What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

from the future
Veteran
@Hashpants's update ;)
125571a13e00e1032354baf8f6c6e07e78a03b36.jpeg

Wwbsox

Been a little while since I posted. Planted these around last Christmas. Did an indoor seed run run that ended the middle of May. Moved outdoors, and revegged 2 males and 2 females in June and flipped them July 1st. The males have done their job admirably... I took four clones of each male. Guess I will have to start a "father" room. Never thought I would be excited about male plants. Just wish my camera skills were better.
IMG_2375.jpg
IMG_2376.jpg
IMG_2369.jpg
IMG_2361.jpg

BC LONE WOLF

Been a little while since I posted. Planted these around last Christmas. Did an indoor seed run run that ended the middle of May. Moved outdoors, and revegged 2 males and 2 females in June and flipped them July 1st. The males have done their job admirably... I took four clones of each male. Guess I will have to start a "father" room. Never thought I would be excited about male plants. Just wish my camera skills were better. View attachment 19054778 View attachment 19054780 View attachment 19054783 View attachment 19054784

Great work man, I couldn’t keep my last years pheno alive. Kudos

And on the males, I believe that rare males and pollen is the new gold in the game. Nice to know you got a keeper

Wwbsox

None of the plants got as tall as I was thinking they would for a sativa growing outside. But to be fair, they were small when I flipped them. They did quadruple (or more) in size so far. Honestly, if they got as big as some of the plants I have seen on this thread... there would be no way I could move them in and out of the grow tent to make sure they get their 14 hours of darkness. Now the 2 females. Seeds are plumping up in the bracts.
IMG_2380.jpg
View attachment IMG_2382.jpg View attachment IMG_2359.jpg View attachment IMG_2360.jpg View attachment IMG_2373.jpg View attachment IMG_2374.jpg
IMG_2379.jpg

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Great Wwbsox! Thanks for the love and repro F8, one of your two moms show little intersex but it doesn't really matter considering your stable males, very good job congratz!

Are those two females in the same spicy carrott or is there a fruity banana or mango tone?

Cheers bro :rasta:

Wwbsox

Great Wwbsox! Thanks for the love and repro F8, one of your two moms show little intersex but it doesn't really matter considering your stable males, very good job congratz!

Are those two females in the same spicy carrott or is there a fruity banana or mango tone?

I kept 1 fruity female pheno and 1 earthy incense pheno.

Wwbsox

Haven't noticed any intersex with the females. Maybe what you are seeing is because I literally picked up the male plants and shook the heck out of them over the females. A cloud of pollen and lots of male flowers fell off onto the females.

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Just little lonely few banana, nothing really serious to be worry :)

IMG_2380.jpg

(From 1st pic)

Very cool to have scored Green spicy and Gold fruity pheno from my F7 bravo again sir, excellent work and efforts with the night move everyday flowering wow!

Roms

from the future
Veteran
About the size of plants all is proportionnal to the medium you offer (or the fertility if there open ground).
Anyway timing of clone or reveg development before the flo switch is also revealing of course and i think there may be size differences according geno/pheno Gold or big Green!

P.S. : I see you also have others JLB big plants in natural condition (i see the #6) :biggrin:

Last edited:

polarlynx

hola roms

thx for sharing :)

columbian gold X jamaican lambsbread

best vibes
Hola @jahgreenlabel, @Roms and other old friends..! Nice to see you are still keeping the Vibes alive! I had to work, be a dad, and been sick long time. 13 years in a nutshell.

Nice plants everyone! Beautiful JLB! Well done keeping it alive, big respect!

I don't have the pure JLB, but after 13 years in the fridge, the Santa Marta Columbian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread got reproduced this year. Seeds has waited a long time, but I still got 5/5, 1 male, four girls. Three girls SMCG dominant pheno with tighter nugget buds, one Lambsbread pheno, more elongated and stringy. The JLB pheno took more time to develop, and harder to grow indoors. Very tall girls, they filled my (small) room, growing horisontally to fit. The male was very early, and very vigorous! Unfortunately, no pictures. Seeds are good, I have seedlings in veg already :).

In addition to solid repro of all SMCGxJLB girls, I made some bonus hybrids. Here's the first, crossed to a Herijuana from Motarebel, (via Vibescollective 2006). Size is manageable, productivity looks good :). Flowering time yet to be determined, 8 weeks 12/12 in these pictures, taken yesterday. Very happy about the way it's shaping up!
1724659616104.png

1724660290105.png

1724660521824.png

What else can I say, - very big thanks, respect for the work well done, and thanks for sharing both the SMCG and the SMCGxJLB!

peace & love, and good vibes to all,
polaris/lynx

Roms

from the future
Veteran
Hey Welcome Back Lynx Cool indica combo with Herijuana, your Santa Marta/JLB looks happy and stretchy in there, 12/14 weeker i guess. Do you refind a sativa touch smelling? Good flo brotha :rasta:

This SM Colombian Gold x Lambsbread line is precious, felicidades to you with them!

polarlynx

Thank you, Roms! Here's a more explanatory pic, I found my wide angle lens. This cross is really just what I hoped for, I'm in awe... They just started to smell bad, pungent and strong. Nothing sweet or floral.
1724794492304.png

Two girls, and a fresh cutting :). As you see, topping the main stem could have been a method to apply, to focus the energy to all those equally long branches. They are about 170-180cm tall, including the container. I started 9 seeds in early June, got 7(!) males and two girls. Didn't show sex until I switched to 12/12, but when I did they declared in 7 days. I took cuttings despite having triggered flowering, thankfully it worked. Rooted and revegged, one cutting can be seen bottom left corner.

I see more new genetics are being introduced to the Caribbean and Americas, more important than ever to preserve these strains.

Some pics of the pure Santa Marta Columbian Gold, 110 days 12/12. The closeups are from day 95. So potent, my buddy grower said he got "almost psycotic", and refused to grow them again... 6 months from seed was a bit of a wait for a new grower too :D. Well worth it, in my opinion :rasta:
SMCG_finish.jpg

SMCG_finish2.jpg

SMCG_sample_cu_95d.jpg

SMCG_sample_cu_95d_2.jpg

SMCG_sample_ucu_95d.jpg

Roms

from the future
Veteran
🤩 Last pics looks and sounds like Santa Marta "Red" pheno i would say ^^ I think the "Gold" like Lambsbread is way less resinous and with longer flowering generally. Big up Lynx (y)

Latest posts

Latest posts