What's new

Michigan is the first state to ever surpass California in legal cannabis sales.

TheMan13

Veteran
Michigan, with 25% of the population of California, is the first state to ever surpass California in legal cannabis sales 🤘
MIhappyleaf.png

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
my question is any of the weed good??? - i travel to calif 2 or 3 times a year, make stops at a couple of shops on each visit, n always find good weed.... but outstanding weed...nope... i can grow weed on a par with calif's , but i want better....

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its all the out of state people traveling there to get cheap medicine. Indiana has no legal market so all the people go to Michigan to purchase cannabis products. Illinois is higher prices because of taxation and regulatory hurdles. Michigan is also a state that produces a lot of fruit and vegetables because of the climate along Lake Michigan.

CaptainLucky

Michigan, with 25% of the population of California, is the first state to ever surpass California in legal cannabis sales 🤘
View attachment 19015685
That’s because everyone is the surrounding states are going there for their low prices. Illinois dispensaries have taxed themselves out of the market. Indiana and Wisconsin are still illegal states so it’s just logical that everyone goes to Michigan. CL🍀

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I wonder if the pot in MI is tainted and poisoned like what is going on in CA right now. I don't know that much about the legal market but from what I read, there are a handful of companies growing it all. Companies like CuraLeaf and Green Thumb. If they are using poison in one place, they are likely using it everywhere.

Just curious.

HarleyJammer

Veteran
On The Potcast, they always talk about how dispensary cannabis doesn't have the quality of medicine which is producible at a smaller scale. Most people don't know this and just buy it. Some testing requirements may be in place for consumer safety.

I would surmise that to be true; along with the taxes, license fees, etc bs etc.

12 plants on my patio and my overhead consists of soil/amendments/genetics -- the sun is free and I know my shiznit is organic and chemical/pesticide free.

:D

TheMan13

Veteran
I wonder if the pot in MI is tainted and poisoned like what is going on in CA right now. I don't know that much about the legal market but from what I read, there are a handful of companies growing it all. Companies like CuraLeaf and Green Thumb. If they are using poison in one place, they are likely using it everywhere.

Just curious.

The CRA here plans to have their own laboratory built in Lansing and operational by January next year. I believe we will see all the same shit shake out here that we are currently witnessing in California. That is if a coverup is not being worked out now with this lead time for the lawyers/politicians/bureaucrats. We are about a year behind in the lawfare game in general ...

IMG_0727.JPG

Last edited: