What's new

Diary Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

Stonerbudz

Killing it with Urban Legends Cookies, Mandarine & Sour Cheese (auto) under MH FC3000

We're doing it again!
After a less than ideal last grow I want to get back to basics and grow some weed without too much hassle.
Since I won the FC3000 light at the Mars Hydro giveaway here I am in their subforum for showing this grow.
I must say first impressions about the light are great. Very powerful, runs cool, aluminium is sturdy and has some weight to it. I am keeping it at 25 to 30 cm away from seedlings tops and at 10% setting. Even at this setting it still light up the room when you open up the tent. So I am very happy with it and, asI said before, I actually think this is the perfect light for my needs and for the space I got of 1 sq meter. Before I won it at the giveaway it was my dream light. So thank you very much Mars Hydro Led !
Ok, let's start the party!
As I had some nice autos from Urban Legends that is what we gonna use:
View attachment 17968658
And since then, the story sits like this:
View attachment 17968659 I still have some changes to do before really starting this grow (like installing my new Mars Hidro tent, cleaning everything ect.), and I will soon have to transplant them into the final pots, so that's when I will probably come back with more details.
So far the temps and humidity are very close to perfect, with VPD of 10 to 12 mbar.
Soil mix is a premium planter soiless mix with added perlite and vermiculite.
Thank you for coming by.
Have a seat! Let's have a puff! :joint:
Very nice start so far! Keep it up can’t wait to see the full results

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Buds, episode 1:
noexif_bc8040e6.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Will stay in paper bags for 1-2 more days. Then it's jar time. I only managed to destem like half of them so far! I also puffed some, and its very smooth smoke already. I am vaping some now, as I type. ;)
Hope to take more pics later or tommorow when I do the rest!

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Let me start by telling you guys and gals making cheese isn't easy!
After you grow it for months, you hang it upside down to dry:
noexif_f87845f0.jpg

And then you end up with a pile a cheese to bag:
noexif_4675413d.jpg

Closer look:
noexif_0ad2c110.jpg

The pile is just about 2 thirds of total. After weighting some buds I would say it will be somewhere upwards of 400 gr but dunno by how much. The tops and full branches I sampled in the 2 weeks before harvest should be another 20 to 30 gr that already missing from the pile, so without the low quality popcorn counted I expect over 1.5 gpw. Maybe a bit more but not by much. For now I forgot even how many watts the lamp draws on full power so no ideea. I'm just guessing. We'll see in a few days, when I jar them. :wave:

bibi40

Let me start by telling you guys and gals making cheese isn't easy!
After you grow it for months, you hang it upside down to dry: View attachment 18127638
And then you end up with a pile a cheese to bag:
View attachment 18127641
Closer look:
View attachment 18127637
The pile is just about 2 thirds of total. After weighting some buds I would say it will be somewhere upwards of 400 gr but dunno by how much. The tops and full branches I sampled in the 2 weeks before harvest should be another 20 to 30 gr that already missing from the pile, so without the low quality popcorn counted I expect over 1.5 gpw. Maybe a bit more but not by much. For now I forgot even how many watts the lamp draws on full power so no ideea. I'm just guessing. We'll see in a few days, when I jar them. :wave:
much better ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Saw you started following me man,
Not armed are ya 😂
1.5gpw, nice result.
Tell me, how far do you dry your buds? To the point they crumble into dust when pressure is applied? To the point they feel dry but have a little moisture left? I'll tell you why I ask. I've never hit a gpw but then I (what others consider) overdry my buds. They couldn't get drier or I'd dry them more, wondering if I'm giving false lows if you see what I mean.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Heya man, no ideea what happened there, I did not started following you recently from what I remember! But all good, just friendly stalking from me! :wave:
Keep in mind so far is just an estimation, altrough I expect to end over that. My past harvest been between 1.7 to 1.8 gpw in soil, so while this isn't the most yelding run I did, and for sure not the best yelding genetics, but oh man it rocks in quality and finishes quite fast.
I usually go for around 55% RH for storage! That is a bit on the dry side for others, almost crumbling down from too dry, but still a bit "rubbery". they burn perfectly without having to wait to dry more. Some store their buds at 60%+ but I find you still have to let them at room conditions after grinding for a bit of time to burn perfectly. I would say I am closer to overdrying, but not quite there.
But don't worry, between almost too wet to smoke and almost too dry too smoke, there isn't more than let's say 10% weight diference, so if we both like our weed drier than others, must mean we are even closer than that. I could have weighted them right there and I would have priobably been less than 5% over the weight of jarring stage. But i prefer to weight after I dry them to almost storage conditions, so like around 58% if I plan on storing at 55%. I am still slow drying at 60-65% air RH and low temps, tho, so that is why it takes a bit. I plan on also doing a nice retouch of the trim job then, before weighting and jarring.
As an end note, buds should have some humidity in them to burn right.
50-55% I would say at least. Even horrible rake dry smoking buds should still be around 30-40% RH. Under 20% RH they would be really dust, fighting to stay toghether. You shouln't even be able to get there under regular home environment conditions..
Btw, later today I should start my new thread, so feel free to be a stalker as well, man! :wave:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Interesting, so you weren't on at 4-51am this morning? New site, sure there will be a few anomalies popping up. I really must order a hydrometer, I wouldn't know 20% from 60%.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
No, and I also found you on my ignore list after you posted, altrough I never put anyone there ever.. Weird stuff. Unless I am doing things in my sleep!
Maybe @StevenHXF knows something about this?

Btw I worked so much with RH meters and sensors that by now my nose can tell me pretty well what rh is in a room or in a jar.. And by grinding and smoking some I can for sure tell the same about some nugs. I would say I am a bit more precise than within 5% by now. The best digital sensors I use are within 2%, so I guess I need a break from measuring RH? :D

highfidelity

No, and I also found you on my ignore list after you posted, altrough I never put anyone there ever.. Weird stuff. Unless I am doing things in my sleep!
Maybe @StevenHXF knows something about this?

Btw I worked so much with RH meters and sensors that by now my nose can tell me pretty well what rh is in a room or in a jar.. And by grinding and smoking some I can for sure tell the same about some nugs. I would say I am a bit more precise than within 5% by now. The best digital sensors I use are within 2%, so I guess I need a break from measuring RH? :D
Lol I've definitely not gotten RH down like that yet. I have gained a pretty good eye for dry trimmed yeild of plants before they come down though. Guessed my buddies 4x4 tent within 5g lol gotta love those niche skills 😂

Latest posts

Latest posts