What's new

Males from an STS reversal?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Greetings,
I've been dickin around with STS reversal of keeper female cuts and bringing that pollen to other keeper females. My question is...have any of you had true males show up when using STS to cross two natural females. Here's a post i did on another thread-
we got balls! This is the Lite Blue pheno of Valley18. I've heard of it happening before but this is my first time seeing a male come out of an STS reversal cross
picture.php

Valley18 is Valley OG x X-18 (sts reversed). I've heard of it happening before but with less than 1% probability. I'd like to get an idea for how common it is and maybe a laymans-ish explination how it would occur.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
i too would be interested if anyone had much experience with finding males from fem crosses.

Didnt greyskull find a male in some sour dubble s1s?

I wonder if anyone has used these males to pollinate a true female... Would these be males that only carry the female chromosomes in the pollen? Like a male that gives off only fem pollen? probably not, but i dont know much on the subject

humbleguy

Veteran
this whole STS thing has me intrigued. It's like user friendly genetic engineering. I wonder... if you reversed that male and pollinated it with itself would it produce all males?

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Copied & pasted from a PM by permission of Dubi

Hello grow tech,
Yeah it could happen, there are a few fem lines that produce a low male ratio, it's not commoun but it happens, it's genetically related and sometimes quite hard to select against.

Good luck on your breeding projects, let me know if if can help you with any other doubt. Greetings!

dubi - ACE Seeds

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think i can think of a few things we can do with that dude! will be interesting to see what he passes on...if viable...i wonder if there are reasons to not play w him?

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Would be interesting to use just to see what he passes off... A feminized pollen throwin male... Would be cool to make fem seeds with out having to use reversed pollen

caligula

I've seen this happen from time to time in OG Kush lines. Some growers mistake the male in the population for hermaphroditic traits, ignoring the fact that there's no pistillate formations. I've never bred with one but some strains we've made have zero males in the fem line and some will get 3-5/100.

We haven't had any flowering males in a long time, so it negates the accidental pollination form males. Anyway, just figured I'd throw in my two cents with what I know and have seen

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts