What's new

Diary Koon's Outdoor adventures

Koondense

Veteran
Hi Ace people!
After some time I'm finally growing again, sadly can't grow indoors anymore(for now) so I decided to go the old way - outdoor guerrilla.
This season I was starting some autoflower plants and gave them all away for friends with balconies, I decided it's a good summer for trying it outdoors again.

The genetics:
Obviously the circumstances are favoring feminized seeds so I went through my seed stash to find a suitable variety, mainly looking for vigour, descrete smell, sturdiness and resistence to pests and molds.
After narrowing it down I decided to go with Ace's R&D cross - Bangi Congo x Panama.
I have experience growing it indoors, the plant had pretty much exactly what I wanted. Honestly not my "all time favorite" type of smoke but still a very good compromise for my needs.

The spot:
It's located in between the sea and the mountains(carsic region), basically an arid forest/savannah type of growth with lots of deer, jackals and boars.
The spot was selected with certain criteria in mind, mainly I was looking for absence of deer and boar tracks along with no hunter towers in vicinity. It's not far from a populated area which makes it easy to access, also there's a hiking starting point nearby.

The climate:
Typical mediterranian climate with a twist, basically a pretty arid area but with a good potential for summer storm formation right above it, so I don't need to go there too frequently for watering. Right now we are in the middle of a heat wave(max 35°C, min 23°C) which is lasting for 2 weeks and expecting at least one week more, maybe two.

The story so far:
I started 2 plants indoors at the window, they were slow to grow because of zero direct sunlight. Their grow pace was ok for me because of the transplanting timing. I was monitoring the coming heat wave and storms, so I put them out right before 4 days of storms which were preceding the heatwave. Good for the transition from indoors to outdoors.
I had help from my friend who was a blessing for digging the hole, made it way easier with another pair of hands.
We removed a lot of stones as the natural soil is pretty shallow, added 50L of Biobizz Allmix plus some guerrilla biotabs.
I visited twice during the max heat to add 10L of water for the two sisters and take some photos.

Before transplant - packed for the journey
Start_indoor.jpg

Outdoors - day zero
OD1_together.jpg

OD1_together scene.jpg

After 12 days outdoors
OD2_together.jpg

After 17 days outdoors(today)
OD3_together.jpg

With surrounding vegetation
OD3_together_scene.jpg

So far I'm very happy with how they're developing.
I don't want them to get big, so maybe I'll top and bend them in the coming weeks.
It was interesting to see the early leaves which developed indoors were all burnt from the strong sunshine and the new growth is way more "meaty" and healthy. The stem rub smell is quite piney and fresh which I really like. Smells subtle which is perfect, I don't need hungry deer around my plants.

I'm hoping for some rains but will take care of them if needed. Adding just water as the soil will hold enough nutrients until october.

That's all for now, I will post some more pics when I visit them again which will depend on the weather and rains(and heat).

Cheers

-maui-

Good Luck with the grow! I tryed Congo x Panama outdoor in Germany one time that had Panama scent. It didn't quite finish but it gave some buds, was a big plant. Properly finished it could have been great I guess.
The Indoor plant I tried from that cross was a different pheno, more woody type smell. I didn't like this one much, but It was very pretty to look at. Hope you find a high productive maroon colored panama leaner

Koondense

Veteran
Looking good thus far. I can see cashew trees so I am guessing you are not far from the Equator.

I'm actually nearer to the North pole than to the equator :)
The sea nearby is the northernmost part of the Mediterranian sea in southern central europe, between the Alps and Dinaric Alps.
The trees are actually "smoke bush" or as we call it "ruj". It turns in all possible orange/red colors in autumn, really intense and beautiful. There are also a lot of pines around so maybe the plants will pick some essence from them.

