What's new

Male/female/hermaphrodite??

Sudsack

The seeds purchased were supposed to be feminized auto-flowering cross pink diesel/amnesia. Three plants on the go with 12/12 lights and all three look like this. Really strong pleasant weed odour but I'm thinking males. But they don't look like the typical male plant images I've found online. They are super resinous and if there was only one, I would pull it. But what's the odds of buying feminized and all three end up as males? So to put my mind at ease, what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3678.jpg
    IMG_3678.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3677.jpg
    IMG_3677.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 47

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless you got seeds in it I don't see any male flowers so I am thinking it is just the structure of that strain.

Most likely from inbreeding as most fems are made from fems not all but most.

Sudsack

"Unless you got seeds in it I don't see any male flowers..."

The seeds would be in a pollinated female flower, right? These look more like pollen pods that have not matured yet rather than a female flower. And check the low number of pistils. A couple at most...

Sudsack

Thanks S_A_H. Last night, I cut them down. They were kinda dwarfy anyway. But after your first comment, I decided to trim and dry them to see what happens. No loss because the trichs were 70% cloudy. Which is what was confusing to me as I could not find out if male plants have trichs or not. And even if they did, the THC levels would be negligible. There is no difference in the appearance of the trichs between these and the other photoperiod plants. This is first time with auto flowering. They are so resinous that I ended up with some finger hash when trimming them as a bonus. Will fire up the pipe later to see if any buzz to it.
The proof will be in the post drying and curing. Thanks for the advice and the photo of auto flowering plant structure. Much appreciated.
And Koondense, I think this grower was/is way much more confused than the plant ever was. Lol

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes males can be full of trichs.

If a true auto it cannot reveg.

Goodluck on the next run.

Sudsack

Thanks. If I do go for trying auto flowering again, I hope I get a more conventional looking bud variety. Maybe you have some strain suggestions? This one was a cross between pink diesel and amnesia. Lots of trichs but not what I would call a big producer. I'll be lucky if I get an ounce out of three plants.

Attachments

• IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 48

S_a_H

Autoflower Crusader
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry but no I cannot give any reliable strain recommendations. It's been awhile since I have grown anyone else's AF gear and do not want support any one breeder over another.

So what I would say to do is some research not into any particular strain but how consistently a breeder has good reviews.