What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Leetdood's growing struggles

leetdood

I've been posting a bit on Overgrow, and I though fuck it, let's check out ICMag where all the old heads hang out. Not gonna replicate what I've posted so far, but I up potted Stardawg Corey last night and today is day 1 flower. Enjoy!

20231108_225651.jpg

leetdood

So, there's a reason I call my grow log "growing struggles." The reality is growing plants is hard and most of us will make what I would call "shameful mistakes" and maybe don't show those off or post them on forums or Instagram. But this creates a false perception where your Instagram reel is full of beautiful plants and nobody struggling like in real life. I personally make a lot of successes but also a lot of mistakes and I like to show the full picture.

Anyway, my 8x4 flower tent on day 2. Overcrowded eh? Just added the trellis.

20231110_205421.jpg

20231110_205426.jpg

20231110_205442.jpg

leetdood

20231112_210228.jpg

Spray station... treating for thrips. Sulfur and purecrop1 in the spray bottle pictured. Best to use gloves and glasses.

Sprayed all plants that are in veg and aren't in domes

Will continue treating and treat the ones in domes as needed. The sulfur can burn the smaller plants in domes

Pictured plant looks shitty cause i cut it back very drastically so only small shitty shoots are left, but they're doing a good job growing out and settling into the bigger pot. It's the giant mystery skunk bagseed male

20231013_193202.jpg

Giant male referenced. Older picture.

leetdood

20231113_195818.jpg
20231113_204228.jpg
20231113_212238.jpg

Transplanted 16 of 17 clones I took Oct 16. I've been busy setting up everything else and cleaning and so forth but I got to it today. The 17th is unfortunately not very rooted so I'm giving it more time.

The cultivar is called Highway Robbery. It is i95 x chimera #3 from Trichome Orchards, who is a friend. I have six phenos going but my favorite in veg is #5 which I've sent to several people to test out. They are all part of my flower run but it's overcrowded in there.

Here's #5

20231105_184833.jpg

leetdood

I have started giving irene, Tahoe, chem d plain water in flower because I am noticing some issues/possible excess. They are in 1 gal, 3 gal, 1 gal, respectively and were also recently transplanted. So they may have a buildup in the soil.

Similar in chem d in veg, and the lighting is pretty low intensity there so I have switched veg to plain water for now also.

Rest are getting the standard feed. Picked up my parcel of 8lb calcium nitrate and 8lb master blend bloom (0-12-24) today. I guess customs opened the parcel up and had a look.

fnaf

I've been posting a bit on Overgrow, and I though fuck it, let's check out ICMag where all the old heads hang out. Not gonna replicate what I've posted so far, but I up potted Stardawg Corey last night and today is day 1 flower. Enjoy! basketball stars
View attachment 18916377
Your work is great. I'm very interested in it. Does this type of crop need special temperature conditions?

Last edited:

leetdood

Day 25, I’ll try and get better pictures, but here’s one of a plant thats doing super nicely

20231203_121005
20231203_1210052448×3264 364 KB

That’s a mystery skunk bagseed

Chem d and rez ecsd are looking overfed, rez ecsd cause it started bottom feeding itself due to the floor being uneven and all water flowing to its corner for the feeder roots to suck up I assume.

One of my mystery skunk bagseed couldn’t take the feed, I switched to water but pretty sure it’s gonna burn to a crisp

I might have mentioned that I don’t want the finicky or needy plants hunted from seed anyway so that’s life, the plants that crush are the ones I’m looking for

DumbleJum

It was like a research. Of course there were many difficulties. I also tried to grow many vegetables and fruits. But they did not grow well and did not produce good fruit. I gradually felt discouraged.

leetdood

It was like a research. Of course there were many difficulties. I also tried to grow many vegetables and fruits. But they did not grow well and did not produce good fruit. I gradually felt discouraged.

I will tell you, of course it feels discouraging. But always stick with it!!

4b0f0444803f895334e2cdd7f85913ec4b486937.jpeg

for example, i found out recently from @dank.frank that @MOneYMiKe took 7-8 years to make the pinnacle of genetics that is i95!!
Pictured is my favorite plant from seed, i95 x chimera 3. I love this plant but like money I do not want to settle for what I have, but try and see what improvements or changes are possible. My friend is sending me for example Chem D bx4 x i95 F2s, 150 to run out. I hit this plant with a Motorbreath 15 x (Motorbreath x Wedding Crasher) male and now have a couple hundred of that to run out also. Furthermore, I will try and self this plant as soon as I can- my garden is still brutal and I am catching up. I had hernia repair surgery start of May and I was laid up for 6-7 weeks and I had to rebuild all my routines, nurse dying and pest laden plants, and figure out what the hell to do. But my friend

the little train that could, was not fast and strong or talented except in one way

it never stopped. it got to where it was going. because it never stopped.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
Looks good brother
And yes there’s always room for improvement
Keep it up my friend
It actually took 5 years to get the line where I was happy with the outcome
I knew/know Corey stardawg very well and loved og at the time
Blessings

Latest posts

Latest posts