What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Mediumless Ebb & Flow (Help)

Learning247

Hello everyone,

I am hoping someone will be able to give me some pointers. I am currently growing/experimenting without any medium. I have two and a half gallon buckets, with a 6 in netpot, the medium in the netpot is marble made from glass (glass marble). This keeps the plants in place within the netpot, however keep in mind I have no water retention.

Now, I am flooding and holding water in the buckets for 1 hour since I don't have anything in my buckets that will retain water. And after an hour it drains the buckets and fills them back up in about 40 minutes (20 minutes to drain & 20 minutes to flood)

The plants seem to be doing great so far, it's been only 4 days since I transplanted them from the cloner.

Do you think this will work? Or am I going to run into problems? Please advise and thank you in advance for taking the time out to read this post.

:thank you:

Learning247

Learning247

Hello everyone hopefully some pictures may help, your looking at Stardawg Guava.

Thanks again,
Learning247

Attachments

• SD1.jpg
    SD1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
  • SD2.jpg
    SD2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 22

shaggyballs

Veteran
I currently use no stones ect.
just 3in net pots.
I had no problems using glass beads in the past.
Marbles should be cool.
easy to clean too.

Learning247

I currently use no stones ect.
just 3in net pots.
I had no problems using glass beads in the past.
Marbles should be cool.
easy to clean too.

Thanks for the reply SB, you said you have used them in the past? You don't use them anymore? Also, did you use them inside the bucket as well?

In the picture above there are glass marbles on the top inside the netpot to support he plants. There is no glass marbles below but nutrient solution. Did you run a similar setup? Please advise.

And thanks for your reply again it's much appreciated.

Thanks,
Learning247

shaggyballs

Veteran
i used them just like you are now for support.....I dont use them now cause i use neoprene inserts then add a screen in bud SCROG.

I dont think it matter if the marbles are below the water level, you dont want the stem wet all the time though.

Latest posts

Latest posts