What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Marley Cannabis Brand

Rinse

Veteran
I'm curious about those Jamaican heirlooms they advertise at the website... do you think Rita and their relatives were keeping and reproducing some oldschool landraces? Or is it just hype like everytime someone wants to sell a so called Jamaican strain and used the gimmick that it was the shit that Marley used to smoke? lol.

Does this answer your question bro:

"Privateer wants Marley Natural to sell products that the firm and the late-musician’s family feel would have had Marley’s stamp of approval. We’re looking at more of the traditional Jamaican strains the Pineapple Kushes and the Chocolopes [and other Jamaican strains] that would have been consumed by Bob Marley himself — as some of the foundations of this brand,” Kennedy says. The brand will also have “a strong social conscience, according to the Privateer announcement."

http://fortune.com/2...wn-line-of-pot/

Cant beat that traditional jamaican pineapple kush lol...:comfort:

B

Bob Green

I am wondering how much indoor herb Bob smoked in his lifetime? It seems like he died around the time it was just starting to get popular. It would of been cool to hear some of his thoughts on indoor vs outdoor. Hydro vs Bio. Being into nature you would think he would want his namesake herbs grown outdoors in organic soil. Maybe on a farm in Africa?

But a badass 20 million dollar Canadian grow op will do the trick to generate cashflow! With that oldschool Jamacian Chocolope Kush that BOB used to roll fatties of all day long.

But hey what did we really expect? A Bob Marley African Landrace preservation company, or an indoor kush gravy train?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Oh and btw..Danny Baker didnt play footy against the Wailers in London, he wasnt playing for NME's team at that time. But he DID sustain a toe injury as a result of playing a bit of footy

Peace

G`day GF

What is the context of the above quote ?
Who tha fck is Danny Baker ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

RetroGrow

Veteran
I am wondering how much indoor herb Bob smoked in his lifetime? It seems like he died around the time it was just starting to get popular. It would of been cool to hear some of his thoughts on indoor vs outdoor. Hydro vs Bio. Being into nature you would think he would want his namesake herbs grown outdoors in organic soil. Maybe on a farm in Africa?

But a badass 20 million dollar Canadian grow op will do the trick to generate cashflow! With that oldschool Jamacian Chocolope Kush that BOB used to roll fatties of all day long.

But hey what did we really expect? A Bob Marley African Landrace preservation company, or an indoor kush gravy train?

He smoked outdoor for sure. Mid-seventies, not many people growing indoor. The Alabama Road Kill Skunk that he got from me was outdoor, grown in Alabama. All ganja in Jamaica is outdoor, so that's what he smoked the most of, obviously. @ that time, if you traveled to Jamaica and knew some Rastas, you would get killer herb that basically blew away anything in the states. I have been deep in the jungle and seen how the Rastas rolled. They would sleep in their fields to prevent rippers. Their defense? Machetes, no guns. The best herb in Jamaica is on the west end of the island, out in the country. When I used to go there we stayed in places with no electricity, right on the rocks, overlooking the water. If you got to know the Rastas, you would always turn down the first things they showed you. If you asked for something "fresh" with some color, they would break out the good stuff. It was killer. Many people couldn't handle it. There is something about herb grown close to the equator.

harry74

Veteran
I'm curious about those Jamaican heirlooms they advertise at the website... do you think Rita and their relatives were keeping and reproducing some oldschool landraces? Or is it just hype like everytime someone wants to sell a so called Jamaican strain and used the gimmick that it was the shit that Marley used to smoke? lol.

A quite usual tactic :

http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php/77629-especies-Protegidas/page381?

¿ What is it Blue Mountain, Montego Bay or La Creme de Port Royale?

GlandualFever

G`day GF

What is the context of the above quote ?
Who tha fck is Danny Baker ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Top O the Mornin To Ya Elmer !

Random :dunno:

A story that i had heard years ago that i was sure somebody would bring up. The toe injury was a football injury, and The Wailers had formed a team, they used to play other teams in London, and one such team was the NME (the magazine) team, whom Danny Baker played for at one time. Now Danny Baker is a UK broadcaster/presenter/writer/dj etc and he once upon a time, told a porky pie about him playing against The Wailers, which he later told the truth about! So to clear that up. DANNY BAKER DIDNT KILL BOB MARLEY! lol :blowbubbles:

Randomness at its best!!!!

Peace!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day GF

Thank you for the insight .
I knew about the foot injury . And the spread of cancer .
I just recently read Acral Melanoma is a rare form that attacks the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dan Kone

Yea, is this a rumor or true? I'd like to know since we are on the subject.

Maybe someone else can help.

I heard he was gifted a pair of boots and when he tried them on something pricked him and that's when the infection started?

I can confirm it's true. I met with them two weeks ago.

This is being produced by privateer holdings, the parent corp to Leafly.

After meeting with them I was very encouraged. They were completely clueless. Completely out of touch with their potential customer base. They have no fucking idea what they are doing. They haven't put any real thought into this beyond "we have the rights to the name Marley, so we win the weed game".

They are going to put eighths of big bud outdoor into what looks like a cigarette packs (not prerolled joints, loose buds) and hope everyone forgets that they want good weed instead of schwagg.

If this is what "big cannabis" looks like then we have no problem at all.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I can confirm it's true. I met with them two weeks ago.

This is being produced by privateer holdings, the parent corp to Leafly.

After meeting with them I was very encouraged. They were completely clueless. Completely out of touch with their potential customer base. They have no fucking idea what they are doing. They haven't put any real thought into this beyond "we have the rights to the name Marley, so we win the weed game".

They are going to put eighths of big bud outdoor into what looks like a cigarette packs (not prerolled joints, loose buds) and hope everyone forgets that they want good weed instead of schwagg.

If this is what "big cannabis" looks like then we have no problem at all.

I can confirm that's crap. Cancer isn't an infection, and you don't get it from stepping on a nail.

Dan Kone

I can confirm that's crap. Cancer isn't an infection, and you don't get it from stepping on a nail.

If you say so. Just giving my take on meeting with them. It was not impressive at all. They are just going to throw money at the project blindly and hope it works.

RetroGrow

Veteran
If you say so. Just giving my take on meeting with them. It was not impressive at all. They are just going to throw money at the project blindly and hope it works.

Really? But you said "I can confirm it's true", which it isn't, which makes you full of it. Don't spread rumors when you have no clue what you are talking about. Posting lies is just going to get you called out.

RetroGrow

Veteran
That's too moronic to respond to, but I had to respond just to point out how moronic it is. Ironic, isn't it? Ironic moronic.

Dan Kone

Really? But you said "I can confirm it's true", which it isn't, which makes you full of it. Don't spread rumors when you have no clue what you are talking about. Posting lies is just going to get you called out.

lol. ok. I literally had a meeting with people from privateer holdings and we discussed it.

Not sure what about about that you consider a lie or a rumor. It was first hand information to me.

harry74

Veteran
As far as I remember Bob has some injury playing football and after doing some medical check, they discovered he had some kind of bone cáncer.

It looks like this kind of cáncer is much more common in White people than black people so I think he inherited this trait from his father.

There are cases where some people has been poisoned.

Osho was probably poisoned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajneesh

Yasir Arafat probably too.More recently we had the Litvinenko affair in London, Polonium in Londinium.