What's new

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out of 7 plants I found 2 potential keepers but are not sexed

Totally my faves. Short. Stocky. Stinky.

Green plants by law of nature are always more pungent and potent.

There are a few exceptions to the rule..

No sex showing
yet

20230627_080226.jpg
20230627_080215.jpg

therevverend

Veteran
I've got 3 Hopar Valley going, 2 purple and 1 green all female. Didn't have an easy time during germination and early veg. Popped them in late March when it's still cold and wet. They were unhappy until the weather switched to warm and dry in mid May. Since then they've been doing great. It seems like my soil mix was too rich, retained too much water during the wet months. Next time I'll go with a well screened porous mix light on organic matter when they're small.

They've come into their own since then, especially the bigger one that's caught up with plants that were twice it's size a month ago. Here's a look.

View media item 18711436
They have a wonderful smell, hard to describe. Reminds me if Deep Chunk and some other frosty varieties that I've grown. Not sweet or fruity or gassy, more hashy and 'purple'.

Dr.Mantis

14 weeks! That's some patience

Turned black eh? What's the smell like?

mm
These were clones of the moms, the black one finished purple, and this purple one finished green. I felt liked I harvest them too early the first go around. So this time I let them go till they stopped throwing me pistils. Honestly, 12 weeks was probably enough. The black one is truly black on certain parts, very pretty!

They both smell pretty similar. Kind of like that old bookshop or church muskiness? Not incense, but that old smell. The greener one also has touch of something sour to it.