What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Medical-grade cannabis party prepped for San Francisco

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tis the season to be suspiciously too jolly.

After all, California successfully regulated medical marijuana this year. And in places like San Francisco, cannabis is legal in everything but name.

Formally kicking off the heady holiday season is San Francisco’s longest-running, patient-focused pot competition, the 9th Annual San Francisco Patients’ Choice, which livens up the Terra Gallery Saturday.

This ain’t no natty Hempcon, circus-like High Times Cup, or county fair-like Emerald Cup.

judges-packet-600x400.jpg

This is a chic, San Francisco affair on Rincon Hill in SOMA. The patients-only competition and expo takes place amid Terra’s Brazilian cherry hardwood floors, white gallery walls hung with art, and soaring 20-foot ceilings. Downstairs it’s all inlaid glass tile serpentine bars, hardwood floors, a built-in oak stage, and Patio

background4-600x400.jpg

A feast for the senses awaits at the 9th Annual Patients’ Choice at Terra. (Photo courtesy of Terra SF)
Unlike, celebrity or industry-judged cannabis contests, patients who purchase the Judge’s Packets chose the winner of the Patients’ Choice. These Judges’ Packets sell out every year, and each Packet contains countless dozens of elite sativa, indica, and hybrid flowers, as well as edibles, extracts and topicals. The thing literally weighs about eight pounds this year. Strong contenders for top honors include an indica from The Green Door and the Gorilla Glue #4 hybrid from The Green Cross’ exclusive grower Af-Daddy.

Tickets are an accessible $20 to the day-long Saturday event, and that includes music from Red Hots Burlesque, Manicato and Mystic Roots. The event is hosted by Jamie DeWolf, with a portion of proceeds benefiting California NORML and Drug Policy Alliance.

You’re going to need a valid Physician’s Recommendation for cannabis to attend the San Francisco Medical Cannabis Competition & Expo. (But that’s a breeze in an era of telemedicine. About one in 20 California adults are estimated to have used medical cannabis for a serious condition.)

Sponsors also include some of the best brands in the Bay Area, including The Green Cross, IncrediMeds, The Emerald Cup, The Green Door, Blum, SF Weekly, Leafly, Culture, and more.

After the Patients’ Choice comes the world’s biggest outdoor organic cannabis competition — The Emerald Cup in Santa Rosa Dec. 12th and 13th. Nearby hotel rooms are going fast for that event, which features up to 10,000 guests.

Sounds like a fun time

Source: http://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetrut...ade-cannabis-party-prepped-for-san-francisco/

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree, if someones got a lady that says you never take her anywhere nice, I think this would qualify.

Jon 54

I just wish that this was going on in Southern California. All we ever get down here is that high times bullshit.

Jon54

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would have gone if I had heard about this beforehand. Damn it. I hadn't checked out the Medical News forum for a couple weeks until now.