What's new

KIS Grow

KIS

Figured I'd share my grow on here. This is GG#4. Room is new so plants got bigger than I wanted while I nursed the clones I received back to health and dealt with thrips that came in with them. I've got 2 - 4x4 beds under BIOS lights with KIS Organics Biochar Soil.

I sprayed the plants with Monterey Horticultural Oil 2x at a 3 day interval to knock back the thrips then followed that up with a release of SF Nematodes and Swirskii. I haven't found any insects in the room since on my sticky cards (I had fungus gnats and thrips initially). Only thing that pops up are an invasive Japanese Stink Bug, but they don't seem to be eating my plants and they are everywhere in my area. I've had to take a few of them out of the room.

I haven't fed or fertilized with anything but water. This soil I actually got delivered 18 months before I was able to plant into it and it was sitting outside in the totes (closed up). I live in WA state too so lots of rain, but soil has been doing just fine. I plan on soil testing here about 2 weeks from harvest and then I'll amend based off the soil test most likely or use a Nutrient Pack to raise fertility before starting the next round.

I mentioned in another thread I'm experimenting with under canopy air flow. So far I really like it and these greenhouse convection tubes make it affordable. This is 12 plants total. I have a 15 plant limit for medical.
IMG_1447.jpeg
IMG_1566.jpeg
Screen Shot 2024-01-10 at 8.22.20 AM.png

Bio boy

Figured I'd share my grow on here. This is GG#4. Room is new so plants got bigger than I wanted while I nursed the clones I received back to health and dealt with thrips that came in with them. I've got 2 - 4x4 beds under BIOS lights with KIS Organics Biochar Soil.

I sprayed the plants with Monterey Horticultural Oil 2x at a 3 day interval to knock back the thrips then followed that up with a release of SF Nematodes and Swirskii. I haven't found any insects in the room since on my sticky cards (I had fungus gnats and thrips initially). Only thing that pops up are an invasive Japanese Stink Bug, but they don't seem to be eating my plants and they are everywhere in my area. I've had to take a few of them out of the room.

I haven't fed or fertilized with anything but water. This soil I actually got delivered 18 months before I was able to plant into it and it was sitting outside in the totes (closed up). I live in WA state too so lots of rain, but soil has been doing just fine. I plan on soil testing here about 2 weeks from harvest and then I'll amend based off the soil test most likely or use a Nutrient Pack to raise fertility before starting the next round.

I mentioned in another thread I'm experimenting with under canopy air flow. So far I really like it and these greenhouse convection tubes make it affordable. This is 12 plants total. I have a 15 plant limit for medical.
View attachment 18944494 View attachment 18944495 View attachment 18944496
Between the last 2 pics did u do any training lol that’s some explosive growth

Stuntzii

Wow sick grow. I like the raised bed, the plants have the freedom to really grow and fill out.
I would like to try something similar with the fabric style bed, is this something you built yourself? What kind of fabric is that?

Reactions: KIS

KIS

Wow sick grow. I like the raised bed, the plants have the freedom to really grow and fill out.
I would like to try something similar with the fabric style bed, is this something you built yourself? What kind of fabric is that?
These are Grassroots Fabric Beds. We have them at KIS but they're widely available. I like to put in at least 1/2 yard per 4x4 bed, which works out to 10" depth. You can always go deeper but that's the minimum we are experienced with in commercial facilities and know that it works. Smart Pots would be another brand, but just be careful with super cheap fabric beds out of China, I've seen some heavy metal tests that were high in lead and had other issues.

Latest posts

Latest posts