What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Mr. Nice Haze

Hello fellow ICMAG members,

I'm curious about a strain that I used to enjoy back in 2008. It was from an Amsterdam coffeeshop called Baba. It was called Mr. Nice Haze, and I'm wondering if anyone has any information about whether it was actually a strain by Mr. Nice Seeds. I also had the exact same one back home in 2004 but then I had no idea what it was, besides it being a Sativa/Haze. I'm not that good at describing smell/taste, but if I had to I'd say that it was more on the earthy/spicy side with the Haze aroma lingering in the background. Effect was quite upwards with only a bit of relaxing side notes.

Any insights or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Possibly from sensi- they did a mr.nice (g13xhashplant) x haze that I seem to remember from the coffeeshops in the mid 2000s
Thank you sir! I searched all over the web and even asked the chief (Shantibaba) about this - he didn't confirm or deny. So far you answer seems to be the most likely. Strange though that there isn't even any reference on seedfinder.

mr.brunch

Veteran
This is the mr.nice (g13xhashplant) but I definitely remember a cross with haze in a few coffeeshops… coffeeshop anyday had it
IMG_4130.jpeg

Coffeeshop Anyday... great memories. I never been so messed up as I was after a group session on their Verdamper. Once I arrived there a bit light headed, the Indian budtender said "welcome" and I answered "welcome"... his expression changed a bit and he asked to see my ID lol.
That Mr. Nice from Sensi seems spot on when it comes to taste/aroma. If there indeed was a Haze version of it, that could be the one.

@Raco hmm... that also comes kinda close, according to the descriptions. Now I'm confused :unsure::alien:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hello fellow ICMAG members,

I'm curious about a strain that I used to enjoy back in 2008. It was from an Amsterdam coffeeshop called Baba. It was called Mr. Nice Haze, and I'm wondering if anyone has any information about whether it was actually a strain by Mr. Nice Seeds. I also had the exact same one back home in 2004 but then I had no idea what it was, besides it being a Sativa/Haze. I'm not that good at describing smell/taste, but if I had to I'd say that it was more on the earthy/spicy side with the Haze aroma lingering in the background. Effect was quite upwards with only a bit of relaxing side notes.

Any insights or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.
It was maybe a local grower's cross, many small scale growers are selling their buds to Dutch coffeeshop, at least it was this way for a while, there is some massive legal grows now in Holland so you can find the same buds in different places. But for a long time the coffeeshop would buy any buds they could get from different sources. That's how you could find a specific bud in a specific place, because the coffeeshop would buy the 'exclusivity' to distribute the grower's flowers. Maybe the buds you enjoyed were small scale production and sold only in this shop so it might not be known by many people.

It was maybe a local grower's cross, many small scale growers are selling their buds to Dutch coffeeshop, at least it was this way for a while, there is some massive legal grows now in Holland so you can find the same buds in different places. But for a long time the coffeeshop would buy any buds they could get from different sources. That's how you could find a specific bud in a specific place, because the coffeeshop would buy the 'exclusivity' to distribute the grower's flowers. Maybe the buds you enjoyed were small scale production and sold only in this shop so it might not be known by many people.
Yeah you are totally right when it comes to the random suppliers of coffeeshops. I think it was strange though that I ended up with this stuff at home as well (without name/label). Part of the reason I recognized it in the choffeeshop was that I had couple of houndred grams of this in early/mid 2004. I smoked that one day and night for quite some time and the effect never became boring.

Something similiar happend with unlabeled Afghan Skunk although on a much smaller scale (had only couple of g's). The taste was so unique that I remembered it over 10 years later. I met a person who had this in Amsterdam, asked where he got it and what the name was. Turned out coffeeshop Katsu had it. Afghan Skunk was a bit boring effect wise though, so I only bought it once or twice.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Coffeeshop Anyday... great memories. I never been so messed up as I was after a group session on their Verdamper. Once I arrived there a bit light headed, the Indian budtender said "welcome" and I answered "welcome"... his expression changed a bit and he asked to see my ID lol.
That Mr. Nice from Sensi seems spot on when it comes to taste/aroma. If there indeed was a Haze version of it, that could be the one.

@Raco hmm... that also comes kinda close, according to the descriptions. Now I'm confused :unsure::alien:
We were hitting the vape hard in there, and one of my friends kept falling asleep … poor guy had driven overnight to get us there .. the budtender kept coming and waking him 😂