What's new

Lebanese

D

Deleted member 465345

Here are some pictures from Aug 13.
These are F1 seedlings of Lebanese #5 x Nepal Jam.

L#5 was an especially potent plant from the 10 Lebanese females grown last year. The buds on these are more mature than either the Lebanese or Nepal Jam were at this time last year.
These plants were put outside in a blackberry patch in early June and have not been watered or tended to, other than 1 application of fertilizer shortly after planting. The smells from the plants with the bigger buds smell like the fruity Lebanese mixed with the creaminess from the Nepal Jam.

If these seeds turn out to be good I will plant more next year and inbreed/select the best, but this year is a test run to see if it's worth exploring.

All were pollinated with Purple Satellite pollen saved from last season.

#1 The best looking and smelling so far.
L5xNJ#1_8:15.jpg

L5xNJ#2_8:15.jpg

L5xNJ#3_8:15.jpg

L5xNJ#4_8:15.jpg

L5xNJ#5_8:15.jpg

L5xNJ#6_8:15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Piney

Here are some pictures from Aug 13.
These are seedling of Lebanese #5 x Nepal Jam.

L#5 was an especially potent plant from the 10 Lebanese females grown last year. The buds on these are more mature than either the Lebanese or Nepal Jam were at this time last year.
These plants were put outside in a blackberry patch in early June and have not been watered or tended to, other than 1 application of fertilizer shortly after planting. The smells from the plants with the bigger buds smell like the fruity Lebanese mixed with the creaminess from the Nepal Jam.

If these seeds turn out to be good I will plant more next year and inbreed/select the best, but this year is a test run to see if it's worth exploring.

All were pollinated with Purple Satellite pollen saved from last season.

#1 The best looking and smelling so far.
View attachment 19048848

View attachment 19048849

View attachment 19048850

View attachment 19048851

View attachment 19048853

View attachment 19048854
I'm amazed that they are this early. When did the Nepal jam flower compared to the Lebanese

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 465345

So as far as I understood, these are F1s? When did they start to flower?
Yes, these are F1s. I edited the original post to include this.
I'm not sure exactly when they started to flower but I would guess about 2 or 3 weeks ago?

D

Deleted member 465345

I'm amazed that they are this early. When did the Nepal jam flower compared to the Lebanese

This is a picture of the mother Lebanese plant on August 19 last year. It seems like #2 and #3 of the L5xNJ are about on par with the Lebanese flowering time, but the rest are more advanced than their mother.

5 lebansese 8-19.jpg

And this is a picture of a Nepal Jam female from august 19 2023, from the same generation of Nepal Jam seeds that the males came from. As you can see, it has just barely started to flower.

1 nepal jam.jpg

Old Piney

This is a picture of the mother Lebanese plant on August 19 last year. It seems like #2 and #3 of the L5xNJ are about on par with the Lebanese flowering time, but the rest are more advanced than their mother.

View attachment 19049186

And this is a picture of a Nepal Jam female from august 19 2023, from the same generation of Nepal Jam seeds that the males came from. As you can see, it has just barely started to flower.

View attachment 19049187
That's crazy , all I can think is the Napali use to make Napal Jam was extremely early and they are expressing that trait

D

Deleted member 465345

That's crazy , all I can think is the Napali use to make Napal Jam was extremely early and they are expressing that trait
Yes, I think it's that combined with the semi-auto/early onset of flower from the Lebanese.

D

Deleted member 465345

Update on L5 x Nepal Jam F1s. Pictures taken today.

They are getting plump but did have to cut off a bad spot on number #5.

I am not sure how much longer until they are ready. Anyone have a guess? The weather for the next week looks good and not much rain in the forecast. Hopefully they will make it.

L5XNJ_1.jpg

20240906_193755.jpg

20240906_193803.jpg

20240906_193830.jpg

20240906_193845.jpg

20240906_193903.jpg

Tranquilidade

Update on L5 x Nepal Jam F1s. Pictures taken today.

They are getting plump but did have to cut off a bad spot on number #5.

I am not sure how much longer until they are ready. Anyone have a guess? The weather for the next week looks good and not much rain in the forecast. Hopefully they will make it.

View attachment 19061386
View attachment 19061387

View attachment 19061388

View attachment 19061389

View attachment 19061390

View attachment 19061391
Keep them pushing if weather is fine.

acespicoli

Hi @acespicoli we usually work a new generation of a landrace already available when stocks are close to sold out, and that's not the current stock status for the Lebanese. We are currently focused on other projects, including some new incensey hybrids, and a genuine Kashmir hashplant indica, which has not been available to the public before.
:thinking: I should check the Leb stock at the usual retailers sound like,
behind on reading the emailed news letter admittedly.

a genuine Kashmir hashplant indica, sounds interesting and a great addition to the catalog
will check it out thanks for sharing the good news :huggg:

Sensistar42

Hi @acespicoli we usually work a new generation of a landrace already available when stocks are close to sold out, and that's not the current stock status for the Lebanese. We are currently focused on other projects, including some new incensey hybrids, and a genuine Kashmir hashplant indica, which has not been available to the public before.
Is it something similar to the Kashmir azad like bodh/bare frog had or something much different?

Latest posts

Latest posts