What's new

LED and BUD QUALITY

CocoNut 420

I then moved onto 4x 240w lm301 boards and was disappointed with the result, i needed a few crops to adopt some changes and find the sweet spot with light (Ā±70k lux for me)
that's when I started getting above my average crops.
I need to correct a point: 70k lux was with boards, soon after I got a 720w bar light and found 60/65k lux (max) with the bar light.

I've since noticed something i can't make sense of?

Hitting 60/65k across the footprint is simple with a 720w bar light but 2x250w just can't reach that intensity in the footprint at a similar distance, am I overlooking something?

Cheers

Rocket Soul

I need to correct a point: 70k lux was with boards, soon after I got a 720w bar light and found 60/65k lux (max) with the bar light.

I've since noticed something i can't make sense of?

Hitting 60/65k across the footprint is simple with a 720w bar light but 2x250w just can't reach that intensity in the footprint at a similar distance, am I overlooking something?

Cheers
Apart from 50% more power the bar lights would have better spread, the 250w double board lights seems better suited for a 3x2 in terms of spread so i can imagine them being a bit low in the edges. 4 x double boards would make a nice 5x5, maybe turning them down a bit.

CocoNut 420

Apart from 50% more power the bar lights would have better spread, the 250w double board lights seems better suited for a 3x2 in terms of spread so i can imagine them being a bit low in the edges. 4 x double boards would make a nice 5x5, maybe turning them down a bit.
I'm comparing a 720w bar light with a 250w and 300w bar lights, one's a 300w dimmed to 250w but i still expected the footprint intensity be much the same for 500w

It works out to 40w a ft which isn't great considering the readings I'm getting, I would've been better putting up the 720w and having a few more plants and not needing a dehumidifier, with more power being used i can run the fan faster so humidity isn't such a problem, yeah lesson learned for future.

Cheers

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
At times, I want to unsubscribe from this thread because of off-topic posts and useless BS.

No doubt there are many very worthy posts; there is just so much to wade through, so I keep up and disregard the trash.

Thanks, @JKD. I signed up because of your post.

Still time to sign up:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At times, I want to unsubscribe from this thread because of off-topic posts and useless BS.

No doubt there are many very worthy posts; there is just so much to wade through, so I keep up and disregard the trash.

Thanks, @JKD. I signed up because of your post.
Hoping they open it up soon. This course will change your game no matter who you are. Very smart decision my friend.

weedemart

But you told us a few pages ago Far Red was useless undesirable!

Isn't it funny how Bugbee talks about increasing leaf size to accelerate photosynthesis but not internodal length . . . Don't worry, I've time stamped it for you. I don't need to remind who's been saying this all along.

You better listen to the podcast again! Then reread the last 10 page of this thread. But I know I wont convince you of anything. I respect that.

Hope your business is doing well.

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@growsjoe1 @JKD all this can do is up your game. Whether you have a micro or macro sized grow you will learn very basic and very complex things in this course. Its many different people giving lectures not just Bugbee, they bring in many select pros for specific topics not affiliated with USU as well. Weve actually paid for one on one consulting with one of them personally because their understanding of nutrient delivery is so deep. The lighting section is amazing and explains why Led truly is the way of the future. Theres a reason the most funded facilities are running them.

weedemart

@growsjoe1 @JKD all this can do is up your game. Whether you have a micro or macro sized grow you will learn very basic and very complex things in this course. Its many different people giving lectures not just Bugbee, they bring in many select pros for specific topics not affiliated with USU as well. Weve actually paid for one on one consulting with one of them personally because their understanding of nutrient delivery is so deep. The lighting section is amazing and explains why Led truly is the way of the future. Theres a reason the most funded facilities are running them.
If you all followed this and you all understood, explain to me why you use aquaflakes and that your barely 1.8g per watt with everything you know. I'm not taking anything away from you. You shouldn't take the world for idiots either.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you all followed this and you all understood, explain to me why you use aquaflakes and that your barely 1.8g per watt with everything you know. I'm not taking anything away from you. You shouldn't take the world for idiots either.
Because that base works the best for my program and convenience. Im lighting 250 sq ft with a MAX of 7200 watts not dimmed. Ive taken down almost 30 lbs nearly 3lbs per fixture. Im no slouch. Again, you grow in a tent. You have a few plants. Talk to me when you can handle an actual decent sized operation. 1.8 grams per watt isnt a bad number. Im limited in how much light i can use. If i had more power id have more fixtures and a higher gram per watt average over the same canopy. Im less concerned w that and more concerned with grams per sq ft. Im hitting 52 grams per sq ft. Which is no slouch either. Commercial facilities with higher average ppfd often get less. Those numbers are trimmed fully manicured units also. Not inflated raw weight like others go by.

We all get it that you make your own nutes and think youre the best at everything. I have 3 other jobs and run this space myself. If you want to try and play down my work thats fine, but you haven't shown us anything better. If you can, please do. Its one thing to maintain a small space and a total other ball game in larger spaces.

Last edited:

weedemart

Because that base works the best for my program and convenience. Im lighting 250 sq ft with a MAX of 7200 watts not dimmed. Ive taken down almost 30 lbs nearly 3lbs per fixture. Im no slouch. Again, you grow in a tent. You have a few plants. Talk to me when you can handle an actual decent sized operation. 1.8 grams per watt isnt a bad number. Im limited in how much light i can use. If i had more power id have more fixtures and a higher gram per watt average. Im less concerned w that and more concerned with grams per sq ft. Im hitting 52 grams per sq ft. Which is no slouch either. Commercial facilities with higher average ppfd often get less.
yes you do better than most commercial facilities. but called my ''theorie'' b.s.

The most funded scientist in the world just repeated all what I said for the last 2 month you guys argued with me. Who is bullshiting now?

Last edited:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the day I will be lead a grow ops , you will never see me again. I'm actually here to get vision nothing else.

and yes you do better than most commercial facilities. but called my ''theorie'' b.s.

The most funded scientist in the world just repeated all what I said for the last 2 month you guys argued with me. Who is bullshiting now?
Im not sure what ā€œtheorieā€ youre referring to? What did i argue about? I never went against anything bugbee said. Im confused.

Fwiw the first round of his course was years ago. Second round in 2022. I did both and i loved everything about it.

weedemart

You are rude, you define it. But like a child when told something by an adult, your reply is ā€œno im notā€. Ive already told you to grow up so ill just say you will get a lot better feedback and substance from this forum if you come from a place of kindness. This is not meant to be a hot ā€œkitchenā€ man. We dont need back of house toxicity bullshit. Im all too familiar. This is a place for likeminded people to discuss the intricacies of Leds and how to produce the best quality outcome. You're abrasive in most of your replies. Its gotten you nowhere. When you make a point, back it up with more than just your word. Like where did all of those above figures come from? Can you produce anything to show those figures? If not, just keep it to yourself, because it all sounds like BS.
Ok explain this then.

You passed his course year ago , I came up with all this and you dont know. I never passed his course.

But now suddenly you know. Please.