What's new

Legal Dutch weed experiment – discussions and reviews!'

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
I know what you're saying. Way too much red tape. But who would have expected anything else ... in Germany.

Well, the last part I don't subscribe to. I think the only but major improvement is the fact that you can grow 3 plants per person legally. Which is a huge difference to what it was before.

Also, to get back OnT, the German legalization process will have an effect on neighboring countries. Much like the first US states legalizing recreational marijuana (and before that medical cannabis) had a huge effect. Basically, this will help to end prohibition. Much like the legal weed in the Netherlands. There will be setbacks in some countries - Thailand comes to mind. And I wonder how that new right-wing government in the Netherlands will behave.

But in the long run prohibition should go away, I believe.
I second that. It's a start and I'm keen to see how this develops over time. I've been to 3 of my local(ish) Gardencenters over the last couple of weeks and they've all stocked up on the new growing soils and fertilizers. It can only get better. :)

IMG_0849.jpeg IMG_0848.jpeg

NotYourSaviour

Since this month the remaining 8 other towns joined the Wiet Experiment it was a no brainer to witness this again historical moment.

Though for some reasons with a focus on hopefully new supplier companies which failed big time when visiting a shitload of coffeeshops in multiple towns.

Sadly only a tiny minority sold gear from Aardachtig[which was around too since the beginning] whilst the rest came up with mostly Fyta but also Canadelaar on their menus. Latter one was completely ignored for reasons stated before.

A shame other companies seeemingly weren't ready which is sorta inexplicable but then again I don't know when they were allowed to start their grows and other factors. Time will tell.

3Chems from Fyta(about 12€/g if memory serves me right)smelt of kush and earth is all I can say. This profile was tasted indeed during consumption, also relatively smooth on the lungs. Effects were strong enough, maybe a tad more on the body. All in all a good product in my humble opinion.
1 Selection Of Regulated Material From The Wiet Experiment From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

2 Regulated 3Chems From Fyta From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

3 Regulated 3Chems From Fyta From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

Amnesia Core Cut Dry Sift(10€/g) from Fyta we had to try since another regulated hashish on the market. Hashish? Well, uhm, when I took a look and used my nose my alarm bells rang already as it looked simply like low quality pollinated sift[an source told us when producing it they go for quantity of e.g. '1kg of this dry sift from 30 kg material' and it indeed looked like this ; don't know which ratio of plant matter and sifting time they use.].

Though it had a light smell of Amnesia at least compared to the dirt Canadelaar served us back in December.

So it was bought for the sake of trying regular gear as on the black market I wouldn't have touched it.

Suprisingly smooth and even a minimal taste of Amnesia was around as well. What wasn't around unfortunately was a buzz.

Ok, exaggerated but merely a medium one dimensional up high. Needless to say this 'cleaned grass'[read: way less plant material compared to their grass version but still way too much plant matter for being hashish]was gifted to someone in need along the way. Better than the approach from Canadelaar I reported about in December last year but would not buy it again. Saw later there was even sold an Ice Cream Cake Dry Sift for 12€/g by Fyta from their flagship but after inspection I don't expect better than this here.

It is such an offence they release such lows so I suggest giving this out for free with every gram of their Amnesia Core Cut grass they sell, haha ; really shows what they still think about most of the consumers out there – as if time would have stood still in the 1980ies , oh my. No false modesty please, people, we all deserve much better, this isn't even a standard of quality! Looks like someone left the pollinator or what ever device on for a night since it must be worth it, innit? I would say their base the Amnesia Core Cut is stronger in form of bud, yuk.

Back to square one! Next!
4 Regulated Amnesia Core Cut Dry Sift From Fyta From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

5 Regulated Amnesia Core Cut Dry Sift From Fyta From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

MAC from Aardachtig[about 13€ ; coming in jars of 1,5g]

One of the best looking buds of the material available yet. Very sweet,floral kushy nose. Taste was on point in those regards as well but since we also smoked some popular supposedly legit 'Cali' due to lack of other companies available
the MAC here was enjoyable smooth on the lungs but lacked the full creaminess the e.g. Ice Cream Cake from Fyta and quality 'Cali' provided. All in all still the best grass this trip. Very keen now trying other gear from them.
6 Regulated Mac From Aardachtig From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

7 Regulated Mac From Aardachtig From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

8 Regulated Mac From Aardachtig From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

9 Regulated Mac From Aardachtig From Coffeeshops, June, 2024.JPG

Conclusion: looks like company Fyta is in slight advance and supplying a lot of coffeeshops until the other 7 companies are able to join with ready product ; bit worrying despite they offer mostly quality. Hope others will come up with quality and competition, too! The fact that Canadelaar is similarily distributed is scary too since their quality approach is a bit of a joke but I can well imagine which type of customers they attract and it seems there is a demand
which then means the majority of customers going to coffeeshops still is about price rather than
quality at all costs[pun intended].
How unexpected:biglaugh:!

So in general a long way to go when it comes to grass and hashish even though the percentage of such people in the know about quality is higher than let's say 10 years ago. As said though still a very long way to go until people looking for quality will reach a significant percentage.

Funnily there was a minority of coffeeshops waiting for a choice before they buy regulated gear but at one point they have to get rid of their original merchandise and can only sell regulated material[which must happen after 3 or 6 months, not sure what applies currently].

Of course the choice declines with only ten companies in the game now but who knows what strains they really come up with? Let alone if this experiment is promising and – it is still allowed to dream right? - Dutch goverment is legalising, there hopefully will at some point licences given out to small scale growers and shit for diversity!

In the end I can underline again that grass mostly on by Fyta and most probably Aardachtig is a damn progress compared to the schwag of the last decade they sold at coffeeshops mostly even though in recent years it got a bit better[talking about most cs beyond major cities but elsewhere it wasn't that much better as I reported a lot].

It's more kush based those unfamiliar varieties, what is offered than Haze based unfortunately. The town where I live doesn't take part in this experiment, so still more varieties to choose from.

View attachment 19006789
Yes, this menu is more haze 'heavy' but I think the other companies will come up with haze strains as well but you are right, focus is more on genetics of recent years.
Apart from that, especially when thinking of 'local coffeeshops' deep in the provinces and indeed not major cities there is too often a riddiculous choice of 1-2 hazes, White Widow and a few others of dubious quality[but even that changed in the last years ; by the way I say it again I tend to not care about genetics as long as they are proper grown]so if each company from the already existing ten is only offering 5-10 strains with guaranteed respectively tested good quality I am quite sure the average joe instead of a dedicated homegrower is well happy with this choice[especially since there was not really more choice in said coffeeshops before] ; not to forget choice on the black market now is of doubtful origin and probably often relabelled as well.

Since you said you are living in the Netherlands[I pretty much respect privacy so don't need to know anything as only interested in content myself but I have to think about the cliché of the average Dutchie don't wanna go at best more than 30 minutes by car within the country to whereever and everything more is a sorta odyssey. Just saying:laughing:]it is quite possible one town participating in the Wiet experiment is near you so why not take a look? Again, just saying, enjoy!

@tobedetermined

Cheers! Maybe has to do with the Netherlands profiting from the legalization in Canada and took a closer look. Though as said before there are no Canadian companies involved, at least officially.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts