What's new

Giveaway Mars Hydro's Black Friday Giveaway Is Already Underway!

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
critical super silver haze, here in the usa, still in veg

Attachments

• IMG_20231129_124037522_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231129_124037522_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 73

207_Tony

Greenvein

Wassup neighbor? CL🍀
Congrats on your win bro I noticed you didn't tag me 👀 🤣🤣 hope your good.
This is all very competitive :biggrin:
Great to see... don't want to seem too uninterested myself.

I take light seriously and the FC3000-EVO is a very interesting piece of kit, whoever wins it will be able to understand the difference in using the latest most efficient Samsung diodes on the market.

This will be my last update, since the interesting ones should be over for a while and three posts should fetch a good enough chance for me 😇 🇮🇹

Day 44 (23rd of flowering)
These In House Slurmint IXs basically quadrupled their size during the 21 days of stretch, so i had to supercrop aggressively at end of 3rd week. Since i was there, i also heavily defoliated and added 60W supplemental lighting to improve overall yield and size/potency of the lower buds.

Huge thanks to Mars Hydro for the chance and all the participants for the love, see you soon for the results and good luck to everybody 🤞

View attachment 18924469
Does the light at the bottom help? You definitely haven't wasted a inch in there 👌👌

Entusia

Does the light at the bottom help? You definitely haven't wasted a inch in there 👌👌

The overcrowding wasn't expected unfortunately... at least not to that degree :biggrin:

Those lights down there are 3x20W=60W
Cosmorrow
LED bars with flowering spectrum, and the hope is that they will help, correct.

The idea behind that is that under-canopy lighting in a small 2x2 (60x60x160cm) tent with overall good photon efficiency definitely shouldn't hurt, or be too much of a waste. On the contrary, i think it *should* result in maximization of g/W ratio, especially with branches that long and buds so overcrowded.

More on that setup:
On the top side the PPFD sits at >950-1000 µmol/s*m² at <28cm distance over the whole canopy thanks to the very efficient and homogeneous light distribution of the
Viparspectra XS1500 Pro
LED light.

On the lower side the PPFD sits in the 900-500 µmol/s*m² range at 14-28cm distance range.

This is where i took the inspiration from, and what i hope the bud results will be:

As you can see lower buds in the reel are very, very well formed with respect to the typical low-grade larf everybody usually sees when using only top-lighting.

Luckily temps are good so far (ranging from 19 to 26 °C) and RH is decent (52-62%... soon will probably need continuous dehumi), EC is 2.0 and pH is 5.7. Substrate mix is 60% coco coir, 35% pumice stone and 5% chabazite-K type zeolite rock... all sub-irrigated with gravity-fed Autopots + Airbase. All that should help.

Fingers crossed, i should enjoy good compact buds and abundant yield, even down there. Only time can tell 🤞;)

Last edited: