What's new

Looking for a auto watering system dripper but what i need to buy?

Fiet

Hi,

I have to start auto watering my plants in coco i grow a lot in coco for year's so and i want to watering my plants with a dripper ore halo ring but what i have to buy?

-OSAKA CASIO-

Hi,

I have to start auto watering my plants in coco i grow a lot in coco for year's so and i want to watering my plants with a dripper ore halo ring but what i have to buy?
How many plants do you got? I got me an atami wilma xxl9, it comes with 9 drippers, waterpump and 150 litter "waste" tank that is low in height(if you have a limited height space) and it comes with 9 18litter containers, i changed them to 1-2 gallon airpots.. so all you need to modify is to change the containers to a smaller ones, get some sort of reservoir where you mix your nutrient solution and little bit of garden hose to connect your reservoir pump to the dripping system, its very easy and the wilma xxl 9 cost onlly about 200 €. The measurements of it was maybe 115cm x 115cm and height about 20 cm.

-OSAKA CASIO-

Blumats are the best dripper system I have come across been using the same drippers for years no problem.
They work on gravity feed system no pumps to go wrong.
You can adjust each dripper separately just amazingly simple and very reliable.
Blumats are allso very good way to go! But i just like my wilma like a frigging fred flintstone 😁

crimsonecho

i only used blumats and i liked them too

just dont feed anything organic with them because the thin lines clog up and stuff and always keep the plants in a tray with bigger capacity than your tank in case of runoff

and you can connect them into a live faucet with blumat pressure reducer but again in that case you must always be monitoring your plants or add some safety valves to cut the water flow if there is a runoff (i dont know their name).

other than that i like blumats and the company is cool, they stayed behind their product when i had a failure with an element in my system.

Fiet

Blumats are the best dripper system I have come across been using the same drippers for years no problem.

You mean this? https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...17n5kqT8AhU0QvEDHfgiB5kQwg8oAHoECAQQKg&adurl=

A friend make a Halo Watering Ring no he not make it but a 3D Printer do it for him and it looks solid water drops great

16724997922975200298778676158564.jpg
16724998223751955090510204838541.jpg

Fiet

I bought a pump so i have to buy a dripper for the pump

Fiet

How many plants do you got? I got me an atami wilma xxl9, it comes with 9 drippers, waterpump and 150 litter "waste" tank that is low in height(if you have a limited height space) and it comes with 9 18litter containers, i changed them to 1-2 gallon airpots.. so all you need to modify is to change the containers to a smaller ones, get some sort of reservoir where you mix your nutrient solution and little bit of garden hose to connect your reservoir pump to the dripping system, its very easy and the wilma xxl 9 cost onlly about 200 €. The measurements of it was maybe 115cm x 115cm and height about 20 cm.

2-4 Auto Plants in 8l Smartpotts are enough for 80x80x160cm

Tangwena

Veteran

This is what I got years ago I just connected it to a 120 ltr rez lifted 500mm higher than the pots and gravity does the rest the plants grow at their own pace fed on demand its a beautiful system.

StickyBandit

This is what I got years ago I just connected it to a 120 ltr rez lifted 500mm higher than the pots and gravity does the rest the plants grow at their own pace fed on demand its a beautiful system.
Do you mix the nutes in the main res?

Tangwena

Veteran
Do you mix the nutes in the main res?
Yes I always use about half strength and they love it.
I have fish pump in the rez to circulate the mix 15mins every 4 hours.
I find them amazing the plants get fed as they suck up the solution.
the top of the coco is always dry the moisture is deep down in the coco.
You can see root balls sometimes growing in the air under the dripper.

The carrots respond to the drying of the coco as the roots absorb the feed or the temp dries out the coco.
Result they get as much as they ask for and no more.
Also at the end of the grow prior to harvest you can flush easily by diluting the res.
The part I like most is the ability to reduce the amount they drink by adjusting the knob on the top of the carrot to mimic drought at the end of flowering.
Once you set them up you can forget them.
I am away from my grow for a month now and when I get back I am expecting a field of yellow shade leaves and fat sticky mature buds.

Fiet

Can you use it with Hydroponics???

Fiet

How they works in a coco pot no salts building up in the coco?

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Take a look at my home made halo easy to make scissors pipe and t connectors even i can make them and thats saying something :biggrin::good:.

Tangwena

Veteran
How they works in a coco pot no salts building up in the coco?
No salts buildup if you reduce the strength of the nutes. I use EC of 1.2 in my rez the plants are always hungry to grow and devour everything.
In the last weeks of flower I reduce the EC to 1.
Every strain needs to be fed differently I just watch the growth and adjust the strength accordingly.
Each dripper on each plant can be adjusted in how much it waters its a great system in coco.
If you accidentally over feed you can easily hand flush the pot and reduce the strength in the rez.
The plants grow fast strong and flower like crazy on the right nutes.

StickyBandit

No salts buildup if you reduce the strength of the nutes. I use EC of 1.2 in my rez the plants are always hungry to grow and devour everything.
In the last weeks of flower I reduce the EC to 1.
Every strain needs to be fed differently I just watch the growth and adjust the strength accordingly.
Each dripper on each plant can be adjusted in how much it waters its a great system in coco.
If you accidentally over feed you can easily hand flush the pot and reduce the strength in the rez.
The plants grow fast strong and flower like crazy on the right nutes.
Are you in soil or coco?
I like soil because it acts as a buffer and supplies trace elements, but I don't have much experience with coco

Latest posts

Latest posts