What's new

Morel mushroom slurry

Curiosity got the best of me...

I pureed up a few yellow morel mushrooms, one with some dirt and mycelium attached, into filtered water.
Then raked up the reminense of cover crop, mulch layer, decaying leaves and loose top dress. Made a little pile on the edge of the pot, like a mini mulch pile. Then poured the puree into the pile. I noticed mold or mycelium the next day, let it inoculate the pile another 2 days. Then spread across the pot to cover. Still need to add a mulch layer. I'm not expecting flushes of morels but I can dream.

Attachments

• mycelium2.jpg
    mycelium2.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • mycelium.jpg
    mycelium.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 17

gedLang

I'm impressed that you have so many morels you can use them in experiments like this! I think they are a tricky one to cultivate, though. They seem to like specific conditions in the wild.

I'm impressed that you have so many morels you can use them in experiments like this! I think they are a tricky one to cultivate, though. They seem to like specific conditions in the wild.
It was only a few with damage. Trust me, I struggled to do this to them. They do seem difficult to cultivate. However the vigorous mycelium growth afterwards couldn't be bad. If anything it will just add to the biodiversity in the container.

Latest posts

Latest posts