

Latest posts