What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

jamaican "lambsbread"

Roms

Veteran
Internet Free Lambsbread

téléchargement.png

Wwbsox

Question unrelated to JLB. Does anyone know why (on my end at least) the pictures I inserted with my last post (post #1894) show up as links that open in a separate tab? Instead of displaying the picture in the post? First time I am seeing it this way. I don't think I did anything different. Does it show up the same for y'all? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Wwbsox

Yes it does, maybe a question of "space" between your pics? Do you use "attach files" or "insert image"?
I used insert image. Very annoying that the pictures have to be viewed in a separate browser tab. I will take a few more pics this weekend and try again. Thanks Roms.

navy66

I think I'm the only person in the world with this dumb question. (This thread is massively entertaining, btw.) I have some of these JLB seeds and I want to start them. I've grow before. . .but nothing in this league. Can someone please explain what the weekly sort of light schedule should be for these JLB? Why are they started under 12/12? Do they stay there always? Will one JLB scrogged fill a 4x4x8 tent? In how long? Sorry for all the basics, I just feel like everything is gonna be crazy different. I've heard advice to keep these JLBs in 3 gallon containers and no larger. (FYI, doing these outside isn't an option where I am.)

BC LONE WOLF

I started this hybrid (not pure JLB) on 12/12 and took light hours as they got older finishing at 9/15.
Closer to 12/12 gives less tight flower structure 10/14 will reduce the flower stretch. Based on experience.

And they take long time so patience is key.

Good luck on your run

IMG_4120.jpeg

Last edited:

Wwbsox

I think I'm the only person in the world with this dumb question. (This thread is massively entertaining, btw.) I have some of these JLB seeds and I want to start them. I've grow before. . .but nothing in this league. Can someone please explain what the weekly sort of light schedule should be for these JLB? Why are they started under 12/12? Do they stay there always? Will one JLB scrogged fill a 4x4x8 tent? In how long? Sorry for all the basics, I just feel like everything is gonna be crazy different. I've heard advice to keep these JLBs in 3 gallon containers and no larger. (FYI, doing these outside isn't an option where I am.)
Hey Navy. No dumb questions.

Not the expert here, as I am only on my second JLB grow. But… I have read through this entire thread, multiple times. First off, three gallon pots would be quite big for these plants. Smaller pot sizes will limit the plants growth. And growing indoors, you will want to limit them. When they start to flower and stretch, they can get huge.

As far as light schedule. You can normally start a plant flowering with 12/12 light schedule. Natively, these plants are close to a 12/12 schedule while in veg. My experience is that they need to be closer to a 10/14 when flowering. So, a lot of people start them out at 12/12 for a week or two before switching. This also helps control the growth/ stretch during flowering.

Also, if you have “these” seeds plan on at least a 16 to 20 week flowering period for unseeded bud.

navy66

Thanks for the replies, both of you! :) Yes, I have 11 JLB seeds from Upstate on OG. He says his duration is about 23 weeks, and he has a great tutorial on keeping them small. Just to clarify: we REDUCE the light hours and increase darkness time as we move through veg to flower to finish? That seems oddly counterintuitive but Okay! Start at 12/12 and give them a little less light as we go on. Also: if I pop a few seeds and end up with good looking males and females, I want to self them with STS. Is that doable?

Last edited:

BC LONE WOLF

Thanks for the replies, both of you! :) Yes, I have 11 JLB seeds from Upstate on OG. He says his duration is about 23 weeks, and he has a great tutorial on keeping them small. Just to clarify: we REDUCE the light hours and increase darkness time as we move through veg to flower to finish? That seems oddly counterintuitive but Okay! Start at 12/12 and give them a little less light as we go on. Also: if I pop a few seeds and end up with good looking males and females, I want to self them with STS. Is that doable?

For indoors its called diminishing light schedule…
Depending where you live on planet earth (IAM at 49N).
In nature June 21 st natural photoperiod is at its peak 16+ hrs on crisp sun light… from that day until December 21st light is reduced close to 3mins a day hitting a low of 8+ hr of light.

When in the equator this photoperiod variation does not exceed 30 mins of difference year round. 12/12 almost year round.

Maybe most of the NarrowLeaf/Sativa growing community will agree with this statement:
“When doing pure or dominant Sativa cultivars in a tent under lights, start them from 12/12 and reduce photoperiod gradually “

JLB will stretch until its last day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts