What's new

Mars Hydro UR45 UV&IR Led Grow Light bars

driver77

I mean that I can not find a fixed rule to work with LEDs, I noticed signs of stress already at 300w dimmed despite having space etc. and I was wondering how and when it is advisable to use them 100% that's all....
As you add more light you also have to add more nutes and water usually. More light means more photosynthesis which means plant need more fuel to thrive..... so if your plants are showing signs of stress it could be not enough food.
It's a balance that you will achieve with time and experience....

Thegreengrower64

As you add more light you also have to add more nutes and water usually. More light means more photosynthesis which means plant need more fuel to thrive..... so if your plants are showing signs of stress it could be not enough food.
I'd also like to add ; if using more light, then supplementing with co2 would be more beneficial.

driver77

I'd also like to add ; if using more light, then supplementing with co2 would be more beneficial.
You ever try those mushroom bags for adding co2?
I have some going now....the problem is of course not enough of it for a ventilated tent. If I place the bags carefully I can see results from whichever plant is getting the most co2.....which kinda led me to the realization I was driving them too hard(was running at around 700w main light) Using 3 bags I can only see about 100ppm increase in general throughout the tent which although it's something, it's not near enough. Interesting experiment for me, but there are for sure easier ways to increase yield.....at least for me.

Thegreengrower64

You ever try those mushroom bags for adding co2?
I have some going now....the problem is of course not enough of it for a ventilated tent. If I place the bags carefully I can see results from whichever plant is getting the most co2.....which kinda led me to the realization I was driving them too hard(was running at around 700w main light) Using 3 bags I can only see about 100ppm increase in general throughout the tent which although it's something, it's not near enough. Interesting experiment for me, but there are for sure easier ways to increase yield.....at least for me.
Honestly mate. I think they're a waste of time and your money.
You'll get higher co2 levels if you're in the room.

driver77

Honestly mate. I think they're a waste of time and your money.
You'll get higher co2 levels if you're in the room.
Agreed on waste of time and money....but it did serve it's purpose in being able to see what adding co2 will do for plants. I'm a hands on kind a guy and have to try everything for myself.....so the experiment was a success in that sense. 3 bags gets me 100ppm more than the air outside the tent which if I just exhale in the tent for awhile I can get that lol.....it ain't easy being a hard head :cool:

Thegreengrower64

Agreed on waste of time and money....but it did serve it's purpose in being able to see what adding co2 will do for plants. I'm a hands on kind a guy and have to try everything for myself.....so the experiment was a success in that sense. 3 bags gets me 100ppm more than the air outside the tent which if I just exhale in the tent for awhile I can get that lol.....it ain't easy being a hard head :cool:
Yes, you have to try or else how we going to know if anything is worth doing. I tried some green bags yrs ago , very similar to those exhale bags. Didn't take long for them to turn into a gluppy sloppy mess. 😒 we live and learn.
What have you got growing on at present?

BABY Z

Io non sono riuscito a spiegarmi.... @conducente77 @Thegreengrower64 stasera vi postero delle Foto e cosa intendevo....io cmq coltivo in una room 3x2x2,5 con 2 bar led 730w un lumiblack e un m.hydro FCE 6500 e per il tipo di problema che viene dicevo ho preso questo....potete non esser d accordo ma per vedere se veramente sia inutile l unica soluzione è provare...😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-19-13-27-15-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-19-13-27-15-92_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 92

Thegreengrower64

Io non sono riuscito a spiegarmi.... @conducente77 @Thegreengrower64 stasera vi postero delle Foto e cosa intendevo....io cmq coltivo in una room 3x2x2,5 con 2 bar led 730w un lumiblack e un m.hydro FCE 6500 e per il tipo di problema che viene dicevo ho preso questo....potete non esser d accordo ma per vedere se veramente sia inutile l unica soluzione è provare...😁
If its not in English I can't read it, sorry.

BABY Z

Le luci sono ad 1m di altezza 1 dimmerata a 400w e l altra a 250 ma continuano a mostrare sulle foglie queste macchie...in ogni caso grazie lo stesso per l aiuto....

Attachments

• IMG20230720210002.jpg
    IMG20230720210002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG20230718222241.jpg
    IMG20230718222241.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG20230720210018.jpg
    IMG20230720210018.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 104

driver77

The lights are at 1m high 1 dimmed at 400w and the other at 250 but continue to show on the leaves these spots ... in any
I could not explain myself .... @conducente77 @Thegreengrower64 tonight I will post photos and what I meant.... I cmq cultivate in a room 3x2x2.5 with 2 bar led 730w a lumiblack and a m.hydro FCE 6500 and for the kind of problem that is said I took this.... You may not agree but to see if it is really useless the only solution is to try...😁
That doesn't look like light burn. Hows your soil ph??
I saw those co2 buckets too..... I bet they put out more than the exhale bags!

driver77

Yes, you have to try or else how we going to know if anything is worth doing. I tried some green bags yrs ago , very similar to those exhale bags. Didn't take long for them to turn into a gluppy sloppy mess. 😒 we live and learn.
What have you got growing on at present?
I got 2 tent with the add on bars going.....big girl is a Northern Lights photo, breeder unknown. The 2 down the left side are Strawberry Banana autos from fastbuds...2 on left in rear are Northern Lights autos from seedsman...far right rear is a SB also.
20230720_200804[1281].jpg

In here we have a Girl Scout Cookie auto ready for harvest the center 2 are also Strawberry Banana fastbud autos 2 in the rear and 1 in front right corner are Wedding Cake from uggg ILGM. Those SB are frosty as hell.....to be honest all except the wedding cakes are frosty as hell.....ILGM once again.....
20230720_201023[1282].jpg

Last edited:

driver77

Current grow.
20231003_144255[1559].jpg
After a couple auto grows and working on second photo grow using uv45 bars here's what I found and how I'm using them now. Too much exposure to the add on bars only leads to plants pointing at bars....if you can keep up with nutes and turning plants around they grow just fine with running with main light schedule, no damage. I run mine now from seedling through flower for 2 hours on 1 hr off. With main light at 650 to 700w I don't get the plants stretching toward bars but still get accelerated growth and better buds. I think they are a perfect addition to a mars spectrum...and probably most others like them. I highly recommend them....try a pair....you'll be glad you did.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Current grow.
View attachment 18899245 After a couple auto grows and working on second photo grow using uv45 bars here's what I found and how I'm using them now. Too much exposure to the add on bars only leads to plants pointing at bars....if you can keep up with nutes and turning plants around they grow just fine with running with main light schedule, no damage. I run mine now from seedling through flower for 2 hours on 1 hr off. With main light at 650 to 700w I don't get the plants stretching toward bars but still get accelerated growth and better buds. I think they are a perfect addition to a mars spectrum...and probably most others like them. I highly recommend them....try a pair....you'll be glad you did.
Thanks for the recommendation, glad to see your freak show is doing so well. 😉

shotnva777

Uh... perhaps 😝
Yall really need to put these on seperate timers. Do yall offer just the power source for the UV45?? That way u can use two seperate ones on seperate timers? I need the IR to come on before and after my main light, without the UV. Then, I need the UV to cut on and off on its own. Yall have made that impossible lol

driver77

Yall really need to put these on seperate timers. Do yall offer just the power source for the UV45?? That way u can use two seperate ones on seperate timers? I need the IR to come on before and after my main light, without the UV. Then, I need the UV to cut on and off on its own. Yall have made that impossible lol
I'm sure it's a cost thing. If you go back in this thread you'll see where I and everyone else that has these has run into the same problem and Mars is aware.
I run them in all my tents now and after extensive testing I run mine with main light schedule but for 2hrs on 1 hr off.....thats with 650w of main light. If you run less than 650w you will need to increase the off time to keep plants from growing toward add on bars excessively.

Latest posts

Latest posts