What's new

midwest growers unite

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
just flipped....
MOD menage et trois, SBz columbian x deep purple(urkle x querkle), and my own creation rollercoaster.
germin up...
SOL donk, bogglegum f2s, Reefs potent purple, quad og, blackberry x williams wonder, and scbb x bluebubble.

bohagon said it best, "my party pack has all the colors of the rainbow."

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Both of my SD IBL turned out to be males :frown:

picture.php

album.php

picture.php

album.php

hopleaf

m.u.r.d.a baby. repping the great mid-west. smoke better weed out here than they got in cali. i have plenty of nor cal buddies that mail me out bud all the time from the dipensaries, and shit doesn't even compare to the shit i can buy from some joker dealer here in michigan. no one respects the midwest...hell we can even get some crazy outdoor shit going too. midwest has the best and most top-soil in the world, so it's really the best earth to grow from.

A

arrg

m.u.r.d.a baby. repping the great mid-west. smoke better weed out here than they got in cali. i have plenty of nor cal buddies that mail me out bud all the time from the dipensaries, and shit doesn't even compare to the shit i can buy from some joker dealer here in michigan. no one respects the midwest...hell we can even get some crazy outdoor shit going too. midwest has the best and most top-soil in the world, so it's really the best earth to grow from.

So true, I remember outdoor that all you need to hike out was amendments like a little perlite and maybe some slow release. I see those videos on the youtuber and watch those poor guys elsewhere javing to lug bales of promix miles then have to hammer into rock hard clay. I miss that, to fat now to bother.

hopleaf

So true, I remember outdoor that all you need to hike out was amendments like a little perlite and maybe some slow release. I see those videos on the youtuber and watch those poor guys elsewhere javing to lug bales of promix miles then have to hammer into rock hard clay. I miss that, to fat now to bother.

hell i've even had luck with just popping them on the edge of old corn feilds that are hidden in the forests around me. the soil is so dark and amazing. i barely ever have to add amendments to the soil, but i usually bring a hand full of bay guano and a bag of mushroom compost if i'm feeling ambitous.

A

arrg

I always just brought slow release stuff I got at the local greenhouse. That and some water holding crystals always did me right with just sometimes one more visit to add PK in late summer as long as it rained enough. If it was dry I would backpack some water. The land is so flat there was never anywhere to try to build a catch and drain.

I want to try a few of those swamp tubes after seeing them on this site. I know a few real good spots no one goes that are wet as hell all year. I found them at my old teenage job doing mosquito abatement for cook county. I mapped out so much area and good locations during that job. Deep forest places that only the mosquito guys go and if you know the direction they come from you know how to hide it better.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
damn, 0/5 on reef's potent purple. i hope these sbay leftovers arent too old, if there are that might mean my g13 x blueberry sativas of his wont pop either. at least Zoo's Black Willy was 5/5.

Ditchweed

Wow i just love this thread! so true about midwest top soil i got an outdoor grow spot right by some water literally the best soil iv ever seen better than anything you can buy

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
:bump: i dunno why we're on page 3..... just hit week 2, got maybe 6-7 males out of about 25 seedlings. next round is up and im thinkin of makin a new cross: Sweet Dick Willy, lol, it'd be a SOL donk bx using black willy as the male, then the donk x BW back to the same donk mom. the BW last time i ran it tasted heavy of blackberries, so it could have some potential.

Justa6655321

Veteran
Waz Up Midwesterners?

Cant beat the soil that's fo sure....for an outdoor grow...In the spring I'll take paper bags fill them up with soil, some long release ferts, and seeds....cut most of the top of the bag off and then just place them on the ground where i want them to grow. Gotta be wet out...spring around chicago is perfect....the rain activates the seeds and the paper bag is perfect for keep other plants from competing. I can put 30 or more lunchbag sized bags in a backpack.....very simple. 8 out of 10 work. Only problem i've had is if you dont cut low enough the tops can fold in..

Important....almost forgot... i add vermiculite into the mix to retain the moisture

skill-it

Just found this thread and let me say...fuck yeah!!! Mid-west bitches! City of Wind fools! I will be coming around, and will put up some pics soon of current, and past grows. Would like to network with cool peeps in my area so PM me if you are down and live in the Lake, Cook, McHenery, Kane, Willco what ever! Smoke in and Peace OUT!!!