What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Multiple DEA raids in Denver 10/28 - Hmmmm.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will be interesting to see how this plays out......And just before casting votes for governor, other high ranking offices, early voting or sizing up ballot.

DEA, Denver Police Raid Multiple Marijuana Grow Operations (UPDATE)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/28/denver-marijuana-raid_n_6063066.html

"Federal agents along with local Denver police conducted multiple raids on marijuana growing operations around Colorado's capital city Tuesday morning.

The Denver Police Department declined to speak about the details of Tuesday's raids, citing an ongoing investigation, but tweeted this statement:

The Denver Post reported that the operation involved the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Denver Police Department and the Colorado Attorney General's Office.

"It's a very large and successful investigation," James Gothe, DEA group supervisor in Denver, told The Denver Post. "We're assisting."

Tak Landrock of Denver's Fox31 reported that cars, cash and marijuana plants were seized at six locations in Denver.

Calls to the DEA and the Colorado Attorney General's Office were not immediately returned.

It remains unclear why the police action was conducted and whether the marijuana grow operations targeted were illegal sites or state-licensed businesses.

“Federal, state, and local law enforcement officials have only engaged in this type of activity when they suspect state laws are being violated," Mason Tvert, communications director for the Marijuana Policy Project, told The Huffington Post. "No details have been released, so it’s too early to say whether that is the case and whether any state laws have been broken. If they were, the individuals involved will face the consequences. If they weren’t, law enforcement will have some explaining to do."

In 2013, following the legalization of marijuana under Colorado and Washington state laws, the U.S. Department of Justice laid out its priorities in enforcing federal laws against the marijuana trade:

Preventing the distribution of marijuana to minors;
Preventing revenue from the sale of marijuana from going to criminal enterprises, gangs and cartels;
Preventing the diversion of marijuana from states where it is legal under state law in some form to other states;
Preventing state-authorized marijuana activity from being used as a cover or pretext for the trafficking of other illegal drugs or other illegal activity;
Preventing violence and the use of firearms in the cultivation and distribution of marijuana;
Preventing drugged driving and the exacerbation of other adverse public health consequences associated with marijuana use;
Preventing the growing of marijuana on public lands and the attendant public safety and environmental dangers posed by marijuana production on public lands; and
Preventing marijuana possession or use on federal property.

UPDATE: 5:23 p.m. -- A DEA agent familiar with Tuesday's raids in Denver, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak about the investigation, told The Huffington Post that the alleged misdeeds of the targeted grow operations fell within the Justice Department's 2013 enforcement priorities as well as constituting violations of state marijuana law."

Last edited:

RonSmooth

Veteran
Not sure what the hmmmm is for. I assume your suspicion lies on LEO/DEA.

When the industry gets profitable enough to attract the oligarchy, you're going to wax nostalgic for the good ol days when it was "us against them"

I would be looking at who didn't get raided.

Toss LEO a bone once in a while, let them pose for the 6:00 news, make some strategic donations, play a little golf with so-and-so and before you know it, "Buds R Us" is the only game in town.

Whatever LEO doesnt take care of, the lawyers will.

Then either price the rest out of business or "acquire" them.

If everything goes well, you can farm out trimming overseas. Pay pennies on the dollar for child labor, skirt US tax laws, pay yourself a disgusting amount of money and viola!

Oh and don't forget to campaign against minimum wage increases, labor unions and employer provided healthcare.

I have a huge chip on my shoulder. Sorry.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran

When the industry gets profitable enough to attract the oligarchy, you're going to wax nostalgic for the good ol days when it was "us against them"

Toss LEO a bone once in a while, let them pose for the 6:00 news, make some strategic donations, play a little golf with so-and-so and before you know it, "Buds R Us" is the only game in town.

If everything goes well, you can farm out trimming overseas. Pay pennies on the dollar for child labor, skirt US tax laws, pay yourself a disgusting amount of money and viola!

Oh and don't forget to campaign against minimum wage increases, labor unions and employer provided healthcare.

Quite a thought-provoking post. Cheers.

Cannabliss88

That wouldn't happen in america. It's so free here and everyone's so nice.

Yep everyones sooo nice especially those New York City People.

As far as the raids go I'm more scared of what would happen if we elected some self ritious hypocrite like Gov. Christie into office as president.:puke:
Fuck Jersey

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran

My premise...elections next week...had to rile the common citizen, even though "Colorado, it's legal". Still not under federal law. Wasn't surprised hearing the news....hmmmm.

J

johndoe123

Hahaha sounds like corporate Americas American Dream right there

RonSmooth

Veteran
Pot busts don't generate the same excitement they once did. Esp when you are raiding private citizens in a state where the citizens voted in favor of legalization. Seems like a poor political move although I am not sure of CO's local politics.

If you want to be big shot and make some coin you are going to make some enemies along the way. Jealous rivals, LEO, IRS, big box dispensaries, neighbors, ex-girlfriends....

What do you need to grow in CO? Isn't it legal?

JointOperation

this is more of shutting down the people down who are sending the buds to the black market.. instead..

atleast.. thats what i think.. prolly just shutting down the people not paying there taxes..

sucks.. but what can we do . besides stand up and say no more..

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Denver Post, wed Oct. 29, p. 4a, "Hefty pot roundup". Supposedly this grow was linked to Minnesota which only has a very restrictive medical policy and not a recreational law. The raided buildings are in an industrial area popular with licensed grows. Denver LEO is not saying if the grow operation was licensed. Supposedly the grow might have been by caregivers which operate with less scrutiny. The strange thing is the raid was right next door to a licensed grow so they watched while working.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
funny how the DEA always seems to get involved when people start shipping a shit load of bud or money across state lines

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
sounds like some folks got greedy is my guess.....if you grow the dope ceasar wants his cut..if you don't pay you don't play...in the land of the free nothing is free..you gots to pay the man...

harry74

Veteran
May be they new that people some time ago; I guess with the new scenario in Co everyone is being "upgrading" their grows.

Perfect moment to fuck a bit the people you don´t like. The cops gather info, they don´t decide when that info is used and who you fuck and who you don´t touch.

The DEA are the biggest promoters of drug trafficking. The war agains drugs is a bastard child of the war against communism and a sistem of social control, one of many.

JointOperation

im also guessing.. they are trying to take the money that they know.. is gang related..

probably gang money used to setup operations and ship it out of state to hide behind the legality.. but failed attempt obviosly.

its an easy way to ROB the CARTELS AND GANGS.. let them setup.. and go in after they are making bank.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haven't heard anymore regarding the raids. Guessing too big an operation, legal or not, and maybe those envious of product...leaking the news to Feds.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm more interested if any private growers were raided.

For one reason only...

Did Coloradans vote themselves the Right (in truth) or just some apparent loop hole to skirt fed regs?

If it actually is the RIGHT if Coloradans to grow these plants, then one thing must be clearly understood.
MARBURY v MADISON said:
Any law repugnant to the Constitution is void.

I don't recall the case(s) at this time but it has also been said by the US Supreme Court:
Rights cannot be regulated.
Rights cannot be converted to privileges.

I guess testing these laws is the next step in showing how much of a police state we actually do live in.