What's new

JUICY FRUIT

GoatCheese

Veteran
Sorry for keeping this off topic from JF, but here are few photos of the cheap Thai they sell in Adam. The photos are from 2001 and 2005 but it looked exactly the same around 2013-2015, and the smoke reports are very comparable to the stuff i had on few different trips

https://www.smokersguide.com/hashweed/151/thai.html

thai_freeworld_marijuana.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	thai_freeworld_marijuana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.3 KB ID:	17953494

https://www.smokersguide.com/hashwee...n_sa_thai.html

khunsa_thai_utopia_marijuana.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	khunsa_thai_utopia_marijuana.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	17953495

romanoweed

Shure pure Gooey smelled like Multivitamin Fruity Juice non the less. I grew them .

All i know is that someone claims to have old Juicy Fruit Seeds. If someone wants links, just PM. But only if youre ready to buy from "not-everything-100,00 professional looking sites"

It may be the pure version (if there are even Afghani outcrosses in circulation).

There is also a MOM Gooey cut aviable, if someone wants to get link . That one is a tiny bit better than pure gooey i guess.

There is also the "purple Thai" sold by Kyle Kushman. It may be the pure Oregonpurplethai says my Feeling. I would recommend those (based on my educated Guess).

Lots of shortflowering Thai-heavy stuff out there.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
If you find any seeds in that low quality imported weed, grow them, you might have some beautiful surprise, believe me.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Sorry for keeping this off topic from JF, but here are few photos of the cheap Thai they sell in Adam. The photos are from 2001 and 2005 but it looked exactly the same around 2013-2015, and the smoke reports are very comparable to the stuff i had on few different trips

https://www.smokersguide.com/hashweed/151/thai.html

https://www.smokersguide.com/hashwee...n_sa_thai.html

Probably its thai grown in Lazarat at this time :)...Rearly in Amsterdam you get real buds behind name that sells it.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I have taken a screen shot and i will bring this up with Gypst i am sick of being bullied in this forum and i am not responding to any more of your posts .

Rest up and contemplate your 1 week ban for once again taking the thread off track by spamming yourself after a warning, and bullying/threatening a Mod! :tiphat:

Raho

Veteran
Shure pure Gooey smelled like Multivitamin Fruity Juice non the less. I grew them .

All i know is that someone claims to have old Juicy Fruit Seeds. If someone wants links, just PM. But only if youre ready to buy from "not-everything-100,00 professional looking sites"

It may be the pure version (if there are even Afghani outcrosses in circulation).

There is also a MOM Gooey cut aviable, if someone wants to get link . That one is a tiny bit better than pure gooey i guess.

There is also the "purple Thai" sold by Kyle Kushman. It may be the pure Oregonpurplethai says my Feeling. I would recommend those (based on my educated Guess).

Lots of shortflowering Thai-heavy stuff out there.

And where would somebody buy this Kyle Kushman Purple Thai Romano?
Is this a seedline or a cut?
Thanks

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I never considered Albania as a source. It all adds up though. They were Europe's biggest weed producer for decades. I just didn't know.
They would be off-loading it on Amsterdam year after year. That rather green coloured brick that was still moist I imagine. The African bush was always brown and dry. Compressed more, and no chance of growing the seeds. Many of which were broken under the extreme pressure of bricking it. Unlike the green one. From Albania it can just be driven to Amsterdam in a day, with no problems. No need to brick it up properly to fully exploit smuggling methods.

The Albanian being sold as Thai, year after year, is the only likely story. It would have nowhere else to go.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Albania was (and perhaps still is) the largest producer of weed in Europe, however I disagree with this coffeshop thing, when I got imported Jamaican and Durban weed in the coffeshops, I found some seeds and I cultivated them, the Durban plants were certainly hybrid, but they had the classic flavor of anise and licorice,and Jamaican gave extremely nld plants, which in December had not finished flowering yet and had buds that were more like ears of wheat ...
Nothing commercial looking ....
The herb produced in Albania is the classic skunk / afghan that goes around the streets of Europe, and maybe even ends up in the coffee shops, but not like Thai or anything else ...

