Lemon N Lime Jones

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
IMG_20240324_153301_HDR~2.jpg

Inside my 5 pack , I got 6 seeds 😎
Half of them are still in there, here's the other half 😁
IMG_20240331_164947_HDR~2.jpg

All 3 planted popped, just let the soil dry out before replanting them into their own tubs. It's a bit heavy to be playing with young roots yet.

And the answer to your question is, because I only had one tubs worth of compost in the house, and it was raining, so couldn't be arsed going to the garage for more. It'll be fine.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Oldie but def a goodie!

Congrats on 100 percent germination, I’ve never had a bean from @ojd not pop and I’ve been through a fair few csg varieties. I make my own seed too and when I test it I rarely get all to pop and grow strong so I appreciate the quality.

Good luck man👍

Peace

Disso

Will be following along, wishing you a good run!
Have grown a Lemon N Lime Jones myself so will be curious to see how yours turn out. Interesting approach triple planting in a big tub. What do you see as advantageous about this compared to individual small nursery pots for example?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Piff, yeah I'm in the same boat. Been popping one of ojd's beans now and then for over a decade, all pop somehow.

Weed, Casey Jones x sssdh, what's not to like 😋, personally I'm hoping for the ecsd side of the Casey rather than the Orient express.

Disso, thanks, there are two main advantages here: one, the roots from each seedling get to stretch a little further before hitting a boundary, and two, I had that clean, and couldn't be arsed cleaning and labelling a batch of little pots and working out how big I could go with the compost in hand. It was just simpler for me. 😎.

Disso

Lookin good! For what its worth mine wasn't particularly stretchy, i'd say about 1.5-2x stretch. Let mine get pretty sizable before flip and didn't have any height problems (2m tall tent). I did however only have one seed of the LnL Jones so not a big sample size.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Well I normally run indicas, my tent is 1.8 high, so with fan space, light space, distance space, root space, useless stem space I figured I'd go with the safe option of low light for first few weeks, keep them small, then veg and train into the desired sized and shape to release into flower. Then I'll try and hold on tight and see what happens.
Remember there are 3 more to run once I know more about what they like.

Disso

Good call! I think I got a Casey heavy pheno which despite the lineage grows a bit more indica like. I imagine a SSSDH leaning pheno could get pretty stretchy though. Better to be on the safe side anyway, especially when growing from seed as you can't quite predict what will happen.
Yours all look pretty uniform so far but they are just youngins after all.

Could you tell us a lil bit about how you're growing them? Synthetic/organic, nutrients/soil, lighting etc.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah sorry, I should have introduced the grow better.
I'm in a 2x4 foot tent (or will be soon) for this grow. Lighting comes from a single led unit : Mars TS2000L, the original version set to 300w (max). Rather that's the final flowering light in that tent. They are currently under around 20 watts total of mixed led and CFL bulbs (2).
Once repotted they will get about 10 days under a Mars fc3000 led with UV to veg and strengthen up.
Medium is compost (minus the Irish peat that I love but is now illegal in the UK). So it's a weak but very light and powdery compost.
Nutes are the hesi line with a bottle of pure nutrients micro blend for shits and giggles.
Pots are those plastic storage tubs you get for toys etc. No drainage holes. Nutes cost money so I'm not pouring them away.

Style, I'll top them in a linear style so they can be easy photoed for comparison. I'll lose yield on the max possible but it'll make identifying which buds are from which plant easier to trace back.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
IMG_20240504_102111~2.jpg

Number One seems fine despite the leaf thing. It's a little bit behind the other 2 though.

IMG_20240504_102223.jpg

Fucking mini moth, been munching like hell on number two. He got squashed but I've got my eyes open for more. Hopefully it won't hurt her too much.

IMG_20240504_103006~2.jpg

Number three, in the lead growth wise, looking relatively happy right now.

IMG_20240504_103033~2.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts