What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

List all cannabis myths

Tony21

You aren't getting what I (and others) are saying. This is an advanced sub-forum, the rules of this forum are to cite and quote your assertions so they are backed up with evidence. Just because you think you know something based on anecdotal experience doesn't make it true or untrue. Using the scientific theory to test and prove or disprove your assertions is what this sub forum is about. I'm not trying to be a dick here either, just trying to point you in the right direction.

There is a whole Cannabis bibliography section that has legitimate studies on nearly all of your above listed myths:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=363481

I'd also suggest looking at the Recent Interesting findings thread as well, it also contains a lot of research and studies on the same myths:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=304840

If you're going to come on a site like IC mag and be a know-it-all you're gonna have to bring your A game mate. This site has some of the most well respected members of the worldwide cannabis community sharing their lives work for free with us all and no matter anyone's level of love and experience with this plant, no one is truly an expert until they are no longer with us as we all have the ability to learn more, until we don't.
Well said.... Don't allow this subforum to become a speakers corner.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Myth: Cannabis forum owners/moderators are upstanding people

Truth: Bunch of narcs, fentanyl dealers and power tripping weirdos who beat off to secretly recorded conversations.

I really do think that you are wrong here matey - since I am no narc - nor fentanyl user - and I have a wife - so no need to 'beat off to secretly recorded conversations' - if that's what one does without one - lol

DarthFader1

Veteran
Myth: Growing cannabis is easy.

Truth: Yes, the act of growing a cannabis plant is relatively easy, however, the act of growing top shelf organic pesticide free fire is a lifelong journey that requires mastery of all the subjects, as well as mastery of oneself.

T

TheForgotten

Myth: Growing cannabis is easy.

Truth: Yes, the act of growing a cannabis plant is relatively easy, however, the act of growing top shelf organic pesticide free fire is a lifelong journey that requires mastery of all the subjects, as well as mastery of oneself.

How's your sense of humor?

You gotta stop 3-betting regs and double-down on some ultrahighend seeds.... :biggrin:
www.seedsman.com/en
www.aceseeds.org

little-soldier

I understand but I don't have the option to move this thread and I am sure you already know this so even if you guys tell me this 100 times, It won't change anything. Only a mod can do this so I suggest you ask one.

Brother Nature

I understand but I don't have the option to move this thread and I am sure you already know this so even if you guys tell me this 100 times, It won't change anything. Only a mod can do this so I suggest you ask one.

:yes:

Cheers mate, glad you didn't take it too hard. It is a very cool topic, there are so many myths and false ideas about growing and smoking weed that it should make for an entertaining thread. When I was younger and just getting into smoking, I had a friends mother spout out all kinds of stupid myths about cannabis to us to try to deter us from smoking and my favorite was that smoking weed 'gives you man breasts'. When questioned about this she couldn't offer up any legitimate reasoning for it. Been smoking for nearly 20 years now and am still waiting for my man boobs to grow...:biggrin:

(o)(o)

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
So no need to 'beat off to secretly recorded conversations' - if that's what one does without one - lol

picture.php

lol

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
How's your sense of humor?

You gotta stop 3-betting regs and double-down on some ultrahighend seeds.... :biggrin:
Myth: Awesome seeds will make you a great grower
Fact: Awesome anything can still be grown improperly.

Case in point: "Elite Clones" produce flower in my gardens which does not look like the flowers from most growers. Is it easy to grow great genetics? Yes. Can someone with skills still produce significantly higher quality with the same plant? Oh yes. :tiphat:

Same as "It's not the car, it's the driver." and "Given all the same cars, the driver with the most skill wins every time." Superior quality cannabis takes skill and education. Don't think so? Go write a short pamphlet/book on how simple your actions are to repeat. Include the education you're using to make those actions simple. ;)

myth: weed is "not" habit forming
Truth: Covering up your issues with cannabis IS habit forming. Cannabis itself (if you have no issues) provides no 'relief' for you and is itself not habit forming.

Using cannabis to relieve your discomforts from unresolved issues is definitely habit forming. :tiphat:

Indicas don't have more CBD or make you more mellow and sativas dont have more THC and make you feel more heady. The high is set and setting mostly.

Cannabis indica is a the cross between cannabis sativa and ruderalis to create high THC autoflower varieties. Everything else is cannabis sativa, including .3% THC, 21% CBD varieties.

mexweed

Veteran
drooping fan leaves protect buds

that never happens in nature, if there is an environmental factor that would damage the buds it will damage the fan leaves and also the buds

rolandomota

Veteran
The biggest myth I have observed is that everyone says mexican weed is no good.

My question here is what the fuck do you think Mexicans are doing with their weed? Just growing and exports? No dude they smoke probably more than most here so do you think they want to grow bullshit?
Ask yourself do they have internet a mail box ? Do they speak English are they in the "know" about marijuana yes yes yes they can order from ace they speak Spanish.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The biggest myth I have observed is that everyone says mexican weed is no good.
Most mexican "brickweed" is not very good. That's what I've experienced and heard in many states of the US. Anyone who says all cannabis from Mexico is no good will be uneducated and/or heavily biased and should be generally ignored anyway. :)

Like everything else "It depends" on what the genetics were, how it was grown and how it was packaged and handled afterward. Even the most amazing cannabis comes out like garbage if you mishandle it. Mishandling happens very often with black market items, regardless of the country of origin. :tiphat:

Here's one...
You can't get a steady pH reading on r/o water.
:laughing:

little-soldier

LOL, Ice cubes on soil. Never heard that one before. Maybe it has something to do with another possible myth which says that stressing a plant will increase trichomes like you say.
I have not tried it myself. A lot of myths. Here are others I have tested.
flushing solutions don't work
I also seen dumbtards saying you have to flush with water after you use a flushing agent. NOPE

'Boogieman'

Myth: Awesome seeds will make you a great grower
Fact: Awesome anything can still be grown improperly.

Case in point: "Elite Clones" produce flower in my gardens which does not look like the flowers from most growers. Is it easy to grow great genetics? Yes. Can someone with skills still produce significantly higher quality with the same plant? Oh yes. :tiphat:

Same as "It's not the car, it's the driver." and "Given all the same cars, the driver with the most skill wins every time." Superior quality cannabis takes skill and education. Don't think so? Go write a short pamphlet/book on how simple your actions are to repeat. Include the education you're using to make those actions simple. ;)

Truth: Covering up your issues with cannabis IS habit forming. Cannabis itself (if you have no issues) provides no 'relief' for you and is itself not habit forming.

Using cannabis to relieve your discomforts from unresolved issues is definitely habit forming. :tiphat:

True, without weed I can't sleep very well for a couple days but after that I'm all good.