What's new

MEOW! I'm a hempy bucket

endgegner

meow.jpg

endgegner

Looks just like my cat blacky. She loves to eat veg. leaves.
My cat also climbed up my tent once and stayed there for a few hours. She is also a volunteer house cat. She only goes into my garden a few times. She also listens, when I call her and always comes. Not even my dog listens that well haha

oldmaninbc

She has a lovely feline female face.
I've had several furry friends over my 70 plus years dogs and cats but mostly cats.
My last cat I got from the shelter, was smart, he understood the meaning of many words/phrases. I was always surprised by our ability to communicate with each other.

I do not ski but some friends of mine wanted to go up to the hill, I decided to tag along and visit with locals at the ski lounge. It's just a small ski hill and mostly remote in nature. On the way down the hill I asked the driver to stop so I could pee. While I was taking care of business at the side of the road I could hear this soft meow. I called out and this tiny black kitty approached me, it was 10:00 or so at night. She would all but fit in my one hand. She was black as night and just melted my heart. There are no homes around for miles. I brought her home with me.

endgegner

She has a lovely feline female face.
I've had several furry friends over my 70 plus years dogs and cats but mostly cats.
My last cat I got from the shelter, was smart, he understood the meaning of many words/phrases. I was always surprised by our ability to communicate with each other.

I do not ski but some friends of mine wanted to go up to the hill, I decided to tag along and visit with locals at the ski lounge. It's just a small ski hill and mostly remote in nature. On the way down the hill I asked the driver to stop so I could pee. While I was taking care of business at the side of the road I could hear this soft meow. I called out and this tiny black kitty approached me, it was 10:00 or so at night. She would all but fit in my one hand. She was black as night and just melted my heart. There are no homes around for miles. I brought her home with me.
Aww, that is adorable. I knew this cat from my way my favorite store. She always came to cuddle with me and got on my lap. She had an old lady, that fed her but no shelter. It took a few months until I have adopted her, as I had another cat, that spend a lot of his time with me, but came less frequently. (It is the other black cat in the video).
But at some point, I felt like adopting her and I just took her home and let the old lady know, that she has shelter now and a happy home. Was the best decision and I should have taken her in anyway.
Sadly, the other black cat comes less frequently, but he still comes occasionally for saying hello, some food and sometimes a sleepover. My female is really dominant with other cats and he doesn't like that. But he respects her (even though he attacks female cats and is for sure stronger than her, I think he likes her).
But the neighbors still take care of the male black cat and they mentioned before I took care of him, that he was really wild, only stayed for shelter and food and attacked everyone. But after one months in my care, she was really friendly and became half a house cat. Really cute, and he still has a special place in my heart as he is "my" first "own" pet.

My female cat also followed me a few times while painting graffiti. She stayed there for one hour and came back (my current country doesn't care about painting, so I don't have to leave her behind when getting caught). But she got lost twice on her way back, as she is afraid of cars and runs away to hide herself. So I stopped taking her while I go out painting, as I don't want her to be lost for 24 hours and I also don't want her to be further away than usual. But this were still some really lovely experiences. And who the fuck apart from me, had the chance to have a cat following him painting illegally and staying there for one hour? This is so crazy and lovely.

oldmaninbc

Cats are the masters of attitude.

I love their nature, like following you when you do graffiti. I understand that some cats get frightened by something and their first instinct is to run and hide, that response alone can put them in danger. It seems to me a cat is more than just a cat to you, that you can have a personal connection and relate to them.

I live in a rural area and just the other day my wife told me there was a cougar reported roaming around. That's a good reason to keep your cat at home.

Since living here I've had my door knocked on more than once by people looking for their missing cats. People sad and in tears because the family cat has gone missing, it always breaks my heart to see them so sad.

endgegner

Cats are the masters of attitude.

I love their nature, like following you when you do graffiti. I understand that some cats get frightened by something and their first instinct is to run and hide, that response alone can put them in danger. It seems to me a cat is more than just a cat to you, that you can have a personal connection and relate to them.

I live in a rural area and just the other day my wife told me there was a cougar reported roaming around. That's a good reason to keep your cat at home.

Since living here I've had my door knocked on more than once by people looking for their missing cats. People sad and in tears because the family cat has gone missing, it always breaks my heart to see them so sad.
Yes, I can cope better with cats than with humans. I do have Asperger's, so I have problems with body language, people lying about something (I don't care about that (while they actually do)). But cats are not like that. They are straight honest (just like other animals). I do love all animals in general, but here are a lot of stray cats, so that is why I mainly deal with them.
My cat is actually quite safe, she spends most of her time in my garden and when she is near the road and she hears a cat, she immediately runs into the other direction and hides. Same with dogs. But I still feel better knowing, that she is in my garden.
I would never cage a cat inside, of course you put her at risks, but you also put yourself at a risk while driving a car. The only reason for keeping a cat inside would be, if you are in a rural area with a lot of natural enemies. But if you really love your cat, you should also be able to let her go and respect her own decisions.