What's new

jamaican "lambsbread"

polarlynx

1726645253780.png

SMCG-JLBxHerijuana, 11 weeks. Lower branches are maturing, leaves are dropping. It seems the Lambsbread wants to have the last word, it's phenotypicality expressing last in the flower morphology. It makes sense, the Heri genes have nothing more at this stage in time, so sativa genes are in control of finishing? It makes for more airy buds, less risk of mold. Smell is mix sour floral soap and turpentine...

best vibes!
pl

polarlynx

As for the 60,000 yrs, I take that with a grain of salt as well.
I interpret it as Seasons and not years, which is still longer than the Smithsonian grants their existence.

They did talk of circumnavigating the globe, though. I thought that was pretty cool, and lines up with what other indigenous tribes around the globe say.

The Vikings came to Newfoundland in 985. Its very well documented by the Scandinavians. At the time, Leif was circumnavigating the Greenland his father found in order to accurately map it. To this day, his map matches with satellite cartography of Greenland.
The Natives say they were visited by Celtic monks about a generation earlier than the Vikings. Both of whom the Natives got along with, but only the Vikings intermarried and made it as far west as California (Lake County has/had a Viking burial mound that the Pomo nation were protecting out of honor and brotherhood, as per the current Chief Geronimo aka Thomas, whom I served in ceremony).
I was told there are 3 European peoples who the Natives have always gotten along with. The Celts, Scandinavians, and Templars. Yeah, those Templars. The medicine man who introduced me to Chief Geronimo was the son of a Templar and gave me his father's ruby Templar ring after I spent weeks in his teepee with Peyote he had been fermenting for 3 years.

There's so many beautiful connections and interbeingness among humanity that the Smithsonian et al dont want us to know about.
cannabis sativa osebergskipet.JPG

Here are 4 seeds and 6 vials of "plant material" from the Oseberg viking grave, dated 834, marked Cannabis sativa, kept at the University of Oslo, Archeological dep. It was found 1904 in the Oseberg ship grave.
This is one of a multiple of cannabis seed and pollen accessions found in viking graves and settlements in Scandinavia. For a long time, this was presented as seeds only, assumed for fibre or food. But, you don't carry "plant material" for food or fibre, do you? Interestingly, the woman carrying the pouch of seeds and "plant material" - cannabis - , had several painful ailments, like arthitis and Norwegian sources says cancer. So archeologist now believes it was for medicinal purposes. The list of other gravegoods is extensive, in the ship there were all the most important objects you might need to settle and start a new life.

In the grave, skeletons of two women were found. One presumed to be a queen, the other there are more uncertain theories. "According to Per Holck of the University of Oslo, the younger woman's mitochondrial haplogroup was discovered to be U7.[13] Her direct maternal ancestors came to Norway from the Pontic littoral, probably Iran.[14]"
(This has not been confirmed yet.)

So perhaps what the vikings grew were Iranian landraces? Turkish? It seems medicinal cannabis in Norway has a very, very long history! 1.200 years!
viking_travels.JPG

1727103593678.jpeg

The Oseberg ship.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Veteran
View attachment 19071670
Here are 4 seeds and 6 vials of "plant material" from the Oseberg viking grave, dated 834, marked Cannabis sativa, kept at the University of Oslo, Archeological dep. It was found 1904 in the Oseberg ship grave.
This is one of a multiple of cannabis seed and pollen accessions found in viking graves and settlements in Scandinavia. For a long time, this was presented as seeds only, assumed for fibre or food. But, you don't carry "plant material" for food or fibre, do you? Interestingly, the woman carrying the pouch of seeds and "plant material" - cannabis - , had several painful ailments, like arthitis and Norwegian sources says cancer. So archeologist now believes it was for medicinal purposes. The list of other gravegoods is extensive, in the ship there were all the most important objects you might need to settle and start a new life.

In the grave, skeletons of two women were found. One presumed to be a queen, the other there are more uncertain theories. "According to Per Holck of the University of Oslo, the younger woman's mitochondrial haplogroup was discovered to be U7.[13] Her direct maternal ancestors came to Norway from the Pontic littoral, probably Iran.[14]"
(This has not been confirmed yet.)

So perhaps what the vikings grew were Iranian landraces? Turkish? It seems medicinal cannabis in Norway has a very, very long history! 1.200 years!
View attachment 19071680
View attachment 19071737
The Oseberg ship.
Thx
Can u please also post it here?

https://www.icmag.com/threads/vintage-cannabis-photography.132496/page-76

Wolverine97

Veteran
I got the cut from a guy who got the seeds from a guy who went to Ja. specifically to look for seeds and brought back many from up in the hills. I can get more seeds from this guy, he has grown out a few and this was one of them. It's got to be some kind of a cross from over there, Ja.xSkunk something I'm sure. It's good though, just not lambsbread.
Purple Skunk. It's ubiquitous on the western half of the island. I have lots of seeds I've collected there, over many separate trips. Most of them grow herb that looks very similar, and all have that smell you described as "funky peaches or mango", with some spiciness in there too. I made fresh seed with a handful of them last season, and grew those out this year. It's definitely an inbred line that's pretty stable, the "f2" (not really a true f2) comes out just like the parents. Some will have slightly more broad, or more narrow leaflets, but otherwise they're all pretty much the same. I have tons of them, if you want to try any...

Wolverine97

Veteran
a normal pheno @107 days
flowered in the smallest container possible to manage size, 5" quart.
View attachment 18890606
View attachment 18890607
View attachment 18890608
This is what I think of, when I think "Lambsbread" ganja. I had one batch of seed I saved there, the most sativa stuff I could source in St Bess', and it came out just like that. No fruitiness at all, just pure wood, and spice smell/flavor. It was the most clear headed, happy, upbeat focus weed I have ever had. Almost zero "high", or stone to it at all, just pure electric energy. Not trippy, just straight focus weed. I loved it, but only grew it once... I should see if those will still pop.

Most everything else I have run, that I sourced in JA, is some variation of Purple Skunk. Some a bit more indica, some a bit more to the sativa side, but all share the same general look, nose, and taste.

-maui-

I still have 5 beans of the underground seeds Double Jam, 10 or 12 years old.
I hope they still germinate and I can set up a light dep next spring.
double jam.jpg

Attachments

• international.jpg
    international.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 3
  • peter.jpg
    peter.jpg
    875.6 KB · Views: 3