What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Ken's Grand Daddy Purple

Psi Haze

I NEVER seen Cherry Pie throw ballz.. Cherry Kush, yes.. post some picts of what you are getting, guys..

Looks like I was wrong about the Cherry Pie, I had it throw a couple of 7 leaflets when the temps were over 100f. I still think (GDP x OG Kush) is being traded as Cherry Pie and the Cherry Kush is the sativa one with Durban and very little GDP in it..

Sorry about the weak pictures, I was testing some clones, I always test every clone in 1 gallon buckets. If I like the clone, I run it in larger yields for personal use. Both of these clones were given the same home-mixed fertilizer in 1 gallon coco/perlite buckets, both were placed outdoor late in the season and the pictures from both of these clones were taken on the same date. The date was probably mid-to-late November in NorCal, daily temps in 60s/70s, night temps in the 40s/50s. "Cherry Kush" has the fake OG with Thai in it, and the Cherry Pie has the real* OG (from what I remember in Los Angeles during my youth*).

Cherry Pie, tastes and smells like the real SoCal OG Kush, grows a lot like a GDP with purples if temps get into the 50s/60s.:

picture.php

picture.php

This is the Cherry Kush, she tastes and smells VERY weird, I smell that Durban in her. She is not spicy like the Cherry Pie with a hard indica profile, She is much of an "odd fruity" flavor, a little bit spicy, NO PURPLES AT ANY TEMP, She throws 7 and 9 leaflets:

picture.php

picture.php

In all fact, I prefer the Cherry Kush since I seeded her with a C99 - Brothers's Grimm Original male (F1). My BG seed pack was 15 years old and in a freezer 99.99999999% of the time, 8/10 germination. My Gawd.. The Cherry Kush x C99 hybrid I have, I call her X-mas.. Smells like a Christmas tree, 80% sativa, 9-11 leaves, GOBBLEBUSTERS of THC.

Last edited:

circadian clock

this thread is a perfect example of trolling gone wrong, he didn't even no I was talking shit about him, thought I was his friend, even posted a visitor message, I bet he did have the real GDP and everybody was hating because they got fakes, sounds real familiar . he must never read the study they did on trolling. textbook example.

eskimo

Veteran
Its so funny reading this thread ( like sooooo many others)....its like this game we playd when we where young ...broken telephone ...you newer know what comes out at the end because everything gets mixt up lol

circadian clock

that's the one where u tell this person something this next person repeats and at the end of it. its nowhere near what was originally said.

This thread is the true definition of first world problems.

"Oh my friend told me it was true so it has to be true because he grows fire and must know everything about weed and be so connected to everyone"

"No, your wrong I grow fire and I am super connected, so you are wrong and your friend is a lying scammer."

Obviously someone is wrong but this style of argument is fruitless. Marijuana potency and tastes are subjective to each smoker and tryn to compare stuff like that on the internet is impossible. How many buds have you smoked that look immaculate turn out to be shwag and how many times opposite. Until you have a bud in your hand and smoke it you have no clue

pekelo44

Ken himself stated that Ken's GDP is not a GDP x Champaign strain it is GDP x GDP. He stated that everyone may have crossed his GDP strain with other strains and called it GDP. When people say GDP sux ass maybe they got a strain not made by Ken at all.. they may have got a strain with GDP characteristics Big Bud x Purple Erkle. Ken stated that he was gifted the Big Bud cut and crossed it with his Purple Erkle and wah lah GDP was born. I found a cut of Ken's GDP and grew it out and yes it was amazing it smelled skunky and funky it grew out nugs bigger than a can of Menudo. If I find another cut of that fine herb I will hopefully achieve what made me want another cut the huge nugs

pekelo44

..it is, man.. I know there is no Durban in the Cherry Pie going around in NorCal. I've got the clone from probably 5 different sources on different occasions and all were the same. WTF is F1?

Anyway, I can taste the SoCal OG in what we are getting as "Cherry Pie", it is the dominant trait. ..I wished I knew.

SideWing.. I was in Oakland, SF, or Berkeley, about 15 years ago and found the Champagne there, although I forgot which club. Dude... The resin was great, 8/10. The yield was insane, 10/10. The taste was awesome, tasted like berries and a hint of skunk with a dry aftertaste, 9/10. (I reserve the 10/10 taste for only the finest blueberry, 1,000s of samples, only 3x 10/10).

If I had to guess, it was a Skunk x BlueBerry x Thai hybrid of some sort, bitchen pheno..

F1 Durban Poison is a mix of some OG Kush and a few others and crossed with Durban Poison. I saw the genetics here on ICMag but I can no longer find the post.

Bluto

Ran Kens GDP seeds from Hilltop, loved it. Seen a lot of the legit norcal cut very similar.With Kens seeds you do get white phones and some heavy urkle leaners. I've bought meds from Hilltop and their GDP was fire. GDP tests low in THC put it hits me hard sometimes. I made crosses and seen some season smokers crippled. It does smell of grapes but there is a strong and unique lilac like floral perfume that is a dead give away. The Pink Champagne Kens breeders speak of is some mystery cut they acquired in the Bay. Real champagne is some old HP cross that is meh.. GDP is serious fire and probably shares some afghani heritage with Blueberry IMHO. Its slow to veg a heavy feeder during bloom little stretch but is density makes the yield less painful...

Latest posts

Latest posts