What's new

Mexico to Decriminalize Marijuana, Cocaine, Meth and Heroin!

seems like a good idea. in this country we still chase the petty criminals around while so many of the big crooks go free. i.e. our last administration. bush & co.

I would like to see what our government would say and do if Mexico did legalize. Even if it were just small quantities of MJ. First thing would be threats of reduced financial aid. If that didn't work they the Mexican government would be labeled corrupt. Probably lots of empty rhetoric. Do you think they might start interfering with interstate commerce between our nations? Inspecting every truck or rail car crossing the border,not hardly.
Mexico legalizing could force a larger debate here in our country. Just think of what would happen if both Mexico and Canada decriminalized even small amounts of MJ!

Respect bass

MedGuy510

I'd rather stay in california and get my drugs from the nice mexicans around here. no need to cruise to the ass stinking border towns for good times.

Baddog40

this isnt anything new mexico passed thiss law right before spring break in fact made it public a few months before spring break hoping the college kids would come to mexico even though they're having machine gun shoot outs and it wasnt only marijuana mexico legalized small amounts of everything such as heroin your allowed a tablespoon full and back in my heroin days a tablespoon full was a real nice habit they legalized ecstasy heroin cocaine and marijuana and i believe they made some pain killers easier to obtain but it wasnt anything to do with wanting to reform there drug laws look at the news everyday the fights between the cartels and the mexican army rage on and if drugs were "legal" then why are they having all n all out street fights with b ullets over these drugs i dunno just my take on it reeks of a sham by the mexican tourist industry to get its tourists back lmao i live in vegas and this town 100% is reliable on tourism and our tourism has taken a nose dive wonder why our govenor is gonna call for a free for all to attract tax dollars lmao

I lost ya after the 2nd sentence.

Meaty

Just think of what would happen if both Mexico and Canada decriminalized even small amounts of MJ!

I would like to see what would happen too. It would put us on the spot and maybe the government would realize that maybe its not the end of the world, and hell ya can make a lot of money off it if ya play your cards right.

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
You would still get your 5 grams taken away and sent to re-hab but just no charges against you. 2 grams is the tolerance now, but it still gets taken away and your sent off to rehab, they're just upping quantities you can have.Take this from someone that knows. Its weird how the article sais "mexico legalizes marijuana" which is clearly not the case.

Legalize would mean, I can grow a big cannabis plant in my front porch and smoke in el zocalo. Which clearly, this law is not for that.

Peace

Mr. Freeman

just a fellow cannabis smoker, vaper, cooker and r
ICMag Donor
Foreigners arent allowed to buy land in Mexico.

I've asked about this before, and they sort of can if they pay this special tax every year. But once you don't pay, the land is taken away.

Anything the US gov legalizes they want to be able to have control of one way or anouther. Obamas pushing real hard for a forced socialized medicine where we have to pay like vehicle insurance. Weather or not we need it. If you dont pay you are fined $1000. Any left over money is profit of the state. No refunds. Is this freedom?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
You may think you own the land in mexico but go ahead and find oil or try and do some multi-million dollar developement and see how quickly your perceived rights to said land disappear.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
yup yup, but lets be clear

what is established are personal consumption amounts, nothing is legalized nor decriminalized, if you get caught with amounts equal or less than those established, you get to go to re-hab, if over, you get sent in as usual.

robbiedublu

I've asked about this before, and they sort of can if they pay this special tax every year. But once you don't pay, the land is taken away.

There are different laws for "coastal" property, which includes all of baja, and non coastal property. Regarding property in baja, you can lease it for 99yrs, guaranteed renewable for an additional 99 yrs, or you can form a mexican corporation and then own shares of the corporation (in perpetuity, which is how we do it ) It is way more complex (for gringos) than in the US and any gringo considering buying property there better get a competent mexican attorney.

robbiedublu

You may think you own the land in mexico but go ahead and find oil or try and do some multi-million dollar developement and see how quickly your perceived rights to said land disappear.

Pretty much just like in the US. Title to mineral rights, oil rights, water rights, etc, etc all can be owned and transferred seperately from the land itself.
Anyone with the resources to do a multimillion dollar development would probably also have the resources to get the legal details worked out with an attorney.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Anyone with the resources for a multi-million dollar project wouldnt be doing it in mexico in the first place.

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
Canada tried this when the liberals were in power, didn't take long for the states to start up with threats if the law went through. The liberals backed up in a corner decided not to press forward.... then lil bush (Harper) get's in and any thoughts of things ever getting better have died.... f'n sad... way to go Mexico!!! The rest of North America could learn a few things.

robbiedublu

Anyone with the resources for a multi-million dollar project wouldnt be doing it in mexico in the first place.
Are you serious?? If I had the money for a multi-million dollar house/compound i'd build it in Mexico and move there in a heartbeat. Money talks in Mexico way more than in the US. Take a boat trip sometime along the baja coast from LaPaz down to Cabo and count how many multi-million dollar homes/compounds/ boutique hotels you see.

Latest posts

Latest posts