What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Modern Warfare 2

Insomniac

Dogboy: I love the throwing knives. That's all I've been working on the last 3 days. Even to the point where I wish they allowed you to upgrade them.. Carry two, gold plated, etc.

I'm in the same situation as you in MP. Just trying to have some fun now.

D

DogBoy

There are hundreds of little tricks and glitches etc like that. As for the glitches being fixed, they cant fix all of them. With Javelindom gone another glitch will take it's place.

Infinite experience glitch, boosting glitches, infinite carepacks, getting out of maps, one man army infinite ammo and equipment, sniper rifle pistols, elevators etc. They are all still doable. Until the game returns to being sort of balanced like it was in COD4 i wont be playing for real.

"you know all you need is the hard drive right? "

Yeah, but i dont like to take my box apart or bits off it. I know how fragile these beasts are so i never allow anyone to touch my box ( fnar fnar ), last thing i need is to fit drives to it and then find it wont read mine or has a loose connection etc. If they want help they can bring over their boxes! Mine is sacred.

As for flashpoint, i'm finding some of these bugs myself. I had one last night where my teammate mounted a .50 and so i ran over to join him so i could support his right flank. Half way there he simply exploded in front of me in a shower of blood and guts. Managed to get to 3/11 in the campaign but it was hard going. Had to restart so many times due to weird things, it was quite bizarre. Even had men who were bulletproof, i ran at one guy when assaulting the airfield comms tower and he was just stood there doing nothing. I shot him in the face and he just turned and faced me. Emptied the clip and he still just looked at me. C4 launching him across the map was the only way he would die. He wasn't even armed!

I'm looking forward to xmas though, a whole plethora of newbs will be going online just waiting to be introduced to all the nice little treats we have waiting for them. IW must be creaming itself with such a windfall just around the corner!

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
There are hundreds of little tricks and glitches etc like that. As for the glitches being fixed, they cant fix all of them. With Javelindom gone another glitch will take it's place.

Infinite experience glitch, boosting glitches, infinite carepacks, getting out of maps, one man army infinite ammo and equipment, sniper rifle pistols, elevators etc. They are all still doable. Until the game returns to being sort of balanced like it was in COD4 i wont be playing for real.

"you know all you need is the hard drive right? "

Yeah, but i dont like to take my box apart or bits off it. I know how fragile these beasts are so i never allow anyone to touch my box ( fnar fnar ), last thing i need is to fit drives to it and then find it wont read mine or has a loose connection etc. If they want help they can bring over their boxes! Mine is sacred.

As for flashpoint, i'm finding some of these bugs myself. I had one last night where my teammate mounted a .50 and so i ran over to join him so i could support his right flank. Half way there he simply exploded in front of me in a shower of blood and guts. Managed to get to 3/11 in the campaign but it was hard going. Had to restart so many times due to weird things, it was quite bizarre. Even had men who were bulletproof, i ran at one guy when assaulting the airfield comms tower and he was just stood there doing nothing. I shot him in the face and he just turned and faced me. Emptied the clip and he still just looked at me. C4 launching him across the map was the only way he would die. He wasn't even armed!

I'm looking forward to xmas though, a whole plethora of newbs will be going online just waiting to be introduced to all the nice little treats we have waiting for them. IW must be creaming itself with such a windfall just around the corner!

their alot sturdier than you think, I have completely disassembled entire xboxs on many occasions. (i mod them, ans fix RROD)

D

DogBoy

I recently changed the control board for a drive we had to replace ( would no longer read discs ) and while sturdy i dont trust microsofts soldering. The kit may be cool but the build quality is not. That said i've never had to solder off the control board of an old drive and attach it to a new one to replace a dvd drive! Couldn't believe how awkward they make it to replace broken parts until i found out about the standard £80 repair fee they charge for any repair!

After i found this out i made a point of finding out how to get round their dodgy box security. Replacing a dodgy DVD drive should be a 10 minute job and cost £30 tops. Not sent off for up to a month and costing nearly triple the price of the parts!

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
I recently changed the control board for a drive we had to replace ( would no longer read discs ) and while sturdy i dont trust microsofts soldering. The kit may be cool but the build quality is not. That said i've never had to solder off the control board of an old drive and attach it to a new one to replace a dvd drive! Couldn't believe how awkward they make it to replace broken parts until i found out about the standard £80 repair fee they charge for any repair!

After i found this out i made a point of finding out how to get round their dodgy box security. Replacing a dodgy DVD drive should be a 10 minute job and cost £30 tops. Not sent off for up to a month and costing nearly triple the price of the parts!

That is something we agree on.

I had to increase power to my laser in order to get it to play disk again, now it has increased load times and plays dirty/damaged disk. Though it will decrease its life, it was worth it. Besides, if necessary I can get a new one free of charge.

D

DogBoy

lol, did you make the mistake of phoning them up to ask for help? I did. It was hilariously frustrating, some indian sounding woman kept repeating ad nauseum that if i open the box she would ban me and my box from going on live and would not answer any questions i had. Just kept repeating the mantra and asking for my tag. I declined to give her my tag and politely informed her that her unhelpfulness had now increase the body of people determined to circumvent the security by one. I've since spent ages learning how to fix boxes and will never allow a friend to give them money for a fix. Id rather sit there and repair them myself.

I did the silver heatsink paste and the coin trick on a box the other day and it really has worked and saved the person the £80 repair/ cost of a new box so i'm happy i've already made my time and effort back from microsoft.

Now if only the dvd drives weren't so bloody awkward! My personal one started clonking a week ago and i'm dreading it failing over xmas when the shops are closed.