Ps do not forget the large quantities of pressed weed that arrives from Africa in European ports every month ....

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
I never considered Albania as a source. It all adds up though. They were Europe's biggest weed producer for decades. I just didn't know.
They would be off-loading it on Amsterdam year after year. That rather green coloured brick that was still moist I imagine. The African bush was always brown and dry. Compressed more, and no chance of growing the seeds. Many of which were broken under the extreme pressure of bricking it. Unlike the green one. From Albania it can just be driven to Amsterdam in a day, with no problems. No need to brick it up properly to fully exploit smuggling methods.

The Albanian being sold as Thai, year after year, is the only likely story. It would have nowhere else to go.

sounds good , except someone already confirmed the stuff in the coffee shop was exactly the same as they got in bangkok ,
if you check a few post earlier you ll see ....

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user

Albanians are one of the strongest crime sindicate in NL https://nltimes.nl/2018/04/18/albani...erworld-police

They probably sell what they grow not import from africa....claiming that you can know from where does brick weed come from with smoke report is just funny....

https://steemit.com/weed/@modiggy/al...annabis-plants probably this is your THAI...

Sry for offtopic..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Albania was (and perhaps still is) the largest producer of weed in Europe, however I disagree with this coffeshop thing, when I got imported Jamaican and Durban weed in the coffeshops, I found some seeds and I cultivated them, the Durban plants were certainly hybrid, but they had the classic flavor of anise and licorice,and Jamaican gave extremely nld plants, which in December had not finished flowering yet and had buds that were more like ears of wheat ...
The herb produced in Albania is the classic skunk / afghan that goes around the streets of Europe, and maybe even ends up in the coffee shops, but not like Thai or anything else ...

Ps do not forget the large quantities of pressed weed that arrives from Africa in European ports every month ....

Yeah, typically the African was brown brick with crushed or inverted seeds, but occasionally we got it a bit different and grew a few out. Most brick does quite well indoors. Passable as skunk. I believe it was African as that community thought it to be true. I'm in the UK so not a fast boat ride from Morocco. It's possible that as it moved through Spain, picking up value, that it was compressed some more. As it would come in through customs, not around them.
I know Albanians. They describe it as green brick. Not like the Skunk I show them. They sent it everywhere, even over seas. You would have to find it everywhere in Europe.

sounds good , except someone already confirmed the stuff in the coffee shop was exactly the same as they got in bangkok ,
if you check a few post earlier you ll see ....
I missed that. Without wanting to appear rude, I won't go looking. I like to see for myself, or I'm as happy to take your word as theirs. It's just talk. We see pages of argument on these subjects. I know people that say non of the Amsterdam Thai is Thai. It's all just words, unless we see for ourselves. Even then it's sketchy. No farm has the same plants in the same soil getting the same weather, each year. With the same processing... it goes on. Some farmers try their best to keep hold of traditional plants, but money is money. Most will switch to the more profitable beans in a flash. Then what we get is bricked up, fermented and dried.

Albanians are one of the strongest crime sindicate in NL https://nltimes.nl/2018/04/18/albani...erworld-police

They probably sell what they grow not import from africa....claiming that you can know from where does brick weed come from with smoke report is just funny....

https://steemit.com/weed/@modiggy/al...annabis-plants probably this is your THAI...

Sry for offtopic..

A smoke report? Who would do that. Even smoking it yourself is not telling you much. If I don't see it growing, I don't know where it's from. However, After Africans keep saying something is theirs, and you can see the traits, then you get to know what it's meant to be. The plants are constantly evolving though, and how it's processed. We don't see what we saw in the 80s and 90s now. The white man has made his mark. Paying people to do his seed, and package it his way. Until it's grown in Africa, but even an African growing it, is having their doubts. We saw a thread recently where two people who lived in Thailand for years, couldn't find any common ground over what Thai was. Logically speaking, the plants don't change where the boarder is. It's quite futile to make a science of this.

