What's new

Looking for a short flowering sativa strain

GeneralGuff

They are still listed as 60-70 days flowering so a bit over what was looking for OP, with his requirements there C99, Serious 6 after this 2 I can't think of another sativa dom done under 60 days.
Jamaican Dream is done flowering in 7-8 weeks and is 90% sativa but doesn't have the loose bud structure I'm looking for. I'll still try growing these if I can't find another strain.

GeneralGuff

When growing reg seeds usually the females fill the space left by removing the males, they show their pre-flowers at the beginning of 12/12 so the females will grow a lot during the stretch, you don't loose grow space. For many years I've grown grown reg seeds and it's extremely rare to loose space because you have too many males compared to females, it happened to me once but the remaining females had a lot of space to grow so the yield was not far from the usual one with more plants.
Good to know, that was my main concern although I grow outdoors in the ground but I guess the same principle applies.

linde

My Serious 6 already budding at 45th parallel. Should be ready end of August. She acts like an autoflower but is a super quick photoflower. That plant is a clone of the mother I kept.

Attachments

• IMG_20240630_084849542.jpg
    IMG_20240630_084849542.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

kro-magnon

Veteran
Good to know, that was my main concern although I grow outdoors in the ground but I guess the same principle applies.
Outdoor it's a bit different because the plants take longer to show their pre-flowers so you can loose some grow space because you have to remove some pretty big plants already. Usually you get 2 females for 1 male at least that's how I was planning when growing regs outdoor and was counting on a big stretch from the females to recover lost spaces.

OleReynard

Well here's the conscience from last week.
The 14 strains that made the list last week.
Green poison
Serious6
Maple leaf
C99
Green crack
Skunk #1
Genius juice
Bb muffin
Hella jelly
Speed queen
Silver pearl
Canna lope
Kali China
Bk x pck

Some are not 100% satty, of course

Last edited:

kro-magnon

Veteran
Yeah the Kali China from ACE is apparently is a very fast bloomer, it was cited in another thread the grower said he could harvest her buds as soon as 45/50 days I think but I have no personal experience with this cross.
I'd like to try the Green Crack but I don't know where to get legit seeds, it's strange such a famous clone is not more used in crosses.

Old Piney

Ace seeds offers Moroccan Beldia as Femienzed seeds it's a pure sativa landrace. It's extremely early listed as 50 to 60 days flowering. I've grown Khalifa Genetics Beldia ( only regular) outside at 40 degrees north it's started flowing on July 15 and finished up on September 15. @goingrey I know has grown some lovely looking Acs Belida inside

goingrey

Well here's the conscience from last week.
The 14 strains that made the list last week.
Green poison
Serious6
Maple leaf
C99
Green crack
Skunk #1
Genius juice
Bb muffin
Hella jelly
Speed queen
Silver pearl
Canna lope
Kali China
Bk x pck

Some are not 100% satty, of course
"Some" of them are not 100% satty you say..

Green Poison: "very high yielder is a hybrid with Indica predominance"

Maple Leaf: "100% based on premium indica genetics from Afghanistan"

Serious 6: some kind of Canadian/South African hybrid, this one is pretty interesting but depending on what those Canadian genetics are... probably in the 50/50 range

C99: Jack Herer Shiva Skunk hybrid, let's say 50/50

Green Crack: Skunk #1 and indica hybrid

Skunk #1: The quintessential 50/50 hybrid, also the good phenos take longer to flower

Genius Juice, BB Muffin, Hella Jelly: Don't know much about these hybrids, BB Muffin breeder says indica-dominant

Speed Queen: "a stimulating, and balanced indica buzz"

Silver Pearl: Indica-dominant hybrid, 50% NL alone

Cannalope: Hmm, if what they say about it is true, Haze x Mexican sativa done in 9 weeks, the first real candidate on the list

Kali China: 75% indica

Bk x pck: 100% indica

Ace seeds offers Moroccan Beldia as Femienzed seeds it's a pure sativa landrace. It's extremely early listed as 50 to 60 days flowering. I've grown Khalifa Genetics Beldia ( only regular) outside at 40 degrees north it's started flowing on July 15 and finished up on September 15. @goingrey I know has grown some lovely looking Acs Belida inside
Well ok that one is a pure sativa available as fem seeds that flowers this fast. :tiphat:

But the low potency would probably turn off a lot of people. Could be interesting for breeding a fast pure sativa though.