What's new

Karma Genetics - A5Haze S1 + Bandaid Haze 7 x A5Haze fem TEST

LostTribe

Premium user
Finally got the hps going as you can see from the yellow tint. I really want to get one of these LED's before summer. Anyway, I repotted the bandaids and Nevil's so they are all in separate pots now. Also set up drip and feeding every 4 hrs. All plants have grown quite a bit since I added the hps.

A5Haze
picture.php

Group shot
picture.php

A5's on the left, Bandaid Haze 7 x A5 middle and to the rigth Nevil's. Nevil's were germinated ~2 weeks ahead and will get topped as soon as I see them grow again following repotting yesterday.

LT

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Some years ago - before I vent LED - I didn´t use my HPS
before I flipped from 18/6 to 12/12.

For veg I used MH. Less Watt than my HPS.
I learned that, that would give me a better final result

Best growluck Mate :woohoo:

P :smoke:

gatts

LT, love your passion bro. Nice work on the irri system. The HPS will do you justice. Peace out.

LostTribe

Premium user
Guess what?

LED's Arrived! HLG 260w v2 3000k knockoff and its Bright! Got it about 2 feet from tallest plant, is that enough distance?

Also a lot of growth in 3 days under the HPS. As you can see one of the A5's is short and fat looking but of course its still very early. I'd love to find a short quick version of this fine lady!

A5's on the left, 3 Bandaids center and the 3 Nevil's were topped and are approaching 12 inches in height so I may put them in with my others if I can fit them so they can begin journey.
picture.php

As you can see the back A5 is looking shorter and fatter leaves.
picture.php

Bandaid Haze 7 x A5 looking happy!
picture.php

Everyone have a fantastic Weekend!
LT

THC123

Veteran
They looking fantastic and I see they grow really fast on coco!

With the LED you'lll notice the plants growing much more compact!!!

You got it from alibaba??

LostTribe

Premium user
They looking fantastic and I see they grow really fast on coco!

With the LED you'lll notice the plants growing much more compact!!!

You got it from alibaba??

No but I am in contact w/ a few manufactures over there. They are mostly shutdown and I didn't want to chance the plague plus this got delivered in 2 days.

I am going to grab some components if the virus is stopped if not I've got this to get thru the zombie apocalypse.

I hung the driver up off the board and man that thing was heating up. I am hoping they will help with the tendency of Sativa's to shoot through the roof literally. The heat off of my HPS is just too much if this works out I will definitely make the full leap over. Also nice that I can see what the plant actually looks like instead of guessing due to the yellow from an HPS. Time will tell.

I am stoked for this shorty A5! And this Cuban Black Haze mix too! All of them actually! Might just leave the indica's behind.

THC123

Veteran
Yeah me too, these haze's will be ready for summer. Nice soaring highs with warm weather !!!!!!! I prefer sativas in summer!!!

Regarding heat, I don't know about your lights but mine are so cool that I will be even to grow in summer without problems. For hps my exhaust was at 100% and I had also active air intake, even in winter. The thing with HPS is that even when temps are okay and distance to lights is okay, they radiate large amounts of IR that heats up the plants. In good grow room this is no problem, but up to now in tents I have always had big problems with this.

With the LED i have now my exhaust is at 10% at the moment and I had to remove the air intake to get to 22-24 degrees celsius. Or else it is too cold to grow lol. Love it!! I am sure quality and terps will be much better than with a HPS in a confined space!!!

LostTribe

Premium user
I think the new LED is too strong for these so I dimmed it all the way down for now and will give them more time to adjust.

Karma is correct that these will grow much skinnier leaves and will also stretch a great deal more than any pure indica or hybrid. These are more like a landrace.

I hope to top the A5's (except the small one needs a bit more time) as well as the Bandaid Haze once they reach the 4th node and then probably remove the lower node sets after the stretch really gets going. Plan on these to keep on stretching without much sign of pistils and even when pistils begin to show they will take a lot longer to multiply and rippen.

I also plan to flip to 12/12 shortly after topping. They will be fine. I also plan to keep my feedings at a lower EC until they show they need something more. When I grew OTH they were N burned from FFOF and too much PBP. I am currently in pure coco which may change to a lightly amended coir if I up pot again later on. I will keep them on Veg nutes after flipping to 12/12 until they show that they are recovered from topping.

