What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Marijuana addiction drug research gets $3 million grant

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would guess caffeine is more addictive than pot. No drug research to fight that addiction I am sure. It is one of the good drugs so no need for intervention.

B

Baked Alaskan

Hopefully this will prove once and for all that cannabis is not addictive.

Dready_jake

If it were a real study it would back fire like Nixon's.
Here is what the beginning of the conclusion would look like:
"In conclusion, the anti cannabis addiction drug had NO change in effect for the patients compared to those given the placebo as neither group of patients ever showed a true sign of withdrawal symptoms" lol or something like that.

Dready_jake

They have a pill for that

Oh yeah. Almost forgot. They could have used that $3mil for something ACTUALLY useful. Like cleaning a lake THEY dirtied, finding out the other diseases marijuana actually cures like ptsd, or feeding poor people.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am also addicted to coochie......withdrawals are a bitch.. is there coochie rehab????..everything has the potential to be either mentally or physically addicting...moderation except for da coochie..get all you can when you can...wrap it then tap it...yeehaw

Genghis Kush

heard an advertisement on the radio today for men 18 to 50 who smoke marijuana and are having difficulty quitting.

They are looking for volunteers to participate in a study by Yale U. on a new medication for the treatment of marijuana addiction.

I wonder what they will call the pill?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
heard an advertisement on the radio today for men 18 to 50 who smoke marijuana and are having difficulty quitting.

anyone see the problem with their approach ? they are not trying to find out if it is really addictive, they are only interested in finding people that are "having difficulty" quitting. how many of those will be folks who are pressured into going by parents, spouses, drug courts, etc when in reality they don't WANT to quit because they simply enjoy smoking pot? just another fake solution in search of a problem that does not exist, in my opinion...:tiphat:

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone see the problem with their approach ? they are not trying to find out if it is really addictive, they are only interested in finding people that are "having difficulty" quitting. how many of those will be folks who are pressured into going by parents, spouses, drug courts, etc when in reality they don't WANT to quit because they simply enjoy smoking pot? just another fake solution in search of a problem that does not exist, in my opinion...:tiphat:

An unbiased objective study would find ice cream and video games to have more addictive potential than marijuana. The people funding this study don't want ice cream or video games to be illegal, so there's nothing objective about it.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
anything can be addictive. i personally think gambling is something that ruins more people than mj ever will. id sooner get rid of that.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a damn waste of money.

I quit weed cold turkey over 30 days ago, I had one anxious night (NOT neurotic) and it's been a breeze ever since. Although I started toking back in '69, my current run of cannabis consumption (oils & hash too) started in '88, been toking hard and daily since then; only days off might have to due with air flights, but I'd have it/some waiting upon my arrival....... :)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am also addicted to coochie...yeehaw..withdrawals from both are similar..ha ha I see I already replied once....

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What the seeker seeks,
The finder finds...

Its all a psychological game for the few that control the many. Nothing real will be found other than supporters of a popular opinion.