What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Mj. Has No Medical Use, Should Stay in Schedule I. - DEA Chief

amanda88

chuck-rosenberg-dea-620x336.jpg

The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) made headlines last month by admitting that marijuana is less harmful than heroin, but in a new interview he says that cannabis should not be reclassified under federal law even though “it certainly is not as dangerous as other Schedule I controlled substances.”

Chuck Rosenberg, acting DEA administrator, told Fox News that he doesn’t “frankly see a reason to remove” marijuana from Schedule I, a category that’s supposed to be reserved for drugs that have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical value.

Rosenberg says that while he supports doing research on cannabis’s medical benefits, he doesn’t think the evidence is there yet. “If we come up with a medical use for it, that would be wonderful. But we haven’t.”

And, despite reaffirming that marijuana is less dangerous than heroin, the DEA chief is adamantly opposed to legalization. “I’m not willing to say that it’s good for you, or that it ought to be legalized. I think it’s bad for you and that it ought to remain illegal.”

When Fox interviewer Jay Rosen pointed out that there is a “common-sense disparity, or irony, or disconnect” stemming from the fact that alcohol is legal but marijuana is not, Rosenberg seemed to acknowledge as much.

“Probably, yeah,” he said, before insinuating that alcohol prohibition was a failure. “We tangled with that as a society in the 1930s. And we know how that went.”

But Rosenberg didn’t seem to notice the inconsistency of his own views when he added, “I choose not to drink alcohol but I’m not going to impose that on anyone else.”

link: http://www.marijuana.com/blog/news/...has-no-medical-use-should-stay-in-schedule-i/

420Stylez

what about the gentleman that was grandfathered in with other people under Bush SR. 300 joints a month delivered to his home from the university of MS pot farm?

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
what about the gentleman that was grandfathered in with other people under Bush SR. 300 joints a month delivered to his home from the university of MS pot farm?

Or the numerous patents the US government holds on the molecules we love so much - explicitly for medical use no less.

igrowone

Veteran
what about the kids with epilepsy? seems that is being overlooked
but what isn't being overlooked by this fucktard?
doesn't use alcohol, no weed, nothing at all? a real agent blockhead
love to have a hair follicle test on him, what might that show

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
if they would pull their heads out of their asses they would soon see marijuana has a bunch of medical uses...fuck the dea..they should be disbanded...fuckwads....yeehaw

Sforza

Veteran
Less dangerous than Heroin? Hell, it is much less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco.

The hypocrisy is sickening!

Sforza

Veteran
what about the kids with epilepsy? seems that is being overlooked
but what isn't being overlooked by this fucktard?
doesn't use alcohol, no weed, nothing at all? a real agent blockhead
love to have a hair follicle test on him, what might that show

I saw the interview. The only thing fuctard overindulges in is Diet Dr. Pepper. Diet Dr. Pepper is probably worse for your health than ganja, but while I choose not to drink Diet Dr. Pepper, I won't try to force fuctard to give up his vice.

Green Squall

I think there are still a few people left getting these canisters each month. I've always wondered what the genetics are.

I wonder if these DEA clowns actually believe there own lies?

Attachments

• Federal-Medical-Marijuana-Can-1.jpeg
    Federal-Medical-Marijuana-Can-1.jpeg
    25.4 KB · Views: 19

geneva_sativa

Veteran
it would be one thing if this was a case of a well meaning, but misguided soul in an influential and powerful position. . .

but, since Nixon's administration they have known that it has powerful medicinal benefits (including anti-cancer properties) and not any significant dangerous side effects, but that report was swept under the carpet because it did not fit with Nixon's devil weed narrative.

for them to even pretend to be oblivious to the proven medicinal benefits and case after case of healing testimonials is pretty damn criminal.

420Stylez

I think there are still a few people left getting these canisters each month. I've always wondered what the genetics are.

I wonder if these DEA clowns actually believe there own lies?

the genetics are SHIT! I watched a docu on it and they grow inferior weed like brick. then they grind it down so it can be rolled into the prepackaged canisters.. even with all the good strains and research avail they use low lighting and grow out males with the females to insure a inferior quality product.... its a crying shame in every aspect..

N

noyd666

hanging on to there jobs with every lie stalling tactic they can come up with, I think even grandma can see through these lying bastards teeth.

DJXX

Veteran
bet he can't even spell "STUPID"...wait til someone in his family has seizures...idiot...DJXX

Catatafish

Veteran
hehe.... the label says "Triangle Institute".

Would kill....no, would die for a canister of Tk joints each month delivered to my door