Pics later this week. I will try to do weekly updates.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Well I started to see cal deficiency on the BH7A5's and some yellowing on the NH so as I have but 1 run half way through and its no where near perfect in pure coco I carefully repotted all plants in a soil mix just hoping it is mild enough so they don't get burned. I also flipped to 12/12 last night as I believe they will keep on stretching plenty long enough to get to a nice size and still be somewhat manageable.

These really deserve to be in organic soil anyway. I will just have to micro manage them with hand watering but might have to set the drip up once more as I have work which will keep me away for about one more week.

I will update later this week. Hoping for the best but I still have half of each pack just in case. No more messing around with these precious genes.
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Ok now I am on to something. I swear I will never run more than one new or different component or change more than 1 aspect from grow to grow again.

I believe the new LED was a main source of my issues. I removed the 3 most affected/yellowing/purple stem plants and put them under a couple T5's and 48 hours later they are already back to green. I have dimmed the light to low and will leave it there. Something didn't click when they said it could output as much as a 500w HID. Its a knockoff hlg 260 and the tent is small. I do have it vented. Tomorrow I will put them all under the flos until then recover. Last run was still too much light w 400 hps dimmed to 250 so that's has to be my issue.

One of the bandaids has started to recover and wasn't nearly as affected as the others. I had trouble in this space last time I had a real light in there and think most of my recent problems are due to too much light. Small plants and just them not being ready to take that much.

But still these LED's are powerful as heck. If I figure out how to get them running I might grab another one. I'll try to get some pics up in a few more days. Feeling lucky I may have found the issue.

Gotta find out what the recommended height above plants for this thing is if anyone has suggestions?

LostTribe

Premium user
Well they are on the mend. The Bandaid Haze A5 are doing fine now but the A5 are both just stunted. One of the A5 is staying way short and not really growing. The other just seems stunted. One of the BHA5's looks super though and is just blowing up.

I put that BHA5 into 12/12 today along with the one NH that showed female. The other 2 NH are male. She is the stretchiest of the three so far. The BHA5 has super fat stems and has been the easiest growing of all these starts.

I will get some new pics up soon.

asdfasf

Well they are on the mend. The Bandaid Haze A5 are doing fine now but the A5 are both just stunted. One of the A5 is staying way short and not really growing. The other just seems stunted. One of the BHA5's looks super though and is just blowing up.

I put that BHA5 into 12/12 today along with the one NH that showed female. The other 2 NH are male. She is the stretchiest of the three so far. The BHA5 has super fat stems and has been the easiest growing of all these starts.

I will get some new pics up soon.
I never knew that you could have too much light because in the times of hps bulbs you would burn your plant with IR before it got too much light. I had the same issues as you with one of my Amnesia Hazes. The plant was stunted until I dimmed the light and whenever I turned it up I would get patchy bleaching. I run it at half power now and like two feet above the plants. I think I should have given them much less light during veg. Maybe they would have been bigger by now

LostTribe

Premium user
I never knew that you could have too much light because in the times of hps bulbs you would burn your plant with IR before it got too much light. I had the same issues as you with one of my Amnesia Hazes. The plant was stunted until I dimmed the light and whenever I turned it up I would get patchy bleaching. I run it at half power now and like two feet above the plants. I think I should have given them much less light during veg. Maybe they would have been bigger by now

I just put transplanted cuttings in under the damned LED and its already doing them in at 12 hours. Splotchy leafs already so dimmed it back down. They are 3 ft under the sucker now too.

The hazes are under 1k hps dimmed to 400 as its only a 3x3. They look fine this morning.

I'll get a pic up shortly.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,leds have a learning curve to them,both i how to use them and then how to adjust your feed program to compensate...

my a5 stuff was raised under led for the most part except early on when they were under cfl's...i had to jack the leds waaaay up to keep them happy until they adjusted...

LostTribe

Premium user
yup,leds have a learning curve to them,both i how to use them and then how to adjust your feed program to compensate...

my a5 stuff was raised under led for the most part except early on when they were under cfl's...i had to jack the leds waaaay up to keep them happy until they adjusted...

Thanks for that Unc! I am second thinking grabbing more for the summer at least for now. I wanted to get my main area lit by all HLG knockoffs for the heat and power consumption, which would even let me use more ac without killing me on the bills. For now I am going to wait and see. Actually may get the 250w into my 3x3 and see if it will light the entire canopy which they said it should but I wanted to get 2 for that so maybe....

I think I will need to pop the other A5's and keep everything dialed down. Gonna think on that for the next few days. I have 1 that's ok size but nothing like this BHA5 that's doing great.

Pic in a minute. Need to up it.

Latest posts

Latest posts