TheGreenBastard

Veteran
I will never contact Tech Support as long as I live, google is all the support I will ever need.

I'm gonna guess that you fixed an E83/84 error with the coin/thermal compound?
I just did one a few weeks ago, Arctic Silver 5 is an invaluable tool, that, and a torque screwdriver.

BTW, the coin is only a temp fix, the problem is the soldering on the A/V port and on some the HDMI. Though it usually only happens to the older boxes that don't have the HDMI. If you have a steady hand and the right soldering iron it can be permanently fixed.

Now if only the dvd drives weren't so bloody awkward! My personal one started clonking a week ago and i'm dreading it failing over xmas when the shops are closed.

I have had problems with xboxs drives since the original, ever single xbox I have owned (3 originals, my elite, and several friends) ended up with a sticky drive and two that stopped reading disk.

Their is one good thing that comes from broken 360's, and that is AWESOME deals on bricked boxes (useful for parts and keys) at pawn shops and ebay.

damn so me and johny set up a private match and stomped out tons of tactical insertions and no weed leaf.

does private matches invalidate acheivements?

To unlock the mj leaf emblem, you have to kill someone with a 9 kill streak. Thus denying them a 10 kill streak you will unlock the denier challenge and the pot leaf emblem.

D

DogBoy

I will never contact Tech Support as long as I live, google is all the support I will ever need.

I'm gonna guess that you fixed an E83/84 error with the coin/thermal compound?
I just did one a few weeks ago, Arctic Silver 5 is an invaluable tool, that, and a torque screwdriver.

BTW, the coin is only a temp fix, the problem is the soldering on the A/V port and on some the HDMI. Though it usually only happens to the older boxes that don't have the HDMI. If you have a steady hand and the right soldering iron it can be permanently fixed.

I have had problems with xboxs drives since the original, ever single xbox I have owned (3 originals, my elite, and several friends) ended up with a sticky drive and two that stopped reading disk.

Their is one good thing that comes from broken 360's, and that is AWESOME deals on bricked boxes (useful for parts and keys) at pawn shops and ebay.

I'm sure that was the code but i didn't pay attention to the code itself, i learned to ignore the codes after the CD issue. You seem to know your shit on these things so i'll guess they pissed you off long before they did me! lol Thanks for the tips though, i wasn't aware to check the ports for soldering to fix it properly. I might leave the coins on and fix the port aswell to see if it builds in some redundancy.

Do you think the sticky drive issue is deliberate to get the £80 rolling in or am i being paranoid? There are far better drives that could be bought and i'm unsure why the games like to constantly access the disks in many cases?

im getting it in on mw2 .... i suck but my thowing knife is deadly. i stay with the playstation

when i have the mic on i talk maaaaaaaaaaad shitttt haha

CrumblinHerb

the hackers are mostly on xbox playing? not PS3 right?

I play mulitplayer on PS3 alot. Not sure about the Prestige deal, kinda worthless for a stupid badge. Love killing a 3rd or 4th prestige. Matter of fact I'm bout to hit it up now.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the other day i got randomly killed by some throwing knife that deflected off the ground....this game is fucking frustrating sometimes.

like the time i got a 28 kill streak but didnt have my tactical nuke in place.....

or yesterday i stuck dude with a semtex, then he rushed forward and shanked me, and i ended up being the last death of the match so he got death cam on me while he survived cus my semtex didnt explode quick enough.

FUCK...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
the hackers are mostly on xbox playing? not PS3 right?

I play mulitplayer on PS3 alot. Not sure about the Prestige deal, kinda worthless for a stupid badge. Love killing a 3rd or 4th prestige. Matter of fact I'm bout to hit it up now.

Prestige is worth it for the extra class slots....and new titles and emblems too...im rocking "High Command" thats a 2nd prestige only..

D

DogBoy

One of my favourite tricks used to be the claymore. If you lay one behind someone and they are not moving it will not go off. You can then circle round them. All you have to do then is show up in front of them and teabag. They will turn to face you and the act of turning triggers the claymore. As you placed the claymore more than 5 seconds ago it will not show you on the killcam but the claymore will be there with you in front of them teabagging. People always get annoyed that you didn't just kill them but made it personal. After that they will hunt you in which case you simply goad them around the map laying c4 and claymore traps. The most i've managed is 12 kills before they rage quit and flame me with hate mail.

For repeat campers you can do the claymore but leave a c4 in their spot so you can kill them from across the map when they return. Dont forget that double tapping reload sets off a c4 without changing weapon. You can also stick a c4 somewhere and shoot it if you want to really confuse them, they always mail me to ask how i got explosive pistol rounds!

I'd prefer it if hatemail was easier to get but i do enjoy inventive ways to goad people!

OGRaq

Finally broke the top 1000 players again, I think they are slowly getting rid of the stupid ass high score hackers. I've been in the top 1000-2000 since the game came out, then they hacked the board and I fell to 5-6,000 ish, now back to 1000 :)

Favorite gun: Doesn't matter. KNow your weapon and you'll get kills.

OGRaq

And as far as whiney babies complaining about campers - go fucking kill 'em, YOU KNOW WHERE THEY ARE!

I LOVE campers.

Actually - I hate ALL whiney bitches - They used a noob tube on you? Boo fucking hoo - you've got one too. Camping? shit those are FREE kills to me! Double shotgunners? Once I know they are out there they don't get another kill.

Learn to adapt, you guys complaining probably don't know how to change gears.

Norrath

so im looking to purchase it finally, is pc version online riddled with hackers or is it tame now?

otherwise ill have to get it for ps3 or xbox:/

id rather have it mouse and keyboard

any suggestions other than buy more than one copy?:dunno:

Latest posts

Latest posts