I can honestly say I don't know what Thai is. Which may be the most educated post on this thread. I have seen what it's meant to be, but logistically, It was Albanian.

What was that cotton loaded stuff that was pretending to be Thai across Europe? It was fairly nice brick. I still have some. I very much doubt it came all the way from Thailand though.

JohnnyChicago

I missed that. Without wanting to appear rude, I won't go looking. I like to see for myself, or I'm as happy to take your word as theirs. It's just talk. We see pages of argument on these subjects.

Then go look yourself instead of talking from the couch.
Time traveling might not be possible yet. But flights to Thailand or the balcans are cheap from Amsterdam.
I am no landrace expert. But Coffeeshop nerd, who knows very well Thailand. And what a concidence .... used to see a lot of albanian weed in the 90/00s.

In the 90s the quality of albanian weed did vary a lot. There was this red/pupleish stuff that was very psychedelic, causing bad trips to some people. There was the rumor it was getting sprayed by the albanian mafia.. Just like the opium thing on the thai sticks.
I hope they have kept that stuff in the balcans and further south since it must have been a very great sativa.
And selling albanian weed for 4€/g labeled as thai in coffeeshops? You are right, how that can be worth the efforts...
Makes no sense.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Anyway, I didn't understand how we got here .... LOL I don't understand how difficult it is to find a good Thai in Amsterdam (if it's not Thai, but Laos or Vietnam is another matter), and I don't understand how a breeder (who may like it or not) can not see the difference between a Thai sativa and Albanian commercial plant ...

Little OT, even in some areas of Italy the mafia has cannabis crops (although in recent years it has "contracted out" the cultivation to other countries) and does not grow sativas, but powerful, productive and fast hybrids ...
JohnnyChicago I remember that weed, sometimes it was so pressed it looked like a block of wood ... there were legends about ammonia baths and the like, probably some (more expensive) batches were sprayed with PCB

Raho

Veteran

I have the Albanian Mafia StarDawg cut ...
Just kidding ...
but I bet there is one ;-)

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Surely the Mafia Stars is Crit, like everyone elses :)
I have connections back there. I can almost certainly get the old beans. These days it's all hybrids though. Bricked too cheap for the UK. Everyone wants skunk and can get it. We are so self supporting now, that hash rarely comes through anymore. Our main dock for it (Liverpool) has been almost dry for a couple of years. People are willing to pay double for it now, but still it doesn't come. There is no silk road for such cheap goods. We would probably try and sell them ours lol

The more people insist they can tell things apart, the less faith I have in them.
Lets say I hand you a pipe of Stars. Will you be able to laugh it off, knowing it's Critical. Because it nearly always is around here.
Then, can you tell me what feed was used?
Light schedule?
Lets say you can tell it's soil. Can you tell me where the soil was from?

Tea is generally a single plant, sold by region. The soil is everything. When a cash crop like weed is involved, people swap their plants and start fixing the soil. The product changes. Thailand now allow 6 per family, for profit. The picture over there isn't that of 30 years ago. Nobody is exporting sticks anywhere. They are importing hybrid seeds. I would like to sample that regions wares, but don't think Thailand is the place to go. They don't like you turning up at the plantation.

I will stick to the story that I just don't know.
I have no more to add.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
the 6 plants in thailand are just medicinal , cbd stuff , not high thc sadly ,
maybe in time that will change ...
i know a guy who has a grow shop in an area i have visited a few times,
and there seems to be an increase in thai folks posting about cannabis on facebook ,
quite a few grows ,, a mix of old genetics , and new hybrids ,
its hard to get any of that unless you know the person/people,
otherwise you are stuck with the compressed Laos weed which goes from anywhere around $20 an ounce ,
of course that varies with currency and dealers , closeness to origin etc ...
that product does vary too , from quite average , to fairly good ,

the best we got they called it "dancing thai" ,
because it moved around on its own after you chopped it ,
interesting to note is when that stuff is first unwrapped its better than after it has oxidized..
well that was my observation anyhow ..

Latest posts

Latest posts