What's new

Missing red on me leds ?

goingrey

The spectrum of the sun more closely resembles hps light than led is the point.
HPS does have more far red than most LED fixtures, if that is what you mean? So from the POV of this thread I guess. But overall, no. If everything looking all orange (unlike in the sun) does not convince you maybe these charts will.

HPS
1690211543946.png

LM301H 3000K

1690211890445.png

The curve above the rainbow is some kind of daylight (sun) approximation.

Hiddenjems

HPS does have more far red than most LED fixtures, if that is what you mean? So from the POV of this thread I guess. But overall, no. If everything looking all orange (unlike in the sun) does not convince you maybe these charts will.

HPS
View attachment 18869414

LM301H 3000K

View attachment 18869416

The curve above the rainbow is some kind of daylight (sun) approximation.
I already posted the full spectrum of the sun with visible frequencies colored in.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A mixed light setup will be better than any single source. It's why I use both LED/CMH together. Using a HPS MH Dual Arc Bulb is a better choice than just HPS alone. LEDs have a superior light spectrum than HPS from what ive read. I asked Open AI this is the answer..

LED lights are full-spectrum whereas HPS lights produce more long-wavelength red/orange light with little short-wavelength blue light.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not gonna happen ..

Gamma rays are high-energy electromagnetic radiation that is typically produced by nuclear reactions or radioactive decay. In addition to this, NASA’s Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope captured images of the Moon’s gamma rays. In this part of the electromagnetic spectrum, the Moon is actually brighter than the Sun. The Moon is an indirect source of gamma radiation and produces gamma rays through its interaction with cosmic rays. Cosmic rays are a type of high-energy radiation that for the most part is produced outside our Solar System.

Ca++

While the far red is certainly different between the HPS and LEDs, It's not where my eye falls. I see a much greater difference in the blue. Since the thread started, I have seen blue get a lot of bad press, that pretty much makes it bad for them. Causing them to stop short in all respects.

I'm waiting for research regarding the narrow blue band causing photosynthesis that's not well regulated. The blue bands required, being left out of the narrow peaks we see from LED. Which is the light used in the blue light research to date.
I might be waiting a few years, as there is just so much other stuff to look at. For now, blue looks good at the 5% HPS gives. With over 30% being very bad indeed.
You were floating somewhere between them, and very bad, is as much as 50% lost.

Bio boy

Not gonna happen ..

Gamma rays are high-energy electromagnetic radiation that is typically produced by nuclear reactions or radioactive decay. In addition to this, NASA’s Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope captured images of the Moon’s gamma rays. In this part of the electromagnetic spectrum, the Moon is actually brighter than the Sun. The Moon is an indirect source of gamma radiation and produces gamma rays through its interaction with cosmic rays. Cosmic rays are a type of high-energy radiation that for the most part is produced outside our Solar System.
Haha I like how he targeted you ,
though is it just me or did the sun and led pic look almost identicle anyway ? They both start and end 4-700 and the extra red is why we’re on the far red thread eh

i use half and bxeb chips their spectrum is crazy , ye I feel the hps Jo’s has more red but the led wins still hands down, I am lead to believe the difference could well be down to temp and humidity over spectrum recently

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Show me the green, far red, ultraviolet, infrared, X-rays, and gamma rays it puts out. That’s full spectrum, like the sun.

I’m sure that one hand you’ll claim full spectrum, and on the other claim the missing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum aren’t important.
Hello, full spectrum is not equal to natural light. Full-spectrum LED grow lights are designed to provide a balanced and complete spectrum of light that closely mimics natural sunlight, which is essential for the healthy growth and development of plants. The spectrum characteristics of full spectrum LED grow lights typically include a mix of cool and warm white LEDs, as well as specific wavelengths of blue, red, green, and sometimes UV and far-red light. The balance of each color and wavelength can vary between different brands and models of LED grow lights. But they may have a similarity that they will have more ratio in blue and red light to emphasize their peaks.

Hiddenjems

Hello, full spectrum is not equal to natural light. Full-spectrum LED grow lights are designed to provide a balanced and complete spectrum of light that closely mimics natural sunlight, which is essential for the healthy growth and development of plants. The spectrum characteristics of full spectrum LED grow lights typically include a mix of cool and warm white LEDs, as well as specific wavelengths of blue, red, green, and sometimes UV and far-red light. The balance of each color and wavelength can vary between different brands and models of LED grow lights. But they may have a similarity that they will have more ratio in blue and red light to emphasize their peaks.
Show me the green led spectrum?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Compare that to a full spectrum source in amplitude.

Why make it so complicated? You are making something out of nothing. Your trying to compare 2 totally different things. If you don't like LED don't use it. Trying to force others to accept nonsense won't happen lol.. It's pretty simple

Hiddenjems

Why make it so complicated? You are making something out of nothing. Your trying to compare 2 totally different things. If you don't like LED don't use it. Trying to force others to accept nonsense won't happen lol.. It's pretty simple
I never once said I don’t like it, or not to use it. Like everything else marketed to cannabis growers, it’s misrepresented.

comfy markoth

Show me the green, far red, ultraviolet, infrared, X-rays, and gamma rays it puts out. That’s full spectrum, like the sun.

I’m sure that one hand you’ll claim full spectrum, and on the other claim the missing parts of the electromagnetic spectrum aren’t important.

YOU, are an idiot....

Did you not read his response?

Ca++

Also, the colors are reversed; reds are supposed to go around 600-700 and blues 400-450. Im surprised nobody noticed...
They are in the right place. However you have spoke of the wavelength, and the chart us using frequency. They also use Watts not Moles. It's a bit foreign to us, but is right. Sing the rainbow song. Red and yellow is the start. Not Blue and Violet. Or look at the colours a TV uses, it's RGB not BGR.

I found the graph interesting, as the portion of blue is low. Down here, winter see's lower blue than summer, as Red gets through better. This is why SAD lights put the blue back. However, looking at what's in space, then here, I don't get the impression from the graphs, that blue is lost faster. Though I know what I see with my own eyes. So something is missing from the puzzle as presented.

I find the 'full spectrum' label to be marketing. A quick 'full spectrum LED' image search, gives a page of purple lighting, with no whites at all. Though many are lights using a range of LEDs, non were using white. I think they are telling us what we want to hear. Perhaps in some way these lights do make a little bit of everything we can see, but then so does an incandescent.

I keep switching things about, and have not settled with a system, feed or lighting choice, since flowering with LED. So I'm not dialed in at all. However, mixing LED with HPS has been the best outcome. Enough that I might now of settled with my current system and mixed lighting, though I'm still between feeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts