What's new

LED for 4x4 using ACInfinity controller

chappie

Veteran
I'm not a new grower but am new to LEDs and a little overwhelmed. I want to light up a 4x4 flowering tent, where I would have used a 600w HPS in the past. I'm planning to use an ACInfinity controller and don't fully understand compatibility despite reading their docs on the UIS system. Furthermore, I'm not sure which lamps are desirable these days. Excellent spectrum is my priority, dimmability is nice, good heat dissipation is great. Of course low price is always good but I am looking for buy once/cry once here. I appreciate any guidance, or references I should read up on.

Cactus Squatter

I'm not a new grower but am new to LEDs and a little overwhelmed. I want to light up a 4x4 flowering tent, where I would have used a 600w HPS in the past. I'm planning to use an ACInfinity controller and don't fully understand compatibility despite reading their docs on the UIS system. Furthermore, I'm not sure which lamps are desirable these days. Excellent spectrum is my priority, dimmability is nice, good heat dissipation is great. Of course low price is always good but I am looking for buy once/cry once here. I appreciate any guidance, or references I should read up on.
I’ve got a friend turning out great grows with an ACinfinity led setup and their controller.
I’m pretty sure my next light to replace my CMH is going to be one of theirs.

Veritas629

I have an AC Infinity controller and as far as I know, it is designed to control AC Infinity light fixtures. You might be able to work it with other lights, but I'm betting that would be a lot of work. I can say it controls my AC components well: exhaust fan, circulation fan, and humidifier.

chappie

Veteran
Great, thanks! I had seen references that ac fans etc are great but the lights are just “ok”. The favored Grow Light Science units are forever sold out or need to be purchased in lots of 12.

Rocket Soul

Generally nowadays spectrums of led growlights are all quite samey, for great spectrum youd either have to build it yourself or check out companies like Growlight australia (sponsors on the forum) or maybe blackdog led, though they are expensive and not great photon efficiency.
GLA would be my best bet for cry once; they have a well tested product and they seal their boards so they can last in a grow environment.
HLG are also top rated but GLA have a wider spectrum with near UV, though you could add uv separately aswell to HLG light.

When you look at lighting for a tent be very aware of hanging height and how your lights hot spots affects how big plants you can grow. For tent usually a strip solution is the best.

Stone

Great, thanks! I had seen references that ac fans etc are great but the lights are just “ok”. The favored Grow Light Science units are forever sold out or need to be purchased in lots of 12.
This is correct don’t go with AC infinity lights.
Also their controllers can control most lights.