What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Baba Karuna

Hello, just to clarify, are you saying if chemical fertilizers are used that trace salts come out in the cob process?
Any of those fabulous fishing trips of yours in the future?
Hari Om 🙏🏼

I have found some of these salt deposits in my herb and I only use compost with the occasional dusting of rock dust. I think it can happen regardless of using chemical fertilizers.

🪷Aum Śivamastu🪷

Baba Karuna

Opened up this cheese auto from seedsman yesterday. A very nice chew with deeply relaxing effects, centered and calm. Slightly fruity and hashy taste. 😋

🪷Om Mani Padme Hum🪷

Attachments

• IMG_9036.jpeg
    IMG_9036.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9039.jpeg
    IMG_9039.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9042.jpeg
    IMG_9042.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

Tangwena

Veteran
My next question is how much to make?

I've never had it before and don't know if I like it. But I'm willing to commit.
I've read the comments about how you wish you had made more. 😁
I like the idea of storing and aging it but don't know what those limits are.

I have 6 strains - 7 plants some even seeded like Tang likes.
Is an ounce cob per plant way too much? Do a half ounce?
Or 2 ounces per plant, one the dryer cob and one the wet?
It's just me and the girlfriend. Flower and hash is how I've been handling it to this point.
Hi my friend
It sounds like you can spare a few ounces of each from your hash stash.
At least an ounce as it helps the process if the cobs have a bit of meat to them.

I have cobs from 6 years back that still work fine. The oldest is 2017 ha ha.
Once the cure is to your taste dry and reseal them to age, they last a LONG time but like anything each has its primo age 2 to 3 years is my preferred age.

Post pics as you go and we can guide you. But I dont think you will need much guidance as your experience with both flower and hash will steer you on the right path I'm sure.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hello, just to clarify, are you saying if chemical fertilizers are used that trace salts come out in the cob process?
Any of those fabulous fishing trips of yours in the future?
No my friend the salts are from the juice that is produced during the cure.
I'm no scientist and have no idea what they really are but I used to see them in traditionally grown and cured cobs in Central Africa.
Its like sugar crystals and vary in color from white all the way through honey and gold to deep red sometimes in the same cob.
All I know for sure is that it makes for a great euphoric result in the cob.

I'm just winding up a very successful 6 week fishing trip as I type this I'm all worn out and busted up from non stop fishing.
Had some huge battles with big sharks, they sure take it out of you I need a few months off now ha ha.

oldmaninbc

420club
No my friend the salts are from the juice that is produced during the cure.
I'm no scientist and have no idea what they really are but I used to see them in traditionally grown and cured cobs in Central Africa.
Its like sugar crystals and vary in color from white all the way through honey and gold to deep red sometimes in the same cob.
All I know for sure is that it makes for a great euphoric result in the cob.

I'm just winding up a very successful 6 week fishing trip as I type this I'm all worn out and busted up from non stop fishing.
Had some huge battles with big sharks, they sure take it out of you I need a few months off now ha ha.
Thanks for your reply, that's interesting about the crystal formation.
If you have never caught a large fish, you don't have much understanding just how physical it gets landing them.
Hope you got some fish for the freezer.