What's new

Looking for the real NYC Diesel seeds.

Cracker79

I was in Amsterdam in 2024 for 4.20 and had a blast. Planned the trip to experience the so called best weed ever. According to my brother I haven’t had good weed until I have had somas NYCD. Let’s just say he has a real GREEN thumb and absolutely idolizes soma. He has read everything todo with soma and much more. He has a weed phd trust me. While in Amsterdam he was very upset to find out that the NYCD was not soma like. We walked to coffee shop after coffee shop with no luck. All my brother had todo was smell it and he knew it wasn’t what he wanted. We finally found an old head that knew exactly what we wanted. He Referred to it as the stinkiest weed he has ever smelt. My brother almost yelled “exactly”. Then smiles turned to frowns as we were told it wasn’t in Amsterdam anymore. So I come to y’all for help. Can anyone please explain what happened. Where we can buy original soma breeder pack NYCD? Thanks for any help

sourkush

that old nycd used to be my favorite weed for years when i use to go to amsterdam but that was years ago and the last times i went it was not around anymore.
I think that old cut was call the "red ruby grapefruit" cut of NYCD. Soma lost it years ago and found another cut that is called the "mandarina" cut of NYCD but it's not the same. The old one was incredibly strong smelling (weak potency though,was a light productive high), the taste would linger in your mouth for a long time, and if you put a bag of it next to other weeds, every pack would smell like it because it was so strong smelling.
Lots of people liked it but some hated it (like with tangie)
Maybe some people in the world still have it somewhere but it's not circulating or being grown in amsterdam now i would think.
The closest thing i've grown was the grapefruit diesel cut from the uk, the smell was very close but not as overpowering and different nug structure. Some phenos of tangie are also pretty close to it even though its more orangy taste compared to nycd
Unfortunately for you i don't think you can have the chance to try it these days, it will stay a good memory inside your brother's head like it's a good memory in mine.

Cracker79

that old nycd used to be my favorite weed for years when i use to go to amsterdam but that was years ago and the last times i went it was not around anymore.
I think that old cut was call the "red ruby grapefruit" cut of NYCD. Soma lost it years ago and found another cut that is called the "mandarina" cut of NYCD but it's not the same. The old one was incredibly strong smelling (weak potency though,was a light productive high), the taste would linger in your mouth for a long time, and if you put a bag of it next to other weeds, every pack would smell like it because it was so strong smelling.
Lots of people liked it but some hated it (like with tangie)
Maybe some people in the world still have it somewhere but it's not circulating or being grown in amsterdam now i would think.
The closest thing i've grown was the grapefruit diesel cut from the uk, the smell was very close but not as overpowering and different nug structure. Some phenos of tangie are also pretty close to it even though its more orangy taste compared to nycd
Unfortunately for you i don't think you can have the chance to try it these days, it will stay a good memory inside your brother's head like it's a good memory in mine.
Thank you for the info. It’s still mind blowing that the most of the best weed is from USA. We went to experience Dutch weed and it was mostly weed from our home country.