What's new

Mother plant questions

Good afternoon dear all, hope everyone is well and safe.

Can someone please answer me... When picking an cultivar preferably an ibl, to make a stock/mother plant, should the cultivar be regular or feminised? Are they both viable? Or... from my research it seems most people point out their preference towards the regular beans for success in rooting new clones...

Just started to see triploids as well, are they also good for that goal or not really? Any info would be much appreciated.

I'm looking for some cultivar that gives an body high "indica", to ease with pain/stress/insomnia... Taste and looks and THC/CBD are not important but would prefer something quick flowering (I've heard people saying some cultivars can finish in less than 5 weeks ☁️☁️🧠☁️☁️), and medium to compact size.

I was looking for something like Afghani from sensi or deep chunck X18 or Friesland (M33) or Northern Lights from authentic genetics or M-39 fem/ Quebec Gold Express from QCS or any hashplant like Ace seeds or Humboldt seeds/Trilogeneseeds... but… I guess I still need to do more reaserch.

Thank you all for your time and support
Kind regards ☮️❤️

kro-magnon

Veteran
You can use any female you want as mother plant coming from fem or reg seeds don't influence how she'll act as clones factory. There is many strong indica to choose but none will be able to flower under 5/6 weeks, the classic flowering time is around 55/60 days for most of the modern cross.Some can be faster but they are exceptional.
You could try LA Confidential from DNA, Biker Kush from Karma or Heavenly Hashplant from Bodhi seeds, those seeds will give you some solid indicas who will help with pain management and sleep.

Thank you very much dear friend kro-magnon 👍

I'll have to try it myself and see if I can keep one plant healthy and alive lol 😅 able to be cloned...

If you guys had to pick one of this cultivars witch one should one pick when looking for to get true breeding genotypes. So for thar purpose what would you guys would pick from these plants: - Desert Skunk *Khalifa genetics;
- Biscotti Pippen * trilogene seeds,
- Something Afghani/hashplant ... like the deep chunk, X18 *real seed company... still did not found a fem version though... Or LA Confidential * DNA genetics ....

Thank you very much in advance ☮️❤️ ✌️ peace

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🍆 Special 🍆
maple leaf indica, g13xhashplant (sensi s.)
white k.c. (kc brains)
la confi is good too
matanuska tundra, bluethunder (sagarmatha)
liberty haze (barney's farm)
i would pick some of these

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
You just have to try growing,it's not so hard to keep a few plants happy, don't over think it and stay as simple as possible. There is this forum if you need help as well.
About your different choices, I've grown 1 Aladin Skunk from Khalifa, I was not really impressed by the girl I've grown, she was low yielder, her smell and taste were very sweet and floral and the high was classic hybrid. Keep in mind I had only 1 female, maybe some are better than that. Her plus was the speed of flowering, she was done in 55 days.
I don't know the 2nd seedbank or cross and for a good Hashplant LA Confidential is a good option specially if you want fem seeds. If you're OK with reg seeds Bodhi seeds has some very good crosses made with the male 88HashplantG13(MrNice from old Sensi Seeds catalogue) like Heavenly Hashplant and many other with powerful mothers.