What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

METAL!!!!

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Just got back from Riot Fest in Chicago. 3 days, 50,000+ people each day. Fucking shit ton of metal, punk, and ska. Plus some others I dug, like Beck. Spent a shit ton of money and my body is screaming at me still. But it was definitely worth it!

xtsho

Just got back from Riot Fest in Chicago. 3 days, 50,000+ people each day. Fucking shit ton of metal, punk, and ska. Plus some others I dug, like Beck. Spent a shit ton of money and my body is screaming at me still. But it was definitely worth it!

Cool

I checked out the lineup. I only know a few of the bands. I saw Suicidal Tendencies decades ago when they were getting shut down early because people were getting too out of hand. Saw them in Portland back around 1990 but I'm sure the members today are all different from when I saw them right after they released "You Can't Bring Me Down."

They only played a few songs before they shut it down as the crowd got out of hand. Crazy days back then with the mosh pits.

Know a few songs from the Offspring.

Live music is great

How much were beers?

RoostaPhish

Veteran
@xtsho Beers were like $15. Which is a lot. But if you go out to the bar in Chicago, they aren't that much cheaper. I mean Slayer, Rob zombie, lamb of God, mastodon, gwar, cypress hill, the offspring, and sublime are some well known groups. And there were a ton of well known punk like the exploited, descendants, dead milk men, and nofx. And if you are into it, fall out boy, and sum 41. There were a shit ton of lesser known but hardcore bands like necrogoblicon and tsunami which people went hard during.

xtsho

@xtsho Beers were like $15. Which is a lot. But if you go out to the bar in Chicago, they aren't that much cheaper. I mean Slayer, Rob zombie, lamb of God, mastodon, gwar, cypress hill, the offspring, and sublime are some well known groups. And there were a ton of well known punk like the exploited, descendants, dead milk men, and nofx. And if you are into it, fall out boy, and sum 41. There were a shit ton of lesser known but hardcore bands like necrogoblicon and tsunami which people went hard during.

If I was in the area I would have gone for sure. All that matters is that you had a good time.

I like having a beer at the show but those overpriced beers really piss me off. I smuggle a plastic bottle of liquor into most shows.

My form of protest. :D