Good Luck with the grow! I tryed Congo x Panama outdoor in Germany one time that had Panama scent. It didn't quite finish but it gave some buds, was a big plant. Properly finished it could have been great I guess.
The Indoor plant I tried from that cross was a different pheno, more woody type smell. I didn't like this one much, but It was very pretty to look at. Hope you find a high productive maroon colored panama leaner

Thanks,
I also had a woody pheno indoors and it was not among my favorites, these two seem different so I hope to have some proper Panama influence, fresh lemony goodness with some pine. That would be delicious.
They are very similar but one(left) seems to be more vigorous with slightly longer internodes. But honestly it's still too early to be sure of anything, maybe in early september I'll be able to tell more, if they survive.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
My other project(besides starting some more autoflowers) will be to plant a longer flowering plant in another area, similar style but with a lighter soil.
I'm considering another R&D hybrid I already had indoors, the Green Haze#19 x Bangi Haze.
I guess I'll start the seed this week and transplant in early august, so the plant will stay small and hard to spot.

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Back from the woods!
Paid a visit to the girls, they surely were in need of water since there was almost no rainfall in the last two weeks.
I found them near the point of starting to dry up and get damaged, so they will be totally fine.
Gave them 10L of water and if the weather will stay similar to the current state I'll have to keep watering every 10 days to keep them healthy.
Honestly I would not mind a bit slower growth in veg so maybe some lack of water will keep them smaller.
Their vigor was expected however so I was prepared with some sticks to tie them lower and spread the canopy in a bush shape instead of the tree type of growth.

The situation 30 days after transplanting in nature
OD_together_30days.jpg

You can see the stick at around 45 degrees to keep one of them low.

The ladies after the treatment
OD_together_30days_bent.jpg

They were both topped and I ate both tops, one(left) is very mild tasting while the right more elongated one is a bit spicier.
Took two lowest branches to clone, if they will push roots I'll give them to one of my friends.

I think now they will enter in the most important phase which is getting robust and start flower/stretch period in the next month.
I expect quite some stretch especially from the right one so I'll take care to tie them more the next time I visit.

I'll post more updates in mid august hopefully. Also will do some rain dancing :)

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Quick update.
The days are again insanely hot, not so much the temperature alone but the humidity makes it dangerous to be outside for more than half hour.
There were supposed to be some light rains in the past week but not near enough water for the plants, so I went to give them a bit of water to survive the coming week which will be even hotter.
I hope it will be the last heat wave, expecting 36°C and 60%+ humidity which could also mean there will be some storms here and there.

The plants were almost starting to dry, I guess if I was not there today or this weekend, they would probably die of drought.
OD_9aug_both_dry.jpg

Still looking healthy and it seems the tops are starting to go in preflower mode, so I'm very happy to make the right call and bring them water today.
Will visit again sometime next week to check the situation.

Take care and stay in the shade if possible.

Cheers

Maria Sanchez

Great work for your guerilla grow.
My girls have nearly dried out a couple of times now.
Luckily I got to them in time, and they bounced right back!
Some of mine have just shown signs of flowering, too.
I'll do a little rain dance for you, too.
All the best for the upcoming stretch phase!

Koondense

Veteran
Yeah, always gotta take care of your plants, they are like kids.
I went the almost all natural way(biobizz+local soil) so zero water retaining additives or things of this sort. Some "growers" I know(people with a few grows but very low success because of not taking care of things) always add "agrogel" on the bottom of the hole but I think it's not a good option for autumn, when there are frequent rains so the roots can start rotting.
The carsic soil is very special, pretty rich with minerals but too shallow and porous, has lots of limestone so it dries very fast. It was a calculated challenge after all and visiting was the point :)
No visits - no adventure - no love - no pics - no journal :D

Made another bad pic
OD_9aug_both_dry2.jpg

We need more rain, let's dance!

Cheers*

*(takes tequila shot) ;)

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, always gotta take care of your plants, they are like kids.
I went the almost all natural way(biobizz+local soil) so zero water retaining additives or things of this sort. Some "growers" I know(people with a few grows but very low success because of not taking care of things) always add "agrogel" on the bottom of the hole but I think it's not a good option for autumn, when there are frequent rains so the roots can start rotting.
The carsic soil is very special, pretty rich with minerals but too shallow and porous, has lots of limestone so it dries very fast. It was a calculated challenge after all and visiting was the point :)
No visits - no adventure - no love - no pics - no journal :D

Made another bad pic
View attachment 19045632

We need more rain, let's dance!

Cheers*

*(takes tequila shot) ;)
Im sure she will bounce back after a good drink 🌧️

Latest posts

Latest posts