What's new

LED for Bloom?

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Hey I'm currently eyeing LED's but would like to know if there's one geared specifically for bloom? I like the description of the TS-3000 but how is it compared to HPS?

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I have a TSW-2000 and it roughly compares in spectrum to an HPS. My flowers are still mostly flower with a low leaf ratio like HPS. Penetration depth is lower and to be expected.

The FCE-3000 I have is a better quality/spectrum and a light bar style. :)
Hey Douglas.. are yours in a tent and if so what size? I was thinking a 4x4 with a tsw-2000 and 220 watts of supplemental uvb t5’s

Ca++

Enough UVB? Nobody has ever shown we need any. Start putting as much power into UVB as the rest of the spectrum, and chances are, they will die.
220w more white could be useful though.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
Enough UVB? Nobody has ever shown we need any. Start putting as much power into UVB as the rest of the spectrum, and chances are, they will die.
220w more white could be useful though.
I’ve always gotten better results from CMH indoors over HPS alone and believe that is because of the additional UVB provided. When I used HPS with the mega ray zoo lamps added the results were better as well over HPS alone. UVB is only turned on in spurts of 15 minutes

here is some pics of my amnesia haze, I am only using my TS3000 at 75%.

Attachments

• 20220731_200552.jpg
    20220731_200552.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 70
  • 20220731_200606.jpg
    20220731_200606.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
  • 20220731_200615.jpg
    20220731_200615.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

Ipotato

I’ve always gotten better results from CMH indoors over HPS alone and believe that is because of the additional UVB provided. When I used HPS with the mega ray zoo lamps added the results were better as well over HPS alone. UVB is only turned on in spurts of 15 minutes
CMH and HPS does not produce any UVB because of the outer glass bulb absorbing it. They do produce UVA.

• Ultra-Violet (UV) light: High intensity discharge lamps generate substantial UV internally, often the particularly nasty UV-B variety. Unless designed to generate UV (for medicinal purposes, photoengraving, or whatever), the short wave radiation will be blocked by the outer glass envelope and/or phosphor coating. However, should the outer envelope break or be removed, the lamp will still operate (at least for a while - some have a means of disabling themselves after a few hours or less of exposure to air). DO NOT operate such a lamp preferably at all but if you do, at least take appropriate precautions to avoid any exposure to the UV radiation.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
CMH and HPS does not produce any UVB because of the outer glass bulb absorbing it. They do produce UVA.

• Ultra-Violet (UV) light: High intensity discharge lamps generate substantial UV internally, often the particularly nasty UV-B variety. Unless designed to generate UV (for medicinal purposes, photoengraving, or whatever), the short wave radiation will be blocked by the outer glass envelope and/or phosphor coating. However, should the outer envelope break or be removed, the lamp will still operate (at least for a while - some have a means of disabling themselves after a few hours or less of exposure to air). DO NOT operate such a lamp preferably at all but if you do, at least take appropriate precautions to avoid any exposure to the UV radiation.
The CMH emits small amounts of UVB. Just place a UV light meter under the light and you’ll see

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

Latest posts

Latest posts