What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

last year Sensi Seeds was good?

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Non of any seed company owner is my real friend or family so if company have respect for me I give back respect to it. Thats all I grew many seed companies and seeds and I dont remember any shit plant or something alike yes they are different more potent,less potent,more terps,less terps..
Some seed companies lie about their genetics or lose parents to popular varieties and do not change their strain descriptions. Other companies use other people work and either do not give them credit or change names or even release seeds they agreed not to. When possible I prefer to support breeders or seed banks that have integrity.
It has nothing to do with being friends.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Some seed companies lie about their genetics or lose parents to popular varieties and do not change their strain descriptions. Other companies use other people work and either do not give them credit or change names or even release seeds they agreed not to. When possible I prefer to support breeders or seed banks that have integrity.
All seed businnes 99% of plants today and genetics are the seed bank or Sams seeds. Using other plants and genetics is part of this business.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Tell me few strains today that dont use any genetics that sombody hadnt made or use before ?
Obviously everyone got their genetics from someone. Not all are direct defendants of Sam or the seedbank. Just like not all are descendants of nevils work. Not denying the influence of these characters. But saying 99% is just plain bullshit.

Last edited:

moose eater

1999 in my opinion . I bought 5 k worth of beans and brought them back . Shiva Shanti , California Indica , Durban NL5hz Jack Herer .
I went back in 2003 and bought the same genetics , spent about half that and the majority were nothing like the original packs . The Durban was the worst .. 5 packs and it was hay .. Talk about being sad . I was young and didn’t have the inclination to breed them , I knew how to pollen chuck , it just never dawned on me that I wouldn’t have access to the same genetics . Hope this helps.
I had their California Indica circa 1997 that I brought back from A-Dam.

What was your experience with that strain?

For me she was potent with an initially notable 'up' high, productive, easy to grow, pungent terpenes like a bullhorn proclaiming "HEY, THERE"'S GOOD WEED HERE!!", made awesome dry-sieved hash (like old school blonde Lebanese) with great returns from sugar trim, and more.

I kept her alive clone-to-clone for about 25 years and just killed her last year.

Dime

I think there are 2 thoughts,one can say ripped off and the next guy says when i buy something it's mine and like anything else I buy I can do whatever I want with it. Feminised seeds cut that at the knees at the expense of limited diversity and you get what the person that selfed liked. Now the gene pool is even narrower as a result of feminised.In the old prohibition days some seeds costs $400 a pack so people preserved them. There weren't that many seed banks then and you got a good product every time and the seeds resulted in similar plants to the parents. The original vendors did not rename each others work and used their own selections and competed instead and if you made knockoffs you weren't taken seriously and doing so was considered greaseball tactics. I don't consider a vendor that only sells fems and autos to be a breeder in any way. A real breeder strives for reproducible plants and preserves. Today there is a lot of cookie cutter weed and people have fun with naming them or impressed by ornamentals.Mid 80s to 2000 had the best seed selection available to the public JMO

Last edited:

NLbred

Hey Need 4 seed
this is another one I harvested this year..it was solid buds but not much A5. It had some nose for sure..the buzz was better on this girl and smells were pine, spicey and it had the strongest smell..she was colorful and more indica high..the smoke was pretty strong but not sativa in nature or a keeper..64 days
NL
20240521_104242 (1).jpg

Senior Grower

Chili Canna Gourmet
I agree with most that has been said about breeders. For me, a breeder charging north of €/$ 10 per seed should not be another pollen chucker. By that I mean someone who sells unstabilised shit. Obviously, cannabis is a plant and biology sometimes shows different phenos. But - you don't get 5 or 6 phenos out of 5 or 6 plants, when and if the plants to produce the seeds have been properly stabilised. If you get such variation, the plant is some F2 or such. And that might be worth money as a mother for cuttings but not for a wild assortment of seeds.

If I want unstabilised seed, I'll turn to landraces or to cheap pollenchuckers. Real landraces are used even today to create new strains - just to counter the 99% claim that everything comes from Sam. They are the real base of all grown cannabis.

Wild and strange F2s or F3s etc. may be nice to experiment with but when you are a full-blown commercial breeder asking serious money you sell to people who normally don't want to select out of many different phenotypes. Else, your advertisement would not make wild claims about the plant you sell on your webpage implying something at least somewhat similar to all that advertisement gibberish will result. But when the reality is a lottery of plants this is not what buyers of Sensi or other seed companies are seeking.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user

Here is the link that shows original hashplant mother it look like mutated plant.

goingrey

Here is the link that shows original hashplant mother it look like mutated plant.

Can you post the picture instead of the link? Says "The link to this photo or video may be broken, or the post may have been removed" for me.