What's new

Machine feeds

Ca++

Any experience with feeds that don't need shaking? Or that do?
I know a few people have used auto dosing kit, and wondered how they went about shaking the bottles, or not. I did once have a feed that said it couldn't be machined. I know the ionic range are not happy, as they use black gunk, that will settle. I chucked in a pump, and it was like a gunk magnet. I'm sure other people have experiences to share. Floranova is gritty, for instance. So too abrasive for many delivery systems.

I have been looking at 2L pop bottles. Making a stand, to have them inverted. Then swapping the cap (which is now pointing down) for one from a smaller bottle designed to drink from. The one's with a nipple that can usually be resealed. This nipple could offer a hose attachment point, for an external pump to send the feed back to the top of the bottle. Get is swirling a little, and the bottles shape should see everything make it's way back to the pump. It's my best idea yet, but I feel there must be others that work for people.

I;m also wondering about tank change intervals. I know some feeds may not actually need one. Others may get a bit toxic, topping up elements that might not of been used. I know the standard advice is two weeks, but there is work towards just replacing what is needed being done. I just don't see the full figures.

Latest posts

Latest posts