What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

LG/

Yes, but I cut them early as they were males. But looked like the "real deal". I'll like to give them another go sometime.
I have 6 going.
Calling them JamJam, but more of a nickname since I didn't breed it I shouldn't be naming it obviously.
Missed one in the photos but you get the idea
20240924_053103.jpg
20240924_053106.jpg
20240924_053109.jpg
20240924_053114.jpg
20240924_053116.jpg
20240924_053009.jpg
20240923_204724.jpg

Asentrouw

JamJam is probably Double Jam F4, the F1 was made by Jahgreenlabel who started the threat.

So the circle is round again. 🤣

Couldn't get the info from the Kwik site. So didn't mention it, as I was not sure. But came across the same info several times on the forum already yes.

Anyway seem like a good one if you are looking for a traditional Jamacain NLD strain.

Wolverine97

Veteran
Reactions: LG/

LG/

JamJam is probably Double Jam F4, the F1 was made by Jahgreenlabel who started the threat.
Lovely! Man small world I guess.

You need some Spinosad homie... them thrips are gonna kill ye
If your referring to the white spots on the leaves in the pictures that's residual sulphur. If your referring to something else I missed or didn't see please let me know

Wolverine97

Veteran
Lovely! Man small world I guess.

If your referring to the white spots on the leaves in the pictures that's residual sulphur. If your referring to something else I missed or didn't see please let me know
Ah, I see. I figured the large spots were residual of some kind of spray, but it looked like the smaller under canopy leaves had heavy thrip damage... but it's gotta just be the lighting/smaller spots. My fault.

Reactions: LG/

LG/

Ah, I see. I figured the large spots were residual of some kind of spray, but it looked like the smaller under canopy leaves had heavy thrip damage... but it's gotta just be the lighting/smaller spots. My fault.
No worries, I appreciate the concern. I'd much rather have ya say something and be mistaken than be silent but right!

My only complaint with sulphur for ipm is it looks bad on the leaves. It is what it is tho

Wolverine97

Veteran
No worries, I appreciate the concern. I'd much rather have ya say something and be mistaken than be silent but right!

My only complaint with sulphur for ipm is it looks bad on the leaves. It is what it is tho
Yeah I've been thinking about switching to micronized sulfur, just haven't done it yet.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
View attachment 19071670
Here are 4 seeds and 6 vials of "plant material" from the Oseberg viking grave, dated 834, marked Cannabis sativa, kept at the University of Oslo, Archeological dep. It was found 1904 in the Oseberg ship grave.
This is one of a multiple of cannabis seed and pollen accessions found in viking graves and settlements in Scandinavia. For a long time, this was presented as seeds only, assumed for fibre or food. But, you don't carry "plant material" for food or fibre, do you? Interestingly, the woman carrying the pouch of seeds and "plant material" - cannabis - , had several painful ailments, like arthitis and Norwegian sources says cancer. So archeologist now believes it was for medicinal purposes. The list of other gravegoods is extensive, in the ship there were all the most important objects you might need to settle and start a new life.

In the grave, skeletons of two women were found. One presumed to be a queen, the other there are more uncertain theories. "According to Per Holck of the University of Oslo, the younger woman's mitochondrial haplogroup was discovered to be U7.[13] Her direct maternal ancestors came to Norway from the Pontic littoral, probably Iran.[14]"
(This has not been confirmed yet.)

So perhaps what the vikings grew were Iranian landraces? Turkish? It seems medicinal cannabis in Norway has a very, very long history! 1.200 years!
View attachment 19071680
View attachment 19071737
The Oseberg ship.
That's from my family's farm. I got to see the ship and the land in person. There's many mounds they chose not to dig up, too

polarlynx

That's from my family's farm. I got to see the ship and the land in person. There's many mounds they chose not to dig up, too

How nice :). The farm certainly has the longest history for growing hemp, amazing.

"From the 13th century, the state collected tithes from hemp cultivation, and from the sixteenth century we have duties on the state's income from hemp cultivation in Vestfold. In recent times, all Norwegian farms of any size have had their own hemp farm, often near the manure cellar. There are accounts of hemp cultivation as far north as Velfjord. Both in Gudbrandsdalen, Orkdal and Gauldal, hemp was used as a textile fiber, along the coast it was primarily raw material for string, rope and, not least, fishing nets. It seems that hemp cultivation has been more widespread inland than along the coast, despite the fact that the coastal people have benefited far more from hemp for fishing and boating.

Hemp has also been used as a medicinal herb, especially for worm bites, but also for eye diseases and "heat in the heart".
"

https://vindheim-net.translate.goog...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

So, not only non-drug hemp. The strains must be have been autos, and drug plants mixed with hemp. The story of the woman getting intoxicated from "rusking" hemp is interesting, if not true. "Rusking" originally ment pulling males from the ground with the roots. (The expression to "rusk" is still in use in Norwegian, for me it means "to pull something fast and hard".) https://naob.no/søk?q=røske

Would have been interesting to grow some old Viking strains...

Reactions: Rgd

Latest posts

Latest posts