What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Mj. Has No Medical Use, Should Stay in Schedule I. - DEA Chief

He speaks on alcohol prohibition as if it is some failed attempt by his kind to control society, these damn characters keep showing up all throughout history, no reason for DEA to unschedule but we the people have a million reasons including legit research that needs to be done

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Its a shame a fella in his position cant read or study , or even make much sense .. Hurry up and retire and take your antiquated ideas with you ....

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
DEA Head sounds like a climate denier - stick to the talking points ,
protect pharma, leo unons, private prisons, alcohol/tobacco and finance at all costs
this clown wont last long in the current environment

St. Phatty

The DEA guy didn't admit that Cannabis was legal for 160 years of this nation's existence.

sort of like a flat-eath'er ... but the DEA asshole uses his ignorance to put people in jail ... to protect existing monopolies like American medicine, American big-pharma, and the jail system itself.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image
The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made headlines last month by admitting that marijuana is less harmful than heroin, but in a new interview he says that cannabis should not be reclassified under federal law even though “it certainly is not as dangerous as other Schedule I controlled substances.”

Chuck Rosenberg, acting DEA administrator, told Fox News that he doesn’t “frankly see a reason to remove” marijuana from Schedule I, a category that’s supposed to be reserved for drugs that have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical value.

Rosenberg says that while he supports doing research on cannabis’s medical benefits, he doesn’t think the evidence is there yet. “If we come up with a medical use for it, that would be wonderful. But we haven’t.”

And, despite reaffirming that marijuana is less dangerous than heroin, the DEA chief is adamantly opposed to legalization. “I’m not willing to say that it’s good for you, or that it ought to be legalized. I think it’s bad for you and that it ought to remain illegal.”

When Fox interviewer Jay Rosen pointed out that there is a “common-sense disparity, or irony, or disconnect” stemming from the fact that alcohol is legal but marijuana is not, Rosenberg seemed to acknowledge as much.

“Probably, yeah,” he said, before insinuating that alcohol prohibition was a failure. “We tangled with that as a society in the 1930s. And we know how that went.”

But Rosenberg didn’t seem to notice the inconsistency of his own views when he added, “I choose not to drink alcohol but I’m not going to impose that on anyone else.”

link: http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/...has-no-medical-use-should-stay-in-schedule-i/

I have an addictive personality, got it from my folks I 'spose. I suffered a cocaine addiction of 9 years back in the '80s, I tried to quit many times but the withdrawal was too strong, many many times I tried to quit. Finally I did it cold turkey on my own (1988), I just got tired of waking up feeling the way I did, looking for my next fix of crack, or freebasing it myself.

recently because of blood oxygen absorption issues I quit toking & vaping, my first day had me slightly anxious and after that it was a walk in the park, sometimes I desire a bowl after supper but I haven't caved in at all. CANNABIS IS NOT ADDICTIVE at all.

That was over 2 months ago, no issues at all. I'm managing my pain with aspirin and Aleve right now but that's not cutting it.

I'm going to try edibles because I still need a pain killer and I'm allergic to the opiates my doctor is very willing to prescribe, they make me puke and so he also prescribed Compazine an anti nausea drug, so I'm supposed to take one drug in order to take another! Bullshit! and I told my doctor so, he wasn't pleased.

3 months ago an RN taking patients while my doctor was on vacation offered to put me on methadone for fucks sake, what is wrong with these people???

fucking pill pushers.......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Stoner4Life- quote-"fucking pill pushers..." they gotta pay for those mansions, cars, and med school someway...:biggrin: you are dead-on, Stoner...

Cannonball84

WTF Chuck R. DEA run by stupid

WTF Chuck R. DEA run by stupid

I am so happy to hear someone bring this up in conversation.

The fact that in that interview he stated that Alcohol is the law of the land? Any form of alchy is heavily processed and is by no means the law of the land. Marijuana grows on gods green earth naturally but alchy is more then law of the land then a plant that has been used for medicinal purposes for hundreds if not thousands of years?!

Or perhaps he has forgotten about the 10+ FDA regulated pharma pills that have different compounds of THC and B-sitosterol?

Incompetence breeds incompetence.

And this guy is the head of the DEA? Way to go 'Merica.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The entire argument is void.

America was founded on the principle of "Freedom of Choice" period...

Not the freedom to choose from what some other asshole says is ok or not.

This Freedom of Choice has been warped by capitalist pigs giving cheap blinders to the American public to consume at will. And the American public willingly consumes & wears these blinders, to their detriment, not seeing the world for what it is.

I told a couple friends the other day...
"If a person is disinterested in nature, they are surely zombies. Created by the system to serve the system."

Closed minded people that think Medical MJ is the only MJ needed are zombies. Same for CBD only folks...

Individual Freedom of Choice is the bottom line!

Politicians are more useless than tits on a